sarahspins's Trailer :: Ramblin' Rose
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Registry
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Ramblin' Rose

Registry
Trailer Name Ramblin' Rose
Year 1984
Make Scamp
Model S-13
Length 13'
History I believe I am the fourth owner of this Scamp. The owner previous to me is responsible for the awesome paint job

I have no immediate plans to paint the exterior aside from covering up some needed repair work (hole patching).

I am working on some repairs and upgrades to make this beauty usable again. Most pressing is that she needs a new axle.
Interior
Closet was modified to hold a 5000BTU window A/C unit. The exhaust is vented out of the side of the trailer (through a duct fashioned from reflectix), and fresh air comes in from vents added to the floor (one of which contains a tube where any excess condensate also drains out).

Engel SB-70 fridge was installed and runs completely off the 100W solar panel I installed on the roof. I have no converter in my scamp, only a charge controller connected to the solar panel to maintain my battery.

Exterior
Stock door lock replaced with fastec lock with deadbolt - much more secure. After removing a small section of the closet mounting flange to allow the latch to fully engage, I used the strike plate that came with the lock mounted to a small block of wood that I attached to the closet.. it seemed the easiest/cleanest way to manage this, I've seen others use modified corner brackets, but I didn't want anything metal sticking out into the doorway.

The original door lock would lock/unlock with any key that fit into the lock, so I suspect that the tumblers were jammed within the lock mechanism, making it essentially useless for security. I also had to cut the old lock off because the sides wouldn't separate - it was solidly rusted together.
Views: 2850