There's a hole in my Boler my Boler my Boler - Page 13 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2021, 08:27 AM   #241

Name: Rufus
Trailer: Surfside TM14
Illinois
Fred

If you're still here, would be interested in your reasons for hanging the shelf over the dinett under the supports instead of resting it on top. Just cosmetic or did you have structural concerns.

And how did the depth of the back shelf work out?

Looks like a great mod nicely done.

Cheers,
Rufus
rlaggren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 12:00 AM   #242

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Rufus, sorry missed your post! Yes still around!
Pretty sure I mentioned in the posts that in order to keep the shelf one piece it had to go under the wall mounts.
As far as depth of shelf, yes we bumped ourselves the odd time but soon learned!🙄😄
It has been used for several years now and many miles, over the mountians of BC, to SoCal and back several times, up Vancouver Island etc. The shelf has never been a problem. But we do make sure its not heavily packed when traveling. It just happened to be a clean looking install as well. Hope this post gets to you.
Fred
Old 11-09-2021, 07:49 AM   #243

Illinois
Hi Fred

Thx for response. I've been putting 4000 mi on my Surfside. SF, Port Angeles, east along Canadian border, NY, Maine, down to nieces in Charlotte, time with buddy in Charleston. Going back through Chicago and visit sister, then back west through LA.

Growing the Tuit list. 😊 My overview remains confirmed that these little rvs s/b strengthened at any/all reasonable opportunities. And topping my lists at the moment is a cabinet latch with positive closure that absolutely won't bounce open. Bronze or SS in a design that can work on all the cabs. And the a few hundred more "necessary" items... 😇

Reframing and maybe enlarging the rear upper locker is somewhere in the plans. I'm bothered slightly by what looks like roof sag, but not sure how critical that is.

Lots of fun all around.

Safe travels.
Rufus
Old 12-20-2021, 01:38 PM   #244

Name: Gigi
Trailer: 1972 Lovebug 1970 Eriba Puck 1991 Mallard Sprinter Class C
Minnesota & Arizona
Fred, thank you for introducing me to this excellent thread! Great work!
Artist Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 06:13 PM   #245

Registry
Another hole!

We last used the boler back in june '19 partly because the old Tedco fridge I bought used in '03 died on the last trip. And partly cause a Covid. So it got shoved back in the corner and sorta forgot about,,.

We picked up a used Dometic 211 that needs some love but works good. Which brings to a queztion. Although the fridge clean it has some staining in the corners and was hoping someone has a cure?
Old 02-23-2022, 06:21 PM   #246

Illinois
First thought: Acid.

Vinegar or oxylic.

Second thought: Mild abrasive with cleaners - like tub/tile cleaners. Some types are targeted at "plastic" tubs and shouldn't be any risk to the fridge.

Cheers,
Rufus
Old 11-30-2023, 09:56 AM   #247

Name: Nick
Trailer: Boler 13
Prince Edward Island
Those curves

How are you getting such perfects curves on your woodwork??
Bonita Sayulita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 02:26 PM   #248

Registry
Hi Bonita, old thread you must've been digging!
If your talking about the rear overhead storage around about post #87 it was a ton a trips in and out of the Boler so much so I took the door off, lol.
Reference points created by the boards across the windows and started with cardboard templates. Transfered to wood that was cut a bit oversize and belt sanded to fit. The wood pieces were connected to become a one piece pattern then transfered to the finish material that was also cut a bit oversize and belt sanded to fit.
Old 03-02-2024, 02:25 PM   #249

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED SMAILES View Post
Well I finished the PJ drawer. I had a piece of thin steel bent and mounted it as a slide for the drawer. Still needs a drop down leg to support the end when the drawer is all the way out. Put a face plate on a good to go.
Still have good access to the dinette cubby to boot! Still contemplating an exterior access door to that area but will be using my own design not one of those boat hatch doors because I want to save the decal stripe on that side.
Hi Fred: I have just finished re reading your mods and alterations. I know it has been a few years since you have done most of these. I want to do this draw in my Boler. (or have my son-in-law make it). Can you explain how the draw slides in and out over the bottom lip of fiberglass and is the steel bent up on both sides? Appreciate your help. Thanks
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 02:27 PM   #250

Registry
Hi Nancy, yes the tin is bent up on both sides.
I just raised the tin and ran it to the outer edge of the fglass so the drawer doesn't touch it.
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 02:51 PM   #251

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED SMAILES View Post
Hi Nancy, yes the tin is bent up on both sides.
I just raised the tin and ran it to the outer edge of the fglass so the drawer doesn't touch it.

Thank you.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler