Eggcamper cubby door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #1

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
Eggcamper cubby door

Anyone have a picture of what the cabinet in the dining area that is behind the bathroom looks like open? I have never seen any pics showing what that space is used for. Looking at used ones and still debating if the storage will work, or if I should go with escape in 2017....thanks everyone!
Old 01-19-2016, 03:57 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I had a 2007 Eggcamper and there were 2 shelves there, very deep and there is also storage underneath where the electrical connection was made. It all depends on what you want, Jim Palmer can make something for you.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:38 PM   #3

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Crystal, there is some chance that there will be dates available in 2016 for an Escape. There are orders for late in the year being moved to earlier because of the company move into more space. If you decide what you are doing and are ready when they open orders, you might be able to get a trailer sooner.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:51 PM   #4

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Crystal, In our EggCamper, while my wife and I theoretically share all the space, that small closet is designated as my "guy space" (the big closet is primarily my wife's domain). Since I normally sit in the dinette seat in front of the door to that small closet, I don't disturb my wife when getting things in and out of it. We haven't installed any shelves or hanger bars in it. We use it more to stuff away soft items like my shaving kit, duffle bags containing various sorted clothing items, stow-able jackets, etc. It's fairly well ventilated from below the false bottom, so in a pinch, we might occasionally tuck away damp rain jackets or damp beach towels temporarily until we have the opportunity to lay them out for drying. I'll be curious to see how others who respond to your query utilize that space in their EggCamper. Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:32 AM   #5

Michigan
Thanks! Since the trailer will be all mine since the hubby is still on strike for camping, all cubbies all the time will be mine. I was thinking porch light storage or the kids' games etc. We live out of our duffle bags when camping so no hanging rods needed yet. I am hoping long term to own the trailer and maybe when the kids go off to college the hubby and I take a couple weeks to travel. I know I should do it while the kids are young, but we'll see. The hubby travels a lot oversees with work and right now it's easy to go those weekends and then we don't miss dad time when he's home. I really don't like excluding him whenever possible. I can't wait to see more pics of storage ideas
Old 01-20-2016, 07:36 AM   #6

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathi View Post
Crystal, there is some chance that there will be dates available in 2016 for an Escape. There are orders for late in the year being moved to earlier because of the company move into more space. If you decide what you are doing and are ready when they open orders, you might be able to get a trailer sooner.
I sent an email to them asking what time frame they thought it might happen. I think right now it comes down to cost+delivery, vs being able to find a used one (which having my fingers crossed I have a lead on one which I am excited about but it hasn't happened yet- mostly because I have to sell my sticky first, but I do have folks local that offered to buy mine if I ever sold it, so that is the first step
Old 01-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #7

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
You do have to be a little careful regarding what you stow in that "cubby" closet because the water lines to the shower and toilet are located there and openly exposed (very accessible for checking for leaks, easy to swap out the shower faucet, etc.), so you don't want anything you put in there to dislodge or otherwise damage those water lines. Dale
Old 01-20-2016, 08:42 AM   #8

Michigan
ahhhh ok so that is prob. why no pictures, I bet most don't use it for much then. I think I'd feel better not using it or figuring a way to put a shelf in there to keep things up away from it and not risk hitting, yep looking forward to see other ideas of what others put in there
Old 01-20-2016, 05:44 PM   #9

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4LDY View Post
Anyone have a picture of what the cabinet in the dining area that is behind the bathroom looks like open? ...
Okay, if it's pictures you want, I hope you'll find four photos attached (sorry for the odd orientations) to this reply that include:
1) A shot of the cubby door closed. I can swivel my seat out of the way of the door, or the door clears the seat when the seat is folded down.
2) A shot showing the false floor, you can see the shower water lines (color-coded blue and red for cold and hot) going up the back wall which is the front of the camper. Note that I had to remove a tote-bag full of spare toilet paper, paper towels, wash cloths, etc., and a small scrub bucket with cleaning sponge and brush to get this picture - so this is where we keep that kind of stuff, too.
3) A shot angled up so you can see where the water lines come away from the front wall of the camper to connect to the backside of the shower faucet.
4) A shot looking down with the false floor removed to expose the space below. It's a fairly large area that stores the long, heavy electrical cord for connecting to shore power (and accommodates the outside power access door), and you can see where the cold water line connects to the back of the toilet and some flexible electrical conduit where power travels through the bottom of this compartment to the street-side of the camper to power the A/C, water heater, 120v outlets, etc.). Some EggCamper owners do away with the false floor, reconfigure the shore power hookup and convert this space into additional storage space. We've not needed it for that, so we haven't.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. Dale
Attached Thumbnails
Cubby 1.jpg   Cubby 2.jpg  

Cubby 3.jpg   Cubby 4.jpg  

Old 01-20-2016, 08:55 PM   #10

Colorado
I should have specified that for the first three photos, I tilted my camera 90 degrees counterclockwise, so the right side of the photo is "up". For the last photo, the camera is tilted 90 degrees clockwise, so the left side of the photo is the front-left corner of the EggCamper; the right side of the photo is just inside the access door. I hope that clears up any confusion.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:14 PM   #11

Michigan
Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted! Now the last pic with the shore power line, is that accessed through a door, or this is just extra cord inside? It looks like the plug end is up against the wall and I don't see any door leading to it. Thanks so much for the pictures
Old 01-21-2016, 04:04 PM   #12

Colorado
If you look right where the plug end of the cord is, there is a 4" x 4" access door (you're just looking at it's edge from above) that you can open from the outside (keyed for security) and pull out as much of the power cord as you need to reach the outlet. When done, I just push it back in the door, close and lock, and that's why the cord isn't rolled up in a nice, neat coil. If you look at different outside photos of EggCampers, you'll see the little square access door near the bottom of the camper a few feet in front of the street-side tire.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:56 AM   #13

Michigan
Nice.....I feel like I'm getting the factory tour online! Thanks Dale

Tags
eggcamper