Parkliner holes in shell - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2016, 06:54 PM   #1

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Parkliner holes in shell

Can anyone tell me if Parkliner pierces the outer shell of the skin like Casita and Scamp with lots of holes from the pop rivets?
Old 05-23-2016, 07:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
No. Check out the Parkliner website here: ParkLiner Fiberglass Ultralight Travel Trailers - – Take me somewhere fun! ™
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:06 PM   #3

Kentucky
Registry
Donna: Thank you for your reply. I've been all over everyone's web site and Parkliner reflects the absolute abysmal representation of pictures or images of their products that Scamp, Casita, EggCamper and others display. It may be to their credit that they spend their time and energy on manufacturing and not web design, but it can be very frustrating when you attempt to learn details from the web sites of almost all of them. Thank you for your quick reply. I appreciate it a lot.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:22 PM   #4

You're more than welcome. I thought the big picture on the first Parkliner page would help to answer your question too.

I think all the all-molded-towable manufacturer web pages sux. That's why it's important to join a forum like this!
Old 05-23-2016, 07:27 PM   #5

Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You're more than welcome. I thought the big picture on the first Parkliner page would help to answer your question too.

I think all the all-molded-towable manufacturer web pages sux. That's why it's important to join a forum like this!
You're right about joining here!
Old 05-23-2016, 08:59 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
I've been all over everyone's web site and Parkliner reflects the absolute abysmal representation of pictures or images of their products that Scamp, Casita, EggCamper and others display. It may be to their credit that they spend their time and energy on manufacturing and not web design, .
Keep in mind they were totally out of biz for some time and company up for sale. So not only did they not have funds to update or improve their website they did not have the funds to build trailers either. :-)

Its only been a very short time since they were purchased and back up and running. Hopefully the new owners will update their website once they get a bit more settled in and have things back up and running as they want.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:34 AM   #7

Name: Tom
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
New website

The Parkliner website is about to undergo a complete revamping. A professional photo shoot is scheduled for tomorrow so the new look should be unveiled soon. For those who have questions about the Parkliner, the 800 number on the website is answered day or night. How do I know? I'm the one who answers. Call any time.
Thomasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:10 AM   #8

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasl View Post
The Parkliner website is about to undergo a complete revamping. A professional photo shoot is scheduled for tomorrow so the new look should be unveiled soon. For those who have questions about the Parkliner, the 800 number on the website is answered day or night. How do I know? I'm the one who answers. Call any time.
Cool.
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:32 AM   #9

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Most of the rivet holes on the outside of a Casita are for attaching the cabinets. One of the great innovations on the Parkliner is that the cabinets are fiberglassed to the inside of the shell. No rivets and incredible strength of attachment. The original owner/designer Chandler demonstrated by hanging his 200lb plus body off the cabinets and bouncing up and down. That would clearly break the cabinets on a Casita or Scamp methinks.

Walt
Old 05-24-2016, 01:33 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
One of the great innovations on the Parkliner is that the cabinets are fiberglassed to the inside of the shell. No rivets and incredible strength of attachment.

Walt
The fibreglassing in of the cabinets is indeed a good innovation that has been used by a number of fibreglass trailer manufactures long before Parkliner adopted it. Trillium - Outback, Escape, Bigfoot and Oliver all building their trailers that way & have done so for years.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:41 PM   #11

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Most of the rivet holes on the outside of a Casita are for attaching the cabinets. One of the great innovations on the Parkliner is that the cabinets are fiberglassed to the inside of the shell. No rivets and incredible strength of attachment. The original owner/designer Chandler demonstrated by hanging his 200lb plus body off the cabinets and bouncing up and down. That would clearly break the cabinets on a Casita or Scamp methinks.

Walt
Yes this is true! When Chandler delivered my ParkLiner, he demonstrated this by hanging from the cabinet. Very cool design! Love mine still!
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:06 PM   #12

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasl View Post
Well well well.. I am not aware of any of the FB trailer manufactures who have a presence in this forum, or much of an online presence at all for that matter.

If you are an official company representative and you are active in the forum, then I think that will go a long way towards making the new Parkliner successful. And even you you don't officially speak for Parkliner, I expect your input will be very beneficial. Welcome aboard!

I'd love to come to the factory some time.. I'm nearby but not in the market at the moment since I bought a Scamp 8 months ago. But I can see a Parkliner in my future, as long as it is a stable company then.

PS. I thought about calling at 3 am to test you.. but we both probably need our sleep..
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:14 PM   #13

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
PS. I thought about calling at 3 am to test you.. but we both probably need our sleep..

Hope that doesn't really happen though...
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:48 PM   #14

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post

Hope that doesn't really happen though...
Five bucks says it does!

We can settle up at the fall NOG!
Old 05-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #15

Name: Leslie
North Carolina
Thomas is Real

Thomas at Parkliner is the real deal. Yes, he does answer the phone. (He also does much more but you can ask him about that when you call.) I gave him my deposit check when we met at the factory. By the way, the new factory is in Burlington NC, not the old location listed on this site.
Leslie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #16

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I called yesterday and talked to Tom. He is knowledgeable about Parkliners down to the smallest detail, amazing really. Every issue or question I brought up he had complete information about at his fingertips and was happy to give me as much time as I wanted. I had one question about a composting toilet that one purchaser sent to be installed. Tom called me back with the details a half hour later.
As Leslie said, Tom is the real deal.

Walt
Old 05-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #17

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
How many years have we heard here that so and so is the real deal at parkliner
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
How many years have we heard here that so and so is the real deal at parkliner
I believe in giving second or third or fourth chances. Parkliner is a nice product. I want them to succeed...
Old 05-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #19

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I believe in giving second or third or fourth chances. Parkliner is a nice product. I want them to succeed...
Thank you Donna.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:39 PM   #20

Name: Pat
Michigan
Welcome Tom, I sure am glad to see you join in the conversation. Donna, you so correct, this trailer is a work of art and needs as many chances as it takes. People are always so impressed with the design, spaciousness and cool looking exterior. I love mine and want this company to succeed and prosper.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner