The Grimes's Trailer :: 1974 Boler
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Registry
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Registry
Trailer Name
Year 1974
Make Boler
Model
Length 13’
History My parents purchased our Boler, second hand when I was a child. I remember every summer spending my fathers two weeks of vacation sleeping on the top bunk, with my little brother on the bottom bunk. It was our window to the wider world and nurtured my wanderlust.
Now that I have a family of my own and a young daughter I have started to repair and update with the hope that I can grow the same love of the wild in her.

ps: My parents still love to camp, in fact this year they “upgraded” to a 5th wheel scamp
Interior
- 12v lights replaced
- Under cabinet radio with light mounted over sink
- 3 upper cabinet doors replaced with one long door, lifts upward on pistons
- Kitchenette reinforced and subdivided, fridge compartment sealed from interior
- Kitchenette faced in 1/8” birch ply
- Drawer enlarged and mounted to glides under
stovetop
- Propane line moved to rear right corner of cabinet
- Furnace removed
- Cupboard with shelf built into furnace opening
- Closet divided with shelves into three cabinets; top for dry storage, middle is vented and holds a microwave, bottom cupboard is storage for canned goods and pantry items (someday an A/C unit)
- Inside of cubbies sanded and painted out white, wires organized into a channel
- Cubby hatches replaced with birch ply
- Batteries upgraded to two in parallel, removed from the rear cubby and installed on the tongue
- Zippers replaced in all cushion covers
- Brass curtain rods replaced with brushed silver
- New curtains with blackout liner
- Doorframe built out for future screen door
- Door repaired (was broken horizontally on both sides at bottom edge of window)
- Battery shut off switch, fuse breaker with two 15amp circuits and a 12v breaker box for boondocking installed in front kitchen side cubby. (30amp receptacle, 30amp cord and trickle charger to come soon)

Exterior
- Frame rebuilt, with an extended and squared rear bumper, sandblasted and painted.
- New tongue jack and LP cover.
- Spare tire removed from fibreglass shell, mounted to the new bumper.
- LED tail and marker lights
- Furnace vent removed and fibreglassed opening
- Repaired dents, dings, cracks, etc to fiberglass shell.
- Exterior outlet installed beside door
- Fridge vent replaced

Tow Vehicle
TBD
Views: 700