Thanks to this forum, I own a Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Boler
California
Thanks to this forum, I own a Boler

Around the beginning of the year, I discovered fiberglass trailers and started looking for one for my family. I finally found one through the classifieds on this forum, and made the very long drive from Los Angeles to Edmonton to pick it up. Averaging about 900 miles a day, I was able to listen to TV documentaries through my car's infotainment system and I made it through the Ken Burns-produced National Parks documentary, which confirmed even more for me the utility of getting a camper for my family.

The 1979 Boler I got was in pretty good shape already, but I've got plans to re-do the windows and some of the interior which I hope I'll get some inout on from more-experienced members on this forum.

Here's the camper right after I got it. I'd attached a hitch and the required wiring to my sedan just a couple days before.

The interior (photo by the previous owner):

My kids like it a lot. They got hats as souvenirs from my long drive.

And here's some steel I picked up when I got back to Los Angeles. The trick to the whole deal was that I don't have room on my tiny eighth of an acre to store the Boler -- at least, not without needing to move it every time I want access to the garage or simply want to roll the trash cans down to the street. So I came up with an idea and spent about $750 to make this video happen. You'll see that my six-year-oldis much better at screen acting than her father.

Click on the image to see the video.)

https://youtu.be/kr5ErGiyylM
Jack Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:55 PM   #2

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
Wow, nice interior. Congrats.
Dan-NS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:37 PM   #3

Name: Jack
California
And here's some steel I picked up when I got back to Los Angeles. The trick to the whole deal was that I don't have room on my tiny eighth of an acre to store the Boler -- at least, not without needing to move it every time I want access to the garage or simply want to roll the trash cans down to the street. So I came up with an idea and spent about $750 to make this video happen. You'll see that my six-year-oldis much better at screen acting than her father.

Click on the image to see the video.)

https://youtu.be/kr5ErGiyylM
Jack Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:47 AM   #4

Name: Eric
Alberta
Thanks for sharing. I like it very much!
HawkBoler72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #5

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Whew, that's quite a drive but congrats. It does look in very nice shape. Did the two cute kids come with or were they extra?

Walt

Tags
boler