Lolli K's Trailer :: Wander Inn
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Wander Inn

Registry
Trailer Name Wander Inn
Year 1972
Make Hunter
Model Compact Jr
Length 12'
Wander Inn
Our tiny traveler Rock guard over window
History Bought in September 2016 in Bryan, Texas. I don't know much of its history but was in pretty good shape - only a little wood rot under the sink and near the door, no canvas, no cushions, no table, stinky dorm size fridge, rusty propane stove and heater.
Interior
Tiny but cozy
We are keeping the layout mostly the same, with a few changes to the cabinets, countertop and storage area. We widened the bed/bench seats to 24” and rebuilt and refinished all the wood. We refinished the propane stove but removed the propane heater. It was taking up too much room and was too rusty to work safely. We added a regular electric dorm size refrigerator and a tiny microwave.

Exterior
I had to sew the canvas pop top without a pattern. It is not the best fit but works ok. We painted the strips on it. We painted the outside with industrial oil based paint from Sherwin-Williams. We built the door and put a porthole in it. We designed and cut the vinyl decal on my Silhouette electronic die and vinyl cutter.

Customization
Table and cushions
I sewed all the cushions out of marine vinyl. I used 4” firm foam and made two 6’ x 24” cushions for the benches/beds and 6 smaller 20” x 14” for the back cushions. We made a 4’ x 20” table that attaches to the wall with one fold up leg. When we put the table down at bed level, we have a 6’ wide bed from shoulders to thighs using three of the small cushions.

Renovations
As much as we hated to, we had to put an a/c somewhere. We live in Texas and knew there were 9 months out of the year we could not use it without one. The top is not strong enough for a roof a/c so we cut a hole over the tongue and put the a/c there. It is reinforced around it and hides it fairly well behind the propane tanks.

Tow Vehicle
2007 Chrysler Aspen
Views: 1869