1979 16' Amerigo FG-16 - $8,000 - Craigslist - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #1

Trailer: Tent
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/rvs/1691994200.html

Pictures in craigslist post...<div align='center'></div>

It's not too easy to find one of these compact fiberglass campers, let alone one is the kind of shape that this 1979 Amerigo 16' FG-16 is in!!! This sleek little beauty is extremely lightweight to tow, and it doesn't take a bog 8 cylinder truck to tow this camper, it can actually be towed by most cars on the market. This Amerigo is billed as the best of the best, because unlike most small fiberglass campers, this deluxe Amerigo is insulated with eurethane and fiberglass insulation, and it was designed for 4 season camper. So no matter how cold the weather is, or what season you decide to go camping, this Amerigo will keep you toasty warm. This beautiful unit includes: a combination oven and 11,000 btu heater, complete with 3 burner stove top. sink, enclosed shower room, with porta potty, portable honey wagon, brand new matching cushions for both the combination dinette/bed, as well and the combination couch/bed, which is located on the opposite end of the camper. This classy little compact also has push out tinted privavy windows all around, complete with screens, (Which are all in excellent condition), a Dometic refrigerator, a spare tire and wheel which is mounted to the rear bumper, and lots of closet space for all of your gear, throughout the whole unit. This timeless classic is in fantastic condition, it has always been garaged when it wasn't in use. This camper will never rot out, unlike aluminum campers, and it will last for years and years if you take care of it in the manner in which it has been cared for. Sorry, I am not interested in any trades. Believe me when I say, it's worth the drive from anywhere in New England. You better hurry up and buy this one before it's gone, just like all of the others!!!

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1691994200-0
Old 04-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I've seen what looks to be the same pictures of the interior posted elsewhere not too long ago. The cushions especially are very difficult to forget.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:06 AM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry

Name:   3k03o33l25O55V65W6a4e8979d5cceb821e6b.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  6.6 KB
[attachment=32412:3k93p53l...e7a81900.
jpg]

Name:   3p43od3l75Q45Z25R5a4e5ab92747c0dd13bb.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  4.8 KB
[attachment=32414:3pd3o03l...3b3f11
35.jpg]
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2010, 07:29 AM   #4

I was right. It was on Gregs site listed for $8000:
http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/for-sal...8000-madison-nh
The original craigslist post was listed in Madison NH and has been deleted by the author.

Original text for comparison purposes:

1979 16' Amerigo Fiberglass Camper - $8,000 - Madison, NH
Other Fiberglass Trailers
If you have been waiting for just the right classic lightweight fiberglass compact camper to come along, I doubt very much if you will ever come across one a nice as this. This gorgeous little lightweight compact comes with all of the bells and whistles, including: Deluxe combination range w/built in 11,000 btu heater and blower, along with a 3 burner stove top, sink, Dometic refrigerator, inverter box, small shower room w/a porta potty, portable honey wagon, freshwater holding tank w/water pump, spare tire mounted on rear bumper awning, all new beautiful matching cushions for both the breakdown dinette/bed, as well all the bench seat that converts into a bed, which is located on the other end of the camper, and plenty of cabinet space throughout the entire camper.

This camper has tinted and screened pushout privacy windows all around, and all of the windows and screens are in excellent condition. The body and frame on this little beauty are both in excellent condition. The body all fiberglass, so it will never rot, and this rig can be towed with most cars, because it's extremely lightweight. This classy little compact camper has eurothane foam and fiberglass insulation throughout the entire unit, and it is designed for 4 season camping. This camper is similar to the Scamp, the Burro's, except a lot more deluxe, and the wuality is superior, as you can see by the photos
Old 04-17-2010, 08:40 AM   #5

Trailer: Tent
It may not be a fake, Madison NH is in the White Mountains.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:54 AM   #6

I was not sure if it was or not. I actually removed a line questioning that prior to posting.

I just found it rather odd that the seller would remove a listing from craigslist in one city and post another in another if the trailer was for sale.

Yet I see it has been reposted for Albany, NH area.
http://nh.craigslist.org/rvs/1696350049.html
Old 04-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #7

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe 2007
I thought you could only post to one city at a time on Craig's list. Maybe he didn't get as many calls as he thought he might in another city so he relisted. That would have been my plan of action.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #8

Trailer: Outfitter Michiganni Truck Camper and 13 ft Scamp
I met a family from Canada on vacation in San Diego. This trailer was posted on San Diego's Craigslist. After not selling in San Diego, they traveled to another city where the trailer was to be stored and listed when they were in town. Therefore, I don't find listings in multiple cities unusual.

Tags
amerigo