the New Northern Lite Camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2016, 01:53 PM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
the New Northern Lite Camper

New 10-2EX Series Campers and their newly designed 9-6 Series Models. They Claim to be North America's ONLY Two Piece Molded Fiberglass Campers.
FG Campers for ALL Trucks Import to Full Size (6'10" to 10'2" Special Editions)
Northern Lite truck camper sales & manufacturing - Canada and USA or 800-887-5342 or info@northern-lite.com
This Magazine says they have a 5 star rating for over 13 years.
Mag-Snowbirds & RV Travellers December Edition.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:53 PM   #2

British Columbia
By the way did you know the Alaska Hwy turns 75

Stude
Old 10-13-2016, 04:30 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
truck campers

They look Great for a Truck camper .My wife does not want a big Truck or any truck for that matter . We bought the Escape 21 for now but I can see a lot of benefits of a truck camper .Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 04:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
I wish Northern Lite still made their nice trailer. I only saw one at the Oregon Gathering years ago.

Fiberglass RV - Historian's Album: Northern Lite - Picture
Old 10-13-2016, 06:43 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Around 2008/2009 they were making the travel trailer. I don't think they made very many. I have seen them come up a couple of times over the last few years for sale. I do wonder why they didn't remain in production. They are really sharp and clean looking.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:41 PM   #6

British Columbia
The reason I put that thread in here is because they say

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
They look Great for a Truck camper .My wife does not want a big Truck or any truck for that matter . We bought the Escape 21 for now but I can see a lot of benefits of a truck camper .Jim
:their Camper is the only true molded Truck Camper in North America.
Stude
Old 10-14-2016, 07:31 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
:their Camper is the only true molded Truck Camper in North America.
Stude
Aren't Bigfoot truck campers also molded?

I once saw a Northern Lite at an RV park just from the outside and the workmanship looks very good.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:22 AM   #8

Name: milton
Trailer: Northern Lite
British Columbia
Registry
NorthernLite Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
Around 2008/2009 they were making the travel trailer. I don't think they made very many. I have seen them come up a couple of times over the last few years for sale. I do wonder why they didn't remain in production. They are really sharp and clean looking.
Hi Cathy,Northern Lite stopped making Trailers in 2008 because being a small company they had to stop their camper assembly line for the trailer manufacturing.Campers being their main product line.Two years ago they had a fire that destroyed the molds.We where fortunate to purchase their last trailer.It was used for demo's at shows, so it was equipped nicely, and at a good price.We really enjoy the trailer and I have modified it to suit our needs. Cheers Milt
milt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Yes Bigfoot truck campers are all molded too. Here's the 1500 series: 1500 Series Truck Campers - Bigfoot RV - Truck Campers & Travel Trailers - Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:50 PM   #10

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:

I once saw a Northern Lite at an RV park just from the outside and the workmanship looks very good.
As Donna rightly points out Bigfoot are molded as well and they were the #1 most popular camper trailer here on the west coast for years with the fishing crowed.

When Bigfoot closed down for a number of years, Northern Lite stepped in and became the camper of choose. As a result Northern Lite has a pretty strong presents here in BC. When you go into a popular fishing area where everyone parks their trailers and campers its pretty common to see Northern Lite's where it was more common to see Bigfoot campers in the past. Although there are still a lot of Bigfoot campers around.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:55 PM   #11

Name: Bill
Trailer: Burro 1983 13'
Wisconsin
Not a fan of truck campers but it looks
really well made and well thought out.
Casita could take a lesson from them
about cabinets. (I like Casita but hate
the quality of their cabinets) would like
to see them produce a travel trailer again.
Burro Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:21 PM   #12

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Put an axle on the truck camper... voila, redneck travel trailer!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:31 PM   #13
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Never owned a truck camper but I find the idea appealing. But when I look close they always seem quite heavy, require a very big pick up, seem top heavy, and in combination cost twice the cost of my Frontier and Trillium for about the same space. Still, most have a bigger bed . Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:40 PM   #14

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Some at least allow you to raise them and drive away. That would be better than campers that are all-in-one units. I would not like a camper like that where you use the same vehicle to travel, and have to reconnect every time you return to the campsite.

CindyL
Old 10-14-2016, 06:23 PM   #15

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 2013 19 ft
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Hi Jim have had 2 truck campers . The last one was for 12 years . It was a 9 1/2 with wet bath . Now that we have a 19 ft Escape , many times miss that camper for storage . There was every nook and cranny used for storage in the camper . No space wasted . If I go back to a camper the Northern lite is the one I will go for . Was lucky to see a brand new here . The costs to own are also cheaper , insurance etc. one license . It is insured as one unit . Can remove and use your TV when not camping . Just put clothes and food in and go . I may go back to camper again . Many positives . Pat
LindaandPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:59 PM   #16

British Columbia
Hey Donna D still waiting for your car wash story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
:funny that that Magazine mentions them being the only molded manufacturer in North America and have plants within say 50 miles of each other??? Maybe they do not know that Bigfoot is back in Business.
Stude
Old 02-22-2017, 04:59 PM   #17

Name: Roger
Trailer: Northern Lite Trailer
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milt View Post
Hi Cathy,Northern Lite stopped making Trailers in 2008 because being a small company they had to stop their camper assembly line for the trailer manufacturing.Campers being their main product line.Two years ago they had a fire that destroyed the molds.We where fortunate to purchase their last trailer.It was used for demo's at shows, so it was equipped nicely, and at a good price.We really enjoy the trailer and I have modified it to suit our needs. Cheers Milt

Milt - I also have a 2008 Northern Lite trailer. Bought it in Eugene Oregon - I took it to Massachusetts. I'm now on a trip to Fort Myers Florida with it.
I'm have having trouble with the heating system. It does not ignite. Any thoughts?
-Roger
Roger Maroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:56 PM   #18

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
I don't have advice on your problem, except to say that all trailers use one of just 1-3 different brands of camper appliances. They're all the same. The make and model of the actual furnace will be more helpful. Brand of camper doesn't even matter when it comes to 90% of the systems in the trailer.

If you post in the Problem Solving area of the forum and just list the problem, the brand of furnace, and more specifically when it does and doesn't work, people will definitely have advice for you. It's going to be, I'm guessing, either an atwood/hydroflame or suburban. Something all fiberglass trailers with heater have.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:27 PM   #19

Name: Roger
Trailer: Northern Lite Trailer
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
I don't have advice on your problem, except to say that all trailers use one of just 1-3 different brands of camper appliances. They're all the same. The make and model of the actual furnace will be more helpful. Brand of camper doesn't even matter when it comes to 90% of the systems in the trailer.

If you post in the Problem Solving area of the forum and just list the problem, the brand of furnace, and more specifically when it does and doesn't work, people will definitely have advice for you. It's going to be, I'm guessing, either an atwood/hydroflame or suburban. Something all fiberglass trailers with heater have.

Thank you. It has an Atwood furnace and Thermostate. Yes, Problem Solving is the place for my question. [emoji106]
Roger Maroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:54 PM   #20

Name: milton
Trailer: Northern Lite
British Columbia
Registry
heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Maroni View Post
Milt - I also have a 2008 Northern Lite trailer. Bought it in Eugene Oregon - I took it to Massachusetts. I'm now on a trip to Fort Myers Florida with it.
I'm have having trouble with the heating system. It does not ignite. Any thoughts?
-Roger
Hi Roger,Just returned from the desert.My heater was difficult also.Check the burner tube for insects.Also clean the thermo couple.cheers milt
milt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
northern lite