Where to find boler upper cabinet rod iron support - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
Where to find boler upper cabinet rod iron support

My 76 yellow boler is missing the upper cabinet rod iron support that ive seen in other bolers. We used the trailer 20+ times last year and luckily the cabinet never hit the floor. I'd like to get this support in there before i have a failure because our trailer and camping sees mostly rough dirt roads. Does anyone know where i could find a suitable replacement, or could anyone measure their's so that i could make one? Thanks
Michael Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Michael, that rod can be anything you want. It's turning into quite a decorating/theme for some. If you want the stock, twisted bar... you can get it from Scamp. But, we've seen tiki torches, table legs, polished drift wood and cut down chrome shower curtain rods.... among other things.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #3

Could someone get me a measurement of what it's supposed to be. I know my trailer has sagged a little over time. The evidence is shown by my door hanging low and not lining up right. Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hummm. if you have fiberglass cabinets you may be better off measuring your own trailer. You do not want to use an oversize rod and try to use it to push up the roof from cabinet to cabinet. You may crush the cabinetry. But, that shouldn't stop someone from providing you with a measurement.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:34 AM   #5

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Michael, The original is 23 1/2 inches long, it rivets into the flat bottom of the upper cabinet and then it rivets into the flat end of the lower cabinet, that will leave some room for adjustment on the lower mount.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #6

Thanks so much. I just looked at my trailer and i don't see any holes where one would have been mounted before. There is one hole approx. 4 inches above my dinette cushion, and that's it. No problem in drilling new holes though. Thanks for you help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
Michael, The original is 23 1/2 inches long, it rivets into the flat bottom of the upper cabinet and then it rivets into the flat end of the lower cabinet, that will leave some room for adjustment on the lower mount.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:44 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Collins View Post
Thanks so much. I just looked at my trailer and i don't see any holes where one would have been mounted before. There is one hole approx. 4 inches above my dinette cushion, and that's it. No problem in drilling new holes though. Thanks for you help.
I do ornamental iron all the time. If you want a reproduction made and don't mind the shipping let me know.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #8

Name: Tera
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
Greg is there a support originally on the left and the right? Are they both the same measurement? I almost lost my upper cabinet because I did not know there were originally supports and the rivets finally gave!
Tera Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:09 PM   #9

Name: Tera
British Columbia
Greg, what is the actual space between cupboard and countertop?
Tera Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #10

Name: Carl
Alberta
This is an old thread, but I am wondering what supports I am missing. Is there just the rod iron on the end of the counter or is there another support in the middle or other end? And does anyone have pictures. My Boler came without any supports for the upper cabinet. Nor do i see any holes where a support may have been mounted making me think it came without from the factory.
Yellow Boler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:44 AM   #11

Name: Marion
Alberta
I have been looking for this cabinet support As well. What are your costs to make and ship?
Marion in Alberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:42 AM   #12

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion in Alberta View Post
I have been looking for this cabinet support As well. What are your costs to make and ship?
Hi: Marion in Alberta... Here's a picture of what our former 1977 Boler "Wrought iron" support looked like. The round shot is the origonal upholstery/curtains and the square shot is the Scamp upholstery w/ my wife's curtains I installed in 2006.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0734.jpg   P1000021.jpg  

Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:34 PM   #13

Alberta
Hi Alf!
Those are exactly bars in the photo are exactly what I am looking for!
What are your costs to make a set, and for shipping to Alberta?
Can you email me at my email address as I haven't quite figured out this site yet!

Thanks so much!
Gisele Marion Plamondon
gcplamondon@hotmail.com
Old 04-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #14

Alberta
Hi Alf!

Sorry! I had your message mixed up with Doug's! Doug is the guy that is making the rod supports! I need see your recommendation to check with Scamp! Thanks for that!

Regards,

GM Plamondon
Old 04-23-2017, 07:50 PM   #15

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Hey Michael, about half way down the page in the link are some pics of the support in our boler and the mod to it to hold a paper towel roll.
Fred
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-55601-12.html
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:08 PM   #16

Name: Charlie & Renée
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Marion, here's a link to an Alberta supplier I've used to buy door hinges. He has what you're looking for:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-traile...ationFlag=true
van de Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:15 PM   #17

Name: Charlie & Renée
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
I know Ian G. talks about the need for this support when trying to solve door fit issues. Like others here I also see no evidence of such a support ever being installed in my Boler. I figure if the rivets are good and the cupboard's not overloaded the support's not needed. Any thoughts?
van de Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:46 PM   #18

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Where to find boler upper cabinet rod iron support

My thought is that early trailers of this design didn't have them because the need only become apparent over time. I don't think the galley support is as critical as the closet (I'm told that's the one component Scamp includes in empty shell orders), but less important does not mean unimportant. It's easy to add and can be customized to suit a variety of styles and even serve useful functions. Scamp apparently thinks it's important. Good enough for me.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:00 PM   #19

Name: Jasmine
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Arthurs View Post
I do ornamental iron all the time. If you want a reproduction made and don't mind the shipping let me know.

Hi Doug! If you could send me a quote I would really appreciate it! I am installing the bars for the first time in my '74 boler.

Shipping would be to Edmonton, AB (T6J 4E7)

Thanks!
jasmineirv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:52 AM   #20

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmineirv View Post
Hi Doug! If you could send me a quote I would really appreciate it! I am installing the bars for the first time in my '74 boler.

Shipping would be to Edmonton, AB (T6J 4E7)

Thanks!
I actually sold my Boler and bought a Bigfoot so I don't have dimensions. If someone could send me some dimensions I am sure I could make one up. Could anyone help with this?

just read back through the posts and found the bracket is 23-1/2" long. I think I could make it up for $40 plus shipping. Let me know if that works for you.
Doug Arthurs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler