gperry's Trailer :: 1979 Fiber Stream
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Registry
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Registry
Trailer Name
Year 1979
Make Fiber Stream
Model
Length 16 Ft
History I bought this camper about 12 years ago and it was in sad shape. Someone had cut a hole in the front and added a window A/C unit that sat on the tongue where the propane bottles would be mounted. I covered and sealed this with diamond plate aluminum. Unfortunately none of the appliances where operational: stove/oven gone and refrigerator was missing the door. So both were removed and those vent holes covered and sealed , again, with diamond plate aluminum. Foam cushions were gone and wood/paneling had severe water damage, floor was not much better. So I decided to gut it and start over.
Interior
Floor was replaced with 3/4" treated plywood, secured with stainless hardware and fiberglass. All new wood framing made and skinned with new paneling. Layout was kept essentially the same except slight modifications to allow for microwave, drawer, etc. Most of the electrical and plumbing were replaced including a new hot water heater. Had new foam cut and covered with denim by a good friend, a professional job! Added a 12volt cooler and a 2-burner cooktop.

Exterior
Unfortunately there were still a few places that were leaking on the roof that caused some minor water damage later to the new woodwork so I sealed the entire roof last year and it worked great. It had a small hole in the fiberglass behind the door that I fiberglassed back smooth. Added a new tongue jack and all new wheels and tires last year. Just recently repacked all the axle bearings.

Customization
Added roof A/C, entry step, and square tube rear bumper. Axles flipped for higher ground clearance. Gas lines replaced and stubbed out sideport gas outlet with quick-connect for outdoor cooking, etc.

Other Information
What a fun, lightweight and easy pulling camper. The dual axles make the difference, very little tongue weight.
Views: 7101