Northern Lite Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Here is a link for everyone. http://www.northern-lite.com/ Guess the current manufacturers will need to be updated. Apparently Northern Lite is now in the game. Cheers.

MillerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Northern Lite photos dated 2005 in our Albums.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:03 AM   #3

Ahh yes, but if you go to the link you'll see they are selling them currently. And it would seem without the tent growing out the front. That's all I was mentioning. They appear to be back in the game.
MillerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Ahh! A new trailer brand in production. MFRV towables rule.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
I am in the process of negotiating a tour of the factory where Northern-Lites are made. I am open to collecting any questions that others might want answered.

The factory is not that far away from where I live.

PS: Looks like it is set for this Friday Feb. 8. Open to take any and all your questions.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
My wife and I had a tour through the Northern-Lite factory. Small world as I learned I knew the tour guide, the purchasing manager's, mother. I was really impressed with the appearance and the quality of the truck campers. This is what they focus on, though they also have a 13 ft. trailer. The wood work is sapele wood which is a brazilian hardwood that has a richness that is a different appearance than oak.
The fridges have a mirror coat that makes the space feel a lot more open,stainless steel burners oven, they use windows from Germany that work well with vinyl window frames that help create a thermal break, DVD/CD combination plus flat panel tv great for entertainment concerns. 60x80 inch bed, large opening sky light The truck campers have fiberglass toilet/shower combinations which is lacking on their trailer. This is to keep the weight down and one less tank, the toilet space on the trailer is not a fiberglass unit. I would want to explore what the difference would be to have the fiberglass shower,with accompanying weight issue and cost issues. There are hardwood cabinets all aound the dinette area. No particle board is used. The rear bumper is quite substantial and if I wanted to haul bicycles there I would wonder about an extension to the spare tire holder so that two bikes might fit there. I think one might fit there now in the space between the spare tire and the trailer but not sure where rubbing might take place. When one walks in the trailer, the door is very close to the front of the trailer, on the right, the front, there is a large hanging closet. It seems too big for week end trips but for longer trips it would be great. Some of the tanks are enclosed at the foot of this closet. This may help with tongue weight.There is a lot of space on the tongue, space for battery, and two propane tanks with a fiberglass cover. A lot of the material is all in house, cabinets, fiberglass, etc. and it was nice to see a lot from local suppliers. A factory from my town provides the access doors etc. Tanks are locally made etc.

Its relatively a small factory, and the people pleasant to talk with. The trailers are not their main product but I believe their experieince with truck campers has given them a lot of experience and skill. They would like to do more with the trailer and I think they might be willing to work with a customer to have a satisfied cusomer. Each camper: had a work order sheet going down the line, with customers wishes highlighted, options that a dealer believes will satisfy their clientele etc. four campers were being loaded up for North Carolina.

Thoroughly enjoyed the tour. Wife was really impressed with the colours of upholstry, 4 different choices, colour of hardwood, neutral headliner etc.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #7

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot Rear Bed
I wander how our sinking US dollar is going to have effect on their business. Bigfoot dealer stated that their long standing strategy is to stay price immune to currency fluctuation. If US currency continue to struggle there is going to be lasting impact on our friends from North. I just purchased Bigfoot 21RB trailer and during the best price/dealer search I heard that US Bigfoot dealers are not allow to sell to Canadian.

George.
GeorgeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #8

Quote:
I wander how our sinking US dollar is going to have effect on their business. Bigfoot dealer stated that their long standing strategy is to stay price immune to currency fluctuation. If US currency continue to struggle there is going to be lasting impact on our friends from North. I just purchased Bigfoot 21RB trailer and during the best price/dealer search I heard that US Bigfoot dealers are not allow to sell to Canadian.

George.
There is a lot of this type of thing going on. They will price differently in the USA but we in Canada have to pay more. Due to price differential I no longer buy any books /mags as this is one of those items. I got a new vehical a few weeks back and i asked why the big drop from sticker price. I was told , it was so they could compete with USA pricing.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #9

Quote:
I think I purchased the 2008 Bigfoot at the wrong time, being last October. I think prices should have come down, as many of the components of the units comes from the US, and as the currency is near par, these components should now be at a lesser price. The flip side is that my wife bought a 2008 Tundra Ltd last Saturday (our new tow vehicle), and prices have dropped, as Chester says, to partially deal with the difference in vehicles on either side of the border. Had we purchased the Tundra in the US, we would have saved about $10,000, however may have problems with warranty as Toyota Canada and Toyota USA are two different companies. Unlike vehicles, where the reduced cost for new units has reduced the value of used vehicles, I think and hope that the longevity and uniqueness of moulded glass trailers will hope hold their value.
Rick B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
northern lite