Mr.Stu's Trailer :: Alice
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Alice

Registry
Trailer Name Alice
Year 1974
Make Amerigo
Model FG-16
Length 16'
"The Ordeal"
History Purchased in 2014. everything was original. All wood flooring and bottom of paneling was rotted. Fridge and stove operational but unsatisfactory. Supports for fridge and stove rotted as well. Yellow and white striped paneling and burnt orange cushions, yuck!
I Gutted the entire unit.
Interior
rotted, patched floor Toilet floor
Started out as a Floor replacement, but the further I went, the more rot I found. FO had attempted patch job but floor was really, really bad....
Floor under toilet was very rotted as well.
(Update) New flooring in and re-fiberglassed!
Built new window frames today and installed new screw cap.

Exterior
Trailer Before re-do Trailer after straightening bumper, sanding, paint, axle and tires
Last year I did the trailer, Por-15 paint and new Dexter axle, e-brakes & tires. Installed a different style axle to get it up off the ground a bit. This year I am about to paint the shell and then re-wire with all LED lighting inside and out and completely new interior, new power converter, stove top, electric fridge.
Have been taking Pics every step of the way.
This is my first camper. It is a lot of work!, but I am having fun with it and it will be to my liking when I am done. Will post pics sometime down the road.
(Update) Exterior Painted, new wood and all stainless screws holding the two halves together.
Views: 4475