Oliver Shower Curtain - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #1

Name: Kathy
Trailer: Oliver Elite II (had Casita SD, Bigfoot 21FB, & Lil Snoozy)
Kentucky
Oliver Shower Curtain

Being the picky person that I am, I wanted a shower curtain for our Oliver so we wouldn't have to clean the sink, toilet & walls after taking a shower (guess I am lazy in addition to being picky) so I got some flexible plastic tracks to hang a shower curtain. I attached four pieces to the ceiling with velcro and hung 2 shower curtains (one in front of the sink & toilet that stores to the left of the sink and one in front of the door & side wall that stores in the corner by the door). I got the waterproof fabric shower curtains because I thought they would be thinner and hang better than plastic...not sure if that is valid reasoning. It actually works pretty good. The only issue is bringing the shower hose thru the corner where the 2 curtains meet so it can hang on the hook; however, it works okay. Overall, I would give it an A- or a B+. Does anyone have any better ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Oliver Shower Curtain.jpg   Oliver Shower Curtain 2.jpg  

Kentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #2

Kentucky
You might notice my fancy shower curtain hooks. All of the regular hooks were too big so I used plastic coated paper clips (the bigger size) and they work fine.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #3

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Kathy, That looks great. Where did you get the flexible track?
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #4

Kentucky
Hi Sherry, I got the curtain tracks & the slider hooks on the Internet. I think it was curtain-tracks.com. If you are interested, I will try to find my invoice with the part numbers. Kathy
Old 11-19-2014, 06:29 AM   #5

Registry
Kathy, I think I found it. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:41 AM   #6

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Web page
Curtain Tracks & Drapery Track Systems | Curtain-Tracks.com
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #7

Kentucky
Sherry,
Here's what I got:
RECMAR 3110 Plastic Curtain Track (White)
RECMAR 3050 ABS Plastic Eye Slide (50/Bag) - Need to get one bag of these.
RECMAR 3032 Curtain Track End Stop w/Loop (4/Bag) - Got one bag to have a fixed end at each side of the shower curtain, but I haven't decided yet if these are necessary. The square design of the tracks keeps it from sliding off on the end and it won't slide back to the corner if you have it thru that stationary loop. We haven't had any problems with the curtains needing to be "fixed" at the corners, plus you have to unhook the corners to slide it back (hope that makes sense).
I also got the RECMAR 7142 Stainless Steel Curtain Hooks; however, we didn't use them because the shower curtain came off of those too easy while moving around in that small space. That's when I got the large paper clips.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:56 AM   #8

Kentucky
Forgot to mention that the plastic track only bends around the curve of the ceiling...it does not bend sideways; therefore, I had to cut 4 pieces and make a square. It works because I use 2 curtains and just continue around the 2 corners where the curtains hang when not in use.

The sales rep at Curtain Tracks was very nice and before I placed my order, she sent me a sample of a metal track that she thought might work, but I had difficulty shaping it so that the slides would move along the track.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #9

Registry
Thanks, Kathy! That's great info, and really complete.
Your installation looks beautiful, and functional.
Sherry
Old 11-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I like it Kathy even though I dont need it in my Scamp! Very creative. Where I see the PERFECT use for it is in some of the smaller laminate trailers like the R-Pod or T@B even. They use a "wallboard" (looks like wall paper) that I think will just get cruddy fast with all the soap etc. (and even some of the larger "box" trailers do this! ) But your idea I think would solve that as a "wrap-around" curtain to keep it off the walls!

Thanks for posting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky View Post
Forgot to mention that the plastic track only bends around the curve of the ceiling...it does not bend sideways; therefore, I had to cut 4 pieces and make a square. It works because I use 2 curtains and just continue around the 2 corners where the curtains hang when not in use.

The sales rep at Curtain Tracks was very nice and before I placed my order, she sent me a sample of a metal track that she thought might work, but I had difficulty shaping it so that the slides would move along the track.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy
Kentucky's innovation on the bathroom will soon become a factory installed option. Our bathroom is what it is. This is the closest we can get to having a separate head/shower/dry bath etc...
Another customer inspired remedy that others want...and we can supply.
Thanks Kentucky!
Robert Partee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #12

Kentucky
Hi Robert, This is exactly why we love Oliver. You all go the extra mile in meeting the customers' needs and in achieving continuous improvement of an already great product. Thank you!
Old 11-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #13

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I don't understand what you mean by " The only issue is bringing the shower hose thru the corner where the 2 curtains meet so it can hang on the hook" By that do you mean the curtains do not stay closed around the shower hose? If so, you might want to sew magnets into the curtain or use plastic clothespins.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #14

Kentucky
Hi Gilda, The bathroom sink faucet pulls out to hang on a wall hook when using the shower. We pull the faucet thru where the two shower curtains meet & then hang it on the hook. It's not really a problem but the shower curtains do separate a little if we move the hose a lot. I have some velcro to put around that area...just haven't done it yet. Thanks for the suggestions.

Tags
oliver