Hettinga's Trailer :: 1984 Bigfoot deluxe
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Registry
Trailer Name
Year 1984
Make Bigfoot
Model deluxe
Length 17
Packages shower
History I bought this in May 2015 from the grandson of the original owners. It was bought new in Morinville Alberta and spent it's life up until now mostly neglected. Very little use.

While the interior and exterior had very little wear, there were issues (found of course after purchase). 2"x14" hole in the grey water tank from road debris. Corrosion hole in hot water tank. Oven and furnace won't light. Gas lines clogged with oil. Completely filthy in and out.

Other than those issues, it was in good shape.
Interior
Mostly original.

Exterior
Standard original. It was in rough shape with a massive sticker covering the back. Also covered in black mildew spots. I likely spent 6 hours scrubbing it, first with citrus degreaser and brush, then with Mr Clean Magic Eraser. I then polished it with Nu Finish. Looks pretty good.

Customization
I put in a new hot water tank. gas/electric with switch inside.

The other thing I have done is to cover the front edge of grey water tank with fiberglass. This was to cover the gaping hole but also to protect it better from future rocks and road debris.

Instead of redoing the hubs and brakes I bought a whole new axle from Standens. I bought a straight axle in order to lift it 4". Also had spring mounts added to the top of the axle in case i ever want to lift it more, by flipping it beneath the leafs. Replaced leaf springs, bushings, and u-bolts at the same time. All for about 475 CDN.

Tow Vehicle
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4
Views: 2568