jeff isaacson's Trailer :: ECO
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

ECO

Registry
Trailer Name ECO
Year 1970
Make ECO, Manufactured by Century, Aurora Neb.
Model FeatherLite
Length 13'
Packages Has been a basic Egg, (KISS)Keep It Simple Stupid
new paint
upper rite of door sustained 12"-18"cracks
History Rescued this little gem in the late 80's. Had been rolled and heavily damaged above the door frame. It may have been one of the original ECO's that were on the cassette videos, where factory workers deliberately launched one into a rollover, while being pulled by a truck. To show how tuff and resilient they were! Spoke to one of the original(Century Manufacturing) owners sons many years ago. Some selling point!
Interior
the original standard interior new interior paint and cosmetic touches were all 'IT' needed
For many years it appeared to be used as a 'hunting hut'. Interior was literally covered with thousands of shot(shot-gun pellets). Even to this day (though shes been gutted 'sic') these rolly pollys continue to roll out of nooks & crannies; other than that 'standard interior' with a 'surfers' motif.......replaced original Suburban heater control valve years ago, continue to use the powerless driven heater, this coming spring plans call for refurbishing/replacing cabinet doors, you'd think that after owning 'IT', I'd have done a complete re-mod by now. No better time than the present I say! 'manana theres always 'manana'

Exterior
push bar
new white on blue...original was white on tan, white spoked wheels, new linoleum flooring, gun metal grey interior trim on low gloss white

Customization
went with the simple look
Two reasons I chose not to go the roof-top a/c. #1) generally not needed in Colorado for the most part. When I do use(need) it. I simply remove 1 of the jalouise louvered side windows and mount a small window a/c that is cantilevered in(only takes 10 minits). #2) enjoy the clean smooth lines with out roof-top a/c. Front window cover is a solar collector and canopy(not pictured). Rear tubular push bar mounted over spare tire.

Renovations
note; straps are unhooked
New trailing arm Dexter axle, 10 degree down, also as with many that have had door issues, besides new hinges, I installed h/d rubber draw straps on the lower portion of hatch.

Other Information
National Monument, last 2011 outing
nearly 42 years old and still goes down the road like a little champ. cant tell you how many miles I've pulled 'IT'

Tow Vehicle
a 'speck' on the wall
2005 E-350 for business/2007 GMC Savana Van
Views: 3007