Lil M.'s Trailer :: LilScamper
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

LilScamper

Registry
Trailer Name LilScamper
Year 1984
Make Scamp
Model Standard
Length 13 ft.
New axle installed
History I'm the third owner of this well-kept little egg. Check out the album on my profile page for updated photos of what I've done since acquiring LilScamper and doing these first improvements.
You can read about them here
Interior
Haven't seen this partition in any other Scamp. Is it a modification? Bunk End Dinette/Bed
New carpet installed by original owner. Side wall in kitchen appears to be a retrofit. Replaced carpet with laminate flooring. Had front upper fiberglass storage installed at Scamp factory. Lucky me, I only live 100 miles away from Backus, MN, where these little gems are made.

Exterior
Replaced door gasket and thresshold gasket Homemade awning
Door resealed. Restored shine to fiberglass with Red Maxx Floor Finish. HINT: Be sure and keep maintaining finish. Otherwise, it starts peeling off and looks kinda mottled. Need to find a way to remove it all and redo.
Finally got the homemade awning fairly wind and rainproof.

Customization
Shelves form Target
Added shelves in lower kitchen cupboard. Changed fridge front panel. Added clock on upper cabinet. Put wire shelves inside tall closet. Made new insulated curtains from two panels purchased at Target. TV/bluray shelf installed. Built inside window boxes for books, etc. UPDATE: Removed TV shelf and moved TV to side of closet. Makes the dining space feel much bigger.

Renovations
before new axle after new axle
Had electrical cover, door & threshold seal, driver side marker light replaced. Had new tires installed and bearings repacked. Then the next year, went to Evevold's in Back and had the axle replaced.
Installed battery on tongue to power 12v lites in trailer. Added solar panel to charge battery. TV only has 4-pin hookup. Installed 12v water pump and replaced hand pump faucet with 12v pump faucet.

Other Information
Still pretty lousy at backing into campsites.

Tow Vehicle
2002 Dodge Grand Caravan then 2005 Chrysler Town & Country 3.8L (love the Sto-N-Go seats).
Views: 6020