Replacement vent cover for boler furnace - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2019, 03:24 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: Boler
Yukon
Replacement vent cover for boler furnace

Hi Everyone,

The exhaust for our boler's furnace (the original drip furnace) fell off before we bought it, and now that summer is coming i'm trying to get it fixed back up. Another generous forum member sent me a replacement exhaust, but I still need a vent for the outside. It seems like finding a part that fits should be reasonably straightforward, so wonder if anyone knows of a good option that's easy to order?

Thanks so much!

Chris
McRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:58 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
This shouldn't be difficult. First look at the furnace and see if you find a manufacturer and model number. Then armed with that information go to manufacturer's web site and see if you can find an instillation manual. Look up the part number in the manual then call the manufacturer and tell them what you want by part number.

Good luck.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:36 PM   #3

Yukon
Unfortunately it's a bit more difficult than that, because it's the original Suburban furnace and they're no longer manufactured. As for the vent cover itself, the outside dimensions seem to be a bit unusual so I'm not quite sure what would fit.

I've seen someone share a suggestion on here before, but despite trying every relevant search I can think of, I can't find it.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:48 PM   #4

Yukon
Actually, i had a brainwave and found what I was looking for. This is the part that was suggested (though it's designed for indoor use):
https://www.amazon.ca/Imperial-RG056.../dp/B01N9V63XM

Though then I found this other option that might actually work well:
https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com...-p/vts-934.htm

It's a bit bigger, than the hole but I don't see why that would cause an issue?
Old 03-24-2019, 10:45 AM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: !977 KingsleyGMC, 1968 Bailey Mikado
Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRider View Post
Actually, i had a brainwave and found what I was looking for. This is the part that was suggested (though it's designed for indoor use):

Though then I found this other option that might actually work well:
https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com...-p/vts-934.htm

It's a bit bigger, than the hole but I don't see why that would cause an issue?

Instead of vintage trailer, you can get the same thing at a building supplier in the venting area...or you can in Canada.. And for less money in case McRider is Scottish! lol
panhead_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:09 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Unfortunately it's a bit more difficult than that, because it's the original Suburban furnace and they're no longer manufactured. As for the vent cover itself, the outside dimensions seem to be a bit unusual so I'm not quite sure what would fit.

I've seen someone share a suggestion on here before, but despite trying every relevant search I can think of, I can't find it.

Suburbam firmaces has not gone out of business. Try https://www.airxcel.com/suburban/products/furnaces
Old 03-24-2019, 08:33 PM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:

Looks like what I used on mine. I'm sure I posted the model number here somewhere. Might have been a special order through Home Hardware.

On edit, I looked at the one from Vintage Trailer in you post. That one has a lot less vent holes. I would not use it on a furnace exhaust.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:32 PM   #8

Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
Looks like what I used on mine. I'm sure I posted the model number here somewhere. Might have been a special order through Home Hardware.

On edit, I looked at the one from Vintage Trailer in you post. That one has a lot less vent holes. I would not use it on a furnace exhaust.
That's not a coincidence Roy! I found the thread where you spoke about using it! I wonder how it's held up for you, given that it wasn't designed for outdoor use?
Old 04-02-2019, 12:41 PM   #9

Yukon
I wonder if this one would be suitable as well? It looks quite good: https://www.amazon.ca/Steel-Return-A...&sr=8-34-spell
Old 04-06-2019, 10:50 AM   #10

Name: gary
Trailer: boler
California
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

The exhaust for our boler's furnace (the original drip furnace) fell off before we bought it, and now that summer is coming i'm trying to get it fixed back up. Another generous forum member sent me a replacement exhaust, but I still need a vent for the outside. It seems like finding a part that fits should be reasonably straightforward, so wonder if anyone knows of a good option that's easy to order?

Thanks so much!

Chris
I too have the old suburban furnace and the gas valve quit. i have been looking at all sources for a replacement , with no luck. anyone have suggestions?
gary car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 10:51 AM   #11

California
I too have the old suburban furnace and the gas valve quit. i have been looking at all sources for a replacement , with no luck. anyone have suggestions?
Old 04-06-2019, 09:12 PM   #12

California
Old 09-17-2019, 08:41 PM   #13

Name: Jorge
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary car View Post
Read this one
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ase-37948.html

go toward the end, Rick used a new controller, only left the inside: Burner and pilot. Even by his picture a new burner and pilot could be made by someone that has a Shop
Darlan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, furnace