2001 New to me Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #1

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
2001 New to me Casita

I uploaded my pics to my computer but can't seem to find them again when i browse to post them. Be patient, i will keep trying....
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Oops!

So tell us about it?

What do you think happened to the antenna?

Congratulations and welcome to the family.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #3

Trailer: Aliner
Congratulations, Shelly!!!!

And Ed, thanks for making it happen!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #4

Iowa
Pics maybe?

The air conditioner and the faucet are two mods that Ed did that i really love. I can't get a pic of the cushions that show the real colors. Maybe a purple that i would work with, not sure yet. Got a heater going out there shoud be good to go pretty soon, i will be able to get in there and clean.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0049.jpg   100_0051.jpg  

100_0053.jpg   100_0062.jpg  

Old 01-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #5

Iowa
Dave said that he thought maybe a bolt was loose and it probably flapped itself to death on the long trip home. It pulled really nice on the way home. We have never pulled our big 24 footer we had last at 70 MPH. I want to stay and chat but i really wanna get out there and get to work worse. Will post more later!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #6

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Nice rig,any inside shots.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #7

Iowa
Thank you Kevin, I have the inside absolutely torn apart. So i wouldn't do it justice. But Ed lets just say, you weren't eggsagerating on the pug hairs....LOL. Apparently pugs slept in the cupboards as well. It's crazy. Took down the fantastic fan screen and cushions are all freshly cleaned. I have a feeling things are going to hurt tomorrow. I don't recall ever having to vaccume a celing before. It has been so much fun though. Will report more later.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #8

I love the faucets! Can't wait to see how you fix it up!

Congratulations on being an honest-to-goodness egg owner now! Doesn't it feel wonderful!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #9

Iowa
Yes it does. I worked out there on and off all day. Ed had it in pretty good shape, i wish it would warm up though, i need to wash the outside really bad. First mod i think will be a shelf under the big sink cabinet, in the back by the wheel. Some of the stickers on the outside are peeling pretty bad. Will have to take those off. I prefer to be inside where the little electric heater is running.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #10

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Take it to a self serve car wash.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:10 AM   #11

Iowa
Didn't get to wash it yesterday but got a few cushions back in and have the 6 inch matress coming from walmart. Hubby ordered a box for the propane tanks that will allow a bit of storage. Need to order the caps for the outside but i don't know about what exactly we need for that. Poli glow is ordered along with odoban and some adhesive remover, it's a project, but a fun one! This camper has some good bones and once it get done with it, it should be pretty darn cute. Maybe not as cute as Sharons but someday...
Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #12

Iowa
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Take it to a self serve car wash.
yes, we will, thanks.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #13

Quote:
This camper has some good bones and once it get done with it, it should be pretty darn cute.
Everyone has such different ideas of what constitutes a cute camper. It's going to be so much fun seeing how you fix yours up.

One of the nice things about getting an older model is that you don't have to worry so much about preserving the original look. You are a lot freer to make any changes you want.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:31 AM   #14

Iowa
I have decided that we put the money into the camper and we will work on the stuff that really needs attention as opposed to decorating. I have tons of stuff to use and it will be good enough for now. I may by a small basket or two to tuck into the fabric carpet on the walls but other than that DH is working on the cover for the propane bottle, he is going to take one tank out since we will just use the gas for the water heater. Then the cover will afford a little more storage space. Gotta do the poli glow and get some caps and awning ends, fix the toilet. Also a tire cover, a pretty one of course. But will take pics as we go and post them. I just have the best time tinkering around in there...
Old 01-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #15

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Shelly, you're wise to use the trailer before you jump in with both feet decorating. Until you get comfortable with the space and layout and use, I'm sure you don't really know what will work best, and that goes for mods too. Although it's always fun to daydream
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #16

I agree with Donna, Shelly. That sounds like a SMART approach to fixing it up.

You will probably have it a long time, and there's plenty of time to figure out how to pretty it up!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #17

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
You sound like us. We have our little UHaul parked in a, where else?, UHaul storage area, and yesterday we made six trips over to see and work on Paddy. Why is it so much more fun to scrub bug juice off her walls than stay home and chase dust bunnies? Happy cleaning. Jane
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #18

Iowa
It is too wierd...

For some reason, dust bunnies in the camper are so much more fun to clean than the house. I don't know why. Maybe because it is little and new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane SC View Post
You sound like us. We have our little UHaul parked in a, where else?, UHaul storage area, and yesterday we made six trips over to see and work on Paddy. Why is it so much more fun to scrub bug juice off her walls than stay home and chase dust bunnies? Happy cleaning. Jane

Tags
casita