canyon Rafter's Trailer :: FORD(Found on Road Dead)
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

FORD(Found on Road Dead)

Registry
Trailer Name FORD(Found on Road Dead)
Year 1982
Make Fiber Stream
Model
Length 16 ft.
History Trailer tiped over in high wind on I80 near Arlington, Wyoming. I bought the Fiber Stream from the tow company that hauled it to Laramie, Wyo. I had a friend patch the broken fiberglass and I fixed the few broken cabinets inside. I used this trailer quite a lot for about 10 years then stored it for about the same amount of time. I have started a total remodel both inside and out. Hope to have it up and ready for fall and winter camping here in the desert southwest. Below are images of remodel before and after.
Interior
Kitchen before
Interior was in bad shape after many years of being stored. I moved the trailer to my driveway so I could work on it more easily and started the remodel. I did not do all of the work at one time so it took quite a while to finish.

Exterior
As shown in the pictures I had some work to do to make this thing something my wife would like to be in for trips around the western U.S.

Customization
The Plywood was in pretty bad shape here and there so I replaced the ugly stuff and put in new flooring, no carpet anymore. Then the interior was put back together. It was a labor of love because no one could have afforded to pay me for the time I spent on this remodel. It is going to be great to get this thing out and enjoying my efforts!

Renovations
Bathroom Kitchen took some time to get everything in so that it all fit nicely. Bathroom shower pan needed to be fiber glassed in so it would not leak around the outside of the pan and the riser for the toilet needed to be just the right height to accommodate for shower pan and plumbing going into the black water tank. All the old walls were thrown away and all the new walls and cabinets were built to fit. I used a wood graining technique to paint the doors.

Other Information
The bathroom sink was probably the easiest thing to reinstall! I plumed in a hand held sprayer as a bidet for my wife(I kinda like it too!). Of course there is a shower head in there also. Toilet is old but still works just fine and I wanted to keep some of the old fixtures to keep the integrity of the original Fiberstream!

Tow Vehicle
The heater needed the sail switch replaced but is still working fine. I think later I will add a Catalytic heater, much quieter and more convent. The water heater just needed flushed and a new anode rod otherwise it worked ok. I put in a new ac-dc converter just because the old one was probably about to go and not that good of a unit anyway. The new one can charge both kinds of battery's.
Well that just about sums it up. I will just have to do up keep from now on, and oh yea and put in some more finishing touches!
Views: 3036