1977 Amerigo Restoration - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2006, 05:03 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
After a great year of camping in our 13 foot Boler and making, what I think is vast improvements, see link:

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/can...&interval=3

We have now put the "Ladybug" in hibernation for the winter.
I saw this dinosoure down the road and knowing the people who owned it, it was destine for a complete break-down due to no vent covers on roof and it not being winterized at all.
I have already posted a question about fixing a crack in the front plexi-glass now being covered with the bear tape and I am sure I will have lots more questions before I am done. Here is a link to the still pictures only after I had cleaned up some of the mess inside.
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/can...%20Restoration/

It is a classic with many inovations for its time.
Fiberglass front and back and roof and a back that called a Snap a Nap, that folds up nto a full bed.
Wish me luck
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 09:53 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
wow i would love to have one of those !!!
Dan Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:50 AM   #3

Quote:
wow i would love to have one of those !!!
Dan, This camper is for sale!
My plan is to fix it all up and sell it but the more $$$ I need to put into it the more $$$ I will have to get when I sell it.
Right now I know the heater works and the fridge works, on 120, the water pump works but needs a strainer. and the 4 burners on the stove work.
Oven? Water heater?
I purchased the camper before knowing any of this and a small amount of my cash and a bit of elbow grease in it (Scrubing all the mold off outside)(rewire all wires to fridge area where mice chewed.
AS IS / WHERE IS would be the deal for the amount of $800
(anyone can) Contact me at
noreaster@fairpoint.net
I will porvide more info in E-mails
Gerry
Old 11-01-2006, 12:29 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
LET ME SEE WHAT I can do in the mean time can you fint the weight sticker and post the weight for me and i will post a link on the other forum to this...
Dan Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #5

Quote:
LET ME SEE WHAT I can do in the mean time can you fint the weight sticker and post the weight for me and i will post a link on the other forum to this...

Thanks Dan,
This thing is huge. the weight is 2765 and if I had to guess it has to be 16 foot long.
Today I finished washing and waxing the roof and tried to install the new vent cover but it was the wrong one so the plastic goes back on
If I can not find just a cover I will have to purchase a new vent.
I also blew out the water lines and found 2 leaks one in a cold line and the other in a drain for the bathroom sink.
I also started the demo of some stained wood ceiling panels where water was getting in the missing vent cover but now that I got the leak fixed it is time to fix the plywood.
Previouse owner had a radio and speakers in upper cupboard and I removed them and will have to recover that face.
Also plywood down the wall where water was leaking will get replaced.
Plan to add Pictures to another Post on Thursday night or Friday Morning.
Hope you will enjoy them.
Gerry

Tags
amerigo