Showing you around my new Oliver Legacy Elite II - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2015, 09:29 PM   #1

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Showing you around my new Oliver Legacy Elite II

I posted a lengthy showing of my new Oliver Legacy Elite II on my blog. There are over 80 photos, which I thought a bit much to post on the forum.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Wincrasher's Travels: My New 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:56 PM   #2

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
Thumbs up wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Merritt View Post
I posted a lengthy showing of my new Oliver Legacy Elite II on my blog. There are over 80 photos, which I thought a bit much to post on the forum.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Wincrasher's Travels: My New 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II

nice have fun
MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:09 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
I am definitely drooling.
Beautiful and you can really see the high quality.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:41 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I agree with everything that kootenaigirl said. The storage looks exceptional for a smaller unit. It looks to be well worth the asking price if one has the budget for it. True luxury!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:53 AM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Ron,
great write up, Oliver is definitely a first class outfit and I like your choices and options. Will you be attending the rally in April in Tennessee, I'd like to tour your unit?
Old 02-25-2015, 07:59 AM   #6

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Ron,
great write up, Oliver is definitely a first class outfit and I like your choices and options. Will you be attending the rally in April in Tennessee, I'd like to tour your unit?
Send me a link to the rally info Jim, and I'll look into it. R
Old 02-25-2015, 08:39 AM   #7

Pennsylvania
Registry
here you go, if the cg is full there is another one across the creek...http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-tn-67255.html
Old 02-25-2015, 08:40 AM   #8

Wow.... Ron that's the BEST tour of an Ollie I've ever seen. Robert and the gang in Hohenwald should get you to make some pictures for them to post online on THEIR site! Not only was the Ollie impressive but your professional protrayal of it as well.

I would take the Oliver over an equal size etc Airstream ANY day!! The Airstream is simply a "prestigious" camper to have...I dont buy into that.

I liked some of the screw-on fittings for some of the plumbing. I have these on my commodes in the house (did it as a trial) and for 15+ years have not given a MINUTE'S trouble!

That Oliver has a wonderful design utilizing EVERY inch of space. Overall, you just cant beat the aluminum/fiberglass combination that will outlast US! The stainless features, shining c. tops.... another Wow... you're a proud owner and have every right to be!

CONGRATS!

Darral
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:45 AM   #9

South Carolina
Thanks, Darrel!

Wait until you see my video. There were several things I forgot to shoot in pictures.

One of my worries when I was researching, was that there just weren't many pictures or videos of the Ollie online. So I'm taking it upon myself to remedy it. Hopefully other happy customers are inspired to do the same.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:52 AM   #10

Pennsylvania
Registry
Other than the different insulation, what else does the arctic package include, is the door insulted and the door window double pane? the e-z winterizing set up, is it accessible from the outside hatch? I had this one my Lance and allowed me to insert the tube on a gal of antifreeze and use the toilet while the rest of the trailer was winterized. Also does the Oliver sign up to function as a high third brake light?
Old 02-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #11

I hope Robert or the Oliver guys are listening/watching because they would do well to acquire your documentation! I saw more in your pictures than I have on ANY Oliver I've toured on Oliver's tour trailers at the Piney Meet near Dover, Tn!! Looking forward to the video! I really hate I didnt get to see this one up close but I know you were wanting to "get the heck outta Dodge"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Merritt View Post
Thanks, Darrel!

Wait until you see my video. There were several things I forgot to shoot in pictures.

One of my worries when I was researching, was that there just weren't many pictures or videos of the Ollie online. So I'm taking it upon myself to remedy it. Hopefully other happy customers are inspired to do the same.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:02 AM   #12

South Carolina
As far as I can tell, the door is insulated and the window is dual pane, as is the small window in the bathroom. The door is something they purchase from an outside supplier.

There is a hose connection on the outside curbside rear corner for winterization. You connect a short hose from there to your antifreeze jug, turn some bypass valves inside, and run the pump to suck the antifreeze into the system. Interestingly, this same system can be used to fill the water tank from a fresh water tote as well. The Oliver doesn't have a gravity fill port.

On the streetside rear of the trailer, there are two hose connections - one for the city water and one for the fresh water fill. These need to be pressurized - simply connect your hose from the spigot to one of these two ports.

Every Oliver comes standard with the dual panes, good insulation, winterization system, piping and tanks inside the hull with ducted heat. There is no extra arctic package officially from them yet. On my trailer, since my expected conditions are so extreme, we are prototyping a few extra features to see if they make any sense to offer as additional options. I have my doubts whether any of them are really necessary, or worth the money, but I've agreed to keep them under wraps for the time being.

Oh, and the Oliver is just a light up sign. It's constant with the running lights, and not a brake light.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:44 AM   #13

Pennsylvania
Registry
Do you know if Oliver installs drain holes in the outer shell for any water intrusion be from condensation of leaks. Escape raises the floor and has a moat around the perimeter with drain holes to allow any leakage to drain. I'd also suggest making that Oliver sign into a functioning third brake light, both the Oliver and Escape 19 have low stock brake lights which in traffic are hard to see by big trucks, particularly in truck/camper rest areas. The 21' model has a high set in addition to the lower set for better night visibility.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:04 AM   #14

Name: Chris
Trailer: Ordering Oliver
Florida
Wow! I have a pick up date 5/15...I ordered the 18.5 with most of the options you have Ron. So happy for you. See you on the road sometime!
Takepaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:04 AM   #15

South Carolina
I have not noticed any drain plugs. There is the thru-hull for the water system drains though.

Think if you spring a major leak you will need to tilt the trailer at the tongue jack and mop up what may collect in the rear compartment. Hopefully that is an extremely rare occasion and I'll not need to install a bilge pump.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #16

Pennsylvania
Registry
Right, someone already has a bilge heater, worse case scenario just drill a couple small 1/4 drain holes back there and tilt, there are maybe 6 in the Escape around the perimeter.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:54 AM   #17

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Wow! Beautiful trailer with a well thought out design and quality construction. Your photos are great too! Congratulations on your new purchase! Now get out there and have some fun!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #18

Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D
Minnesota
That's one fine looking trailer! Congratulations. Thanks for showing us around with all the pics. Hope you have many years of exciting trips.
Rich G. and Val F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:33 PM   #19

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Do you know if Oliver installs drain holes in the outer shell for any water intrusion be from condensation of leaks. Escape raises the floor and has a moat around the perimeter with drain holes to allow any leakage to drain. I'd also suggest making that Oliver sign into a functioning third brake light, both the Oliver and Escape 19 have low stock brake lights which in traffic are hard to see by big trucks, particularly in truck/camper rest areas. The 21' model has a high set in addition to the lower set for better night visibility.
The current line of Legacy Elite II Oliver Travel Trailers have continued the use of "Weep Holes" in the outer body as they did in the 2008 models of the Legacy Elite. There are 8 in my trailer, each covered with a stainless steel midget vent by Sea-Dog:

Sea-Dog : Quality Marine, Industrial and Rigging Hardware

The use of the high Oliver light as a brake light was dropped in the new models due to some restrictions for that use in the RVIA certifications. I agree that it would be a good thing to have.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:49 PM   #20

Pennsylvania
Registry
Thanks Steve, you coming to Tennessee in April?

Tags
oliver