Need Dry Weight of the 1972 Amerigo FG-16 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
Thumbs up

Amerigo FG-16 1972 (or similar year/make ) My tow limit is 1500lbs, so I need to know if this one will be too much for my Saturn Vue 4cyl standard trans.

Anyone out there know the dry weight??
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
April, I sent you a pm, but will also say here. I think you may be pushing your tow weight cap. I hate to be the one to say it. But once you start packing a trailer the weight goes up fast. With a 1500 tow cap you are really pushing it. I know how much you want a trailer but you want to be able to enjoy your travels, not putting yourself in danger. Best of luck in your search. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:11 PM   #3

I agree, and we decided to pass on that one, and continue to search for a smaller camper.

Thanks for the words of advice!!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Unhappy

Awww,

I was hoping that one would work...but it looks like the 13ft'r on another thread just might!! You're almost there April... That one in Tulsa might be the better fit for your Vue.

I just want you to get one...I guess I didn't think of all the other factors involved (like if you could even tow it!).

We'll find you one....we'll keep looking.
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #5

Carolyn, your too funny. I know what a struggle it was to find one for ourselfs and I am just like you, I want everyone to be able to experience it. I know exactly how April feels, I was soooooo there a few short months ago. It just seemed like there were none in Colorado. That is of course till the day I got back from picking ours up in Las Vegas then there were two for sale in the Metro area of Denver. Honestly it's how my life goes. But we are very happy with the last one we bought! And have put almost 4 thousand miles on since mid July. Enjoy the Journey of the search, April. Cause as heartbreaking as it is when you can't find just the right one, it just means that the right one isn't ready just yet. Hang in there. Robin
Old 09-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #6

Talking

It makes me feel good to know so many other people are out there looking and helping guide us along so we don't make major mistakes. I have been almost religiously checking all my sources, several times a day. I know it will happen when it is the right one. I just want to get started because I am bursting with ideas on what I want to do inside, once I get it. That day will be sweet indeed, and I am looking forward to it, but you know they say it's not the destination, it's the journey, so this has also been a very interesting experience.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
Wink

"Anything worth having is worth working for".......

If one was just handed to you, it wouldn't mean as much as the search, a missed chance, more search, and the find.

I say this as I've spend the last few hours out scrubbing my trailer, sitting in it and just looking around, thinking about how much I LOVE my trailer ala-obcession with it, and looking forward to the weekend when I can share it with others at the Ohio Fall Gathering.

It's not worth having if you don't share your love of it with others..

My nephew just started manufacturing "stick" trailers - they're very nice and he does a wonderful job - ofcourse it's larger than ours, and those times when it's raining out I wish I had one...but then I'd miss out on having something 'special' - anyone can have a 'stickie' - they're everywhere at every RV dealership - wander up and they'll sell you one. As I was washing my trailer this afternoon, I wondered if I'd ever sell it and get something bigger - then it dawned on me that I wouldn't be a part of such a special group of people....NO WAY - She's mine til' someone removes it from my cold grasp.

I don't know if there's a "Jayco" owners group, or a "Sunline" owners group - and if there isn't, that's too bad for them. We have something special here with our little 'eggs' and more and more people are finding out that what we have is a great thing. Lightweight, easy to maintain, and a following. We have a good thing going here!! Old or New FG trailer, we love them with all our heart!! Or why else would we devote so much time talking, learning, listing to one another about our recreational vehicle?

April, you'll find the one you're supposed to have....and you'll love it more than you know!
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #8

Very well said Carolyn, and yes your addicted ! LOL, aren't we all? Enjoy! Robin

Tags
amerigo, weighing, weight