New Owners Here! 1984 Fiber Stream :) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2015, 04:25 PM   #21

Name: Monica and Susie
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yo Monica and Susie, to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here

Lucky, lucky you to have someone who cared enough to pass a Fiber Stream on to you, where it will continue to be loved and used. Totally cool trailers!

I second Ted's request. Any pictures you can share?
Hi Donna! Thank you so much for the welcome.... we're back in the country and getting ready to fix up our lady! Here she is:
vivaciousmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #22

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
I'm curious to know what about this trailer you feel needs restoration?

Since this is a family heirloom, do you have any experience with camping in it?

1984 is close to the end of production of Fiber Streams. They went out-of-business and closed in 1986 at the top of "factory" output quality; not because of difficulty with the trailer, but because the principals of the company were old and in poor health, and could not interest anyone to buy and be (like them) the Labor as well as the Management. It was a small company and the trailers were custom assembled by these principals. They didn't have but one employee, and their overhead was minimal.
Thank you so much, Fred! I have been reading through the message boards, and super appreciating the wealth of info and knowledge that you have/share. You are Gold around these parts!

This is the most obvious of the repairs we are looking at first, now that we are back and ready to go:

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Any suggestions for two ladies that are fairly handy, but definitely new and inexperienced in trailer/fiberglass repair? Thank you!
Old 06-06-2015, 04:40 PM   #23

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Doing the happy dance for you! Conratulations and Welcome!

did I miss the pictures?? (we love pictures!)
Thank you, Pam! Here she is:
Old 06-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #24

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Doing the happy dance for you! Conratulations and Welcome!

did I miss the pictures?? (we love pictures!)
Thank you Pam! We're back in town, and ready to start loving' her up! Here she is:
Old 06-06-2015, 04:56 PM   #25

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by keekers View Post
Welcome Roger and Pete, Glad to see more "family" added the the FGRV family. Congratulations on your marriage. Honeymoon and new to you camper pictures too. Love it!!
Patti
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsroger View Post
MONICA AND SUSIE - My husband Pete and I have a 1984 also. We got it April 2014 and have done lots of work to bring it back. When it became legal for us to marry in WA we took it on a 5000 mile honeymoon trip. It rocks. You will love it.

Feel free to email us if you have questions or concerns. I will try to get a picture on this site. Roger
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsroger View Post
BAD NEWS FOR US...We had a no injury accident on I-5 that totaled our beautifully restored Fiber Stream. So sad. We will start looking for another RV in time, but for now grieving our loss. Luckily no other people or vehicles were involved, just a big bump, gust of wind, end of trip.
Hello Family!
It's wonderful to meet you all here.... and maybe some day we will cruise along and post of camp somewhere together!
Susie and I are newbies, and recently got back into the states... we are just about to start restoring our FS Lady.
Roger... sorry to here about your trailer, and so happy you were both safe and sound! Have you begun to play with a new toy?

Much love and happy trails to you all! <3 Monica and Susie
Old 06-06-2015, 09:18 PM   #26

Name: Juanita
Trailer: what
Mexico
first thing is to fix the leak, a new roof vent installed at this time is a good thing, then remove all the damaged ceiling parts and replace with new foam and your choice of new ceiling material, contact cement is your best friend on this project.

I am doing a 1978 remodel and took out all the carpet and the years of dust and ??? underneath, the plywood is sound so I am going to lay 1x6 pine flooring over it, stained and varnished as I choose. You may find the same will work for your trailer.
milliejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:42 AM   #27
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Welcome to the site

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #28

Name: robert
Trailer: FIBER STREAM
Texas
new owners of 1984 fiber stream

started the demo yesterday, looking forward to restoring this little gem.
robandlora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiber stream