Oliver trailers - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #21
SRD

Name: s
Trailer: none
us
My goodness, what does all this discussion about workplace safety have to do with the Oliver? It would be frustrating to anyone doing a search for Oliver info. in the future. Sorry, just an observation.
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD View Post
My goodness, what does all this discussion about workplace safety have to do with the Oliver? It would be frustrating to anyone doing a search for Oliver info. in the future. Sorry, just an observation.
Does the expression "herding cats" mean anything to you?
Old 09-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #23

Name: J Mac
Trailer: 17b Escape
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD View Post
I guess you're right. It's just a couple of observations on the Oliver Trailer Facebook page that went astray. Why should the consumer care about safety in the work place? Company commitment I guess.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #24

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
They cost twice as much as an www.escapetrailer.com .
I'm curious as to the source and reliability of this information. I assumed you were referring to the new Oliver 22 footer, so I went to the provided link, took the base price of the 21 footer, added as many options from their page as I could to partially equal the standard equipment on the Oliver and came up with $30100.00. If I'm reading your quote correctly then what you're stating is that the Oliver would cost $60200.00.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #25

British Columbia
Enjoy your trailer Steve.
Quality remains long after the price is forgotten.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #26

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB View Post
I cannot comprehend why a new trailer company, and a high end trailer company, would create a trailer with an interior height of only 6'1". Am I missing something? Must be a standard mould size? I don't get it.
Actually the interior height is 78 inches.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #27

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
The Escape and Oliver are different trailers however it's apparant that both companies build quality trailers.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #28

British Columbia
What does the 22' Oliver cost?
Old 09-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #29

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Is 78 inches include where the ac drops down a bit inside? I was thinking of the OP with shoes or boots on. Thanks.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #30

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
Why should the consumer care about safety in the work place? Company commitment I guess.
Yes, aside from my personal interest in workplace safety, the relevance to me would be as an indicator of the attitude the company takes toward doing work properly. The abysmal website (for which "we are just setting it up" is a ridiculous excuse that would be long stale if it were ever valid) is another example of an indicator which would make me less than entirely confident that the premium design would be reflected in high-quality execution.

They do have some impressive design features... and some bizarre ones.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #31

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
Actually the interior height is 78 inches.
Based on the Oliver website, the interior height is 6' - 1". If the interior height is truly 78", then the website information is incorrect.

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #32

Registry
You're correct Dave, the website is incorrect. That brochure is over 5 years old. I've been all over the old and new units. I just measured one about 3 weeks ago. Outside length is nearly 24 feet, outside height is about 9 feet 4 inches, Inside width and height is 6 feet 6 inches. If it makes everyone feel better, I've been to the factory a half dozen times and I've never seen anyone that was actually working that was not wearing the proper masks, etc. Robert staged those shots to have something for facebook. I agree their website is terrible. The guy that managed it was hired by Oliver but while they took their 5 year hiatus, he eventually took the site down and apparently would not give them their pics back. Maybe it will be all pretty again someday.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #33

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
I've been to the factory a half dozen times and I've never seen anyone that was actually working that was not wearing the proper masks, etc. Robert staged those shots to have something for facebook.
This sort of blunder happens even in very well-run companies. I wouldn't judge a company's operations just by this sort of photo... but without those actual site visits, and with few products in the hands of consumers, there's not much else to go on.

Quote:
I agree their website is terrible. The guy that managed it was hired by Oliver but while they took their 5 year hiatus, he eventually took the site down and apparently would not give them their pics back. Maybe it will be all pretty again someday.
In the meantime, how hard would it be to type in correct numbers... and replace "Sotrage" and "Contaied" (which make them look like idiots or at least careless) with "Storage" and "Contained"?

They may have been ripped off by a "website designer" who constructed the site so that it can't be maintained - no way to edit the content - but living with that for several years isn't an encouraging sign of competence in business.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #34
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy
Good morning everyone,
A lot of good questions and observations in this tread. I will try and give what explanations I can as well as follow it up with some pictures on our Facebook site as time permits. These items and more will be included in our new website we are working on once it is up and running. I will also resubmit to our IT department to correct the spelling on our current site. Please keep in mind that our plan is for a 2014 rollout of the trailer which the website, demo model and assembly line set up is on track. I leaked news out ahead of time to stir interest. Apparently it has worked so please allow me a little more time as we move forward to 2014.
Some back ground information about Oliver Family Industries
Oliver Fiberglass Products http://www.oliverfiberglassproducts.com/index.html has been in business since 1995. We make several products other than the trailer for different industries. We make tubs, showers and steps for the manufactured housing industry to complement our other products manufactured down the road at Oliver Technologies Inc. in our 85,000 square foot facilities. http://www.olivertechnologies.com/about-us.html these products are shipped throughout the US by our trucking company J & E Enterprises.
The OFP plant is approximately 360,000 square feet and is divided into several areas that my current pictures on Facebook have not represented very well so let me clarify a few things about our production.
The first pictures of the shells being constructed were done in our R&D/fiberglass production area that has a state of the art air filtration system that goes above the EPA minimum requirements. The air in this area is exchanged around 75 times an hour, and per EPA standards mask are not mandatory but we still offer them to any employee that wants additional protection. We are visited on a regular basis by the EPA and receive excellent visit reports as well as meeting all the requirements on emissions.
TOSA is the Tennessee equivalent to the national OSHA program which meets or exceeds the national program. This too we receive regular visits and are in good standing with them.
As for the other pictures showing the assembly of the trailer, that is done in an entirely different location in the plant on our 500 foot long by 40ft wide (20,000 sf) designated trailer line. As production ramps up we have another 40,000 square feet set aside for expansion.
I hope this helps in answering some of the questions/observations made.
If I can help with any other information please feel free to ask.

Robert Partee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #35
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy
I forgot to mention that we do have a full time "Safety Officer" on the payroll who handles basic as well as specialized training for all employees based upon their job description and duties in the plant. Our production is in legal compliance with US codes and regulations. As for Canadian standards I can not say.
Robert Partee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #36

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this thread.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #37

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
THANKS Robert for responding. Oliver builds wonderful trailers and we all wish you much success!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver