Financing Parkliner out of state - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-01-2016, 12:56 PM   #1

Name: Pete
Trailer: Want Parkliner
California
Financing Parkliner out of state

Hello

Do any of you have any good leads on Travel Trailer Financing? I'm from CA and want to purchase a new Parkliner out of state NC and most of my local credit unions/Banks will not finance out of state sales of a travel trailer. Preferably one that will put deposit and understand the special order process that may take a few months to build.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
PeteM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:26 PM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
A personal line of credit or home equity loan would be easiest. Most banks are not familiar with purchases like this( trailers, boats etc. ) and can be difficult to work with. The staff at Parkliner may have a plan for financing. One of the disadvantages of purchasing a unit from a small manufacturer. Try buying a used fiberglass trailer of any brand and you'll find the same situation.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:30 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I used my line of credit to buy both the trailer and the tug.
Car salesman suggested that I call the bank to tell them a large cheque was being written. Person at the bank asked why I was calling them. They didn't care what I spend the money on, just that I pay them back.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:34 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I say to keep looking for a better credit union. Mine (in NY) financed a trailer purchased in Chilliwack, BC. While mine was new, they had no problem (at a slightly higher interest rate) with a used one.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:14 PM   #5

California
Thanks for info. Since I'm a veteran I found the USAA bank and they could finance out of state.....Now jus gotta figure out how to get the trailer from east coast to west coast???

Old 02-01-2016, 10:46 PM   #6

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Road trip! (I.E., vacation!)
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:00 AM   #7

California
@Mike. I like ur thoughts!!! Just trying to figure if I should fly one way and rent a truck to tow the trailer back the other way or drive up and back in my personal Tacoma.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #8

Name: BillC
Trailer: Parkliner; 2013 Honda Ridgeline
North Carolina
Obtaining a Bank Loan to purchase a Parkliner

I've been told most lending institutions will not make a secured loan on an RV that is not RVIA certified. As I understand it, Parkliner, among others, is not.
Bill
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:28 AM   #9

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
@Mike. I like ur thoughts!!! Just trying to figure if I should fly one way and rent a truck to tow the trailer back the other way or drive up and back in my personal Tacoma.

If you rent a truck, will it have a brake controller.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #10

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
I considered flying to Washington State and renting a truck to bring our Escape back. But they add about $1200 to your rental if you are picking it up in Washington and dropping it off in Tennessee. So by the time I pay for airfare, hotel, rental, gas, etc, I'm really not saving anything. Plus you add in the cost of a weeks vacation.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:26 PM   #11

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
I've been told most lending institutions will not make a secured loan on an RV that is not RVIA certified. As I understand it, Parkliner, among others, is not.

Bill

BillC did u get my PM about ur trailer? Is is for sale? Thank you.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:27 PM   #12

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
I considered flying to Washington State and renting a truck to bring our Escape back. But they add about $1200 to your rental if you are picking it up in Washington and dropping it off in Tennessee. So by the time I pay for airfare, hotel, rental, gas, etc, I'm really not saving anything. Plus you add in the cost of a weeks vacation.

GregandTeresa. Yes that's what I am finding out. So what did u decide?

Old 02-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #13

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Pete, we are still reviewing all of our options. Escape will deliver it to Goshen Indiana (8 hours from here) for a flat $4000 CDN (about $2800 US with current conversion). They will deliver it to my home for $2 CDN per mile (around $3800 US currently). So when my build date gets closer, I will check out Uship and some other transport companies and see if they can do it cheaper. Right now I am thinking delivery to Goshen, but we shall see
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:11 PM   #14

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Pete, Have you checked into commercial auto transport companies? We once purchased a car from a family member in Phoenix, Arizona, and had a commercial auto transport company ship it to Alabama for right at $700.00. It was one of three vehicles and a boat on their stretch-bed trailer, all being moved from locations in the Southwest to locations in the Southeast (so I'm guessing they could have been making around $2,800 total for the trip). The only catch was, we had to meet them at an interstate exit to take possession of the car because this particular company wouldn't venture off of the interstate road system. Luckily, we live only about 10 miles off I-85 in Alabama, so it was practically delivered to our front door - relatively speaking. We were very pleased. Also, I've heard of people contracting with long-haul interstate trucking companies to haul all kinds of things as relatively cheap "back-hauls" so long as it will fit in or on their trailer and you can find a loading dock to load it onto or into their trailer and then another loading dock on your end to unload it. We have a couple of nearby farm equipment dealerships with outside earthen loading docks for their delivery trucks that they let people in the local community use for things like this. Both options are worth checking into if you haven't already. Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:39 PM   #15

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Just as an FYI to add to your research, if you wish details send me a PM...but here is how our PL was delivered from NC to Oregon Coast.

I did some digging and found a professional driver (had been a long haul driver as profession) pick up our new PL and tow it behind his rig to our place on the Oregon Coast. He had delivered a custom river guide boat to the east coast a few days before our rig was ready. After he dropped our PL off with us he then headed down to Medford Oregon, picked up another custom guide boat and delivered it to a new owner in southern California... I don't remember the details, but we felt it was a good deal and I've kept track of him on Facebook, he is a stand up guy.

: ) Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:57 AM   #16

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
Just as an FYI to add to your research, if you wish details send me a PM...but here is how our PL was delivered from NC to Oregon Coast.

I did some digging and found a professional driver (had been a long haul driver as profession) pick up our new PL and tow it behind his rig to our place on the Oregon Coast. He had delivered a custom river guide boat to the east coast a few days before our rig was ready. After he dropped our PL off with us he then headed down to Medford Oregon, picked up another custom guide boat and delivered it to a new owner in southern California... I don't remember the details, but we felt it was a good deal and I've kept track of him on Facebook, he is a stand up guy.

Thank u!! Yes we got the same guy number from Mr Bass. Talked to him and he brings a load to Barstow, Ca twice a month and would be willing to work with us when we ready to ship a PL. thank you.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:07 AM   #17

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
Thank u!! Yes we got the same guy number from Mr Bass...
Nice. Roger (the driver) really took a liking to the Parkliner and crew when he picked up our (now sold) PL#35. On pickup day they were doing some last minute finishing touches so he had a couple hours to burn and spent time chatting to those working. He also kept track of Cari's and my PL adventures over the three seasons we had her via our FB page.

Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner