Shimforrest's Trailer :: Compact Jr
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Compact Jr

Registry
Trailer Name Compact Jr
Year 1972
Make Hunter
Model Compact Jr
Length 10' shell 17' frame
Packages toy hauler
History We bought the camper from a second owner. They bought it in 1973. I have all the original paperwork.
Interior
We added AC and a refrigerator. New curtains and seat covers, a Kenwood disk player, new interior lights ,and new paint. We also removed the stove, hood and ice box.

Exterior
I made new awnings and had a new canvas made. The lights were upgraded to led. fiberglass is all original gel coat.

Customization
I built a new extended frame with a Torflex axle with EZ-Lube spindles, and 5 drop foot jacks. The frame mods enable me to take my motorcycle and two propane tank with us.

Renovations
I would like to paint exterior in the near future to protect the fiberglass.

Other Information
When we get to our destination we can travel the back roads by bike.

Tow Vehicle
2003 F150 with a 5.4 Triton V8. This camper fully loaded I believe weighs approx 2000# with approx 650# at the coupler. Without the bike it could easily be towed with car or small suv. The bike weighs about 500#. I use weight distribution and anti-sway when hauling the bike. It tows at interstate speeds effortlessly.
Views: 3621