Folding Closet Door for EggCamper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #1

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Eggcamper
New York
Folding Closet Door for EggCamper

Whenever the big closet door was open in my EggCamper I couldn't get past it very well so I took it off and cut it down the center and put hinges on. I put a coat of poly on the cut edges and reinstalled it. Now its a folding door and I'm so much happier trying to move around it! When I'm ready to tow, I'll put the mirror over the crack to hold the door in one piece. The mirror has a piece of sheet metal attached to the back of it and it curves over the closet door top edge or the edge of any of the cupboard doors in the Egg. I could put it on the inside of the closet door too so it wouldn't jump off if I hit a big bump! I just did this so I'll update if there are any drawbacks but so far I'm really pleased. I am trying to upload the pictures so I hope it works!
Lisa Fingerlakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #2

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
Lisa.....Sounds like a good mod! I to have a Eggcamper. I might just do the same if yours works out OK.
Thanks for the idea.
Jason
Old 07-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #3

New York
Thanks Jason, I wish I could get the pictures to show up....
Old 07-10-2014, 06:17 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I took my closet door off my EggCamper and reversed it, put the hinges on the other side so that it opens to the interior of the trailer and I love it.
Ms. Gayle 2012-IA,MO,NE,WY,MT,UT,NM,AZ,TX/2013-AR,LA,AL, FL,GA,SC,NC,TN,KY,KS,CO/2014-IL,MO,MN,MI,WI IA/2015-SD,IA,MO,OK,TX/2016-AR,MS,FL,MO,IN,VA,NC,TN/2017-KS,CO,UT,AR,MS,FL/2018-IL,IN,SD,MN,Canada,IA, OK,TX,NM/2019-OK,TX,AR,NE,SD/2020-AR
Ms. Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #5

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
It took me a while to figure out how to get them in a post. I wish I had a simple way of explaining it. But for me from my head to the keyboard does not always come out right....LOL
I see you are from some where around the finger lakes, I am also from around there.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #6

New York
Hi Gayle, I thought of doing that but I like to be able to access the closet from standing outside the trailer door, as well as from inside, because we have a lot of set up stuff in there. I see that we all have a problem with that closet door though! Happy Egging...
Old 07-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #7

Yes Lisa I see your point. I am very fortunate that the former owner of my trailer put a great tongue box on the tongue that holds all my set up stuff. I am very thankful for that addition.
Ms. Gayle 2012-IA,MO,NE,WY,MT,UT,NM,AZ,TX/2013-AR,LA,AL, FL,GA,SC,NC,TN,KY,KS,CO/2014-IL,MO,MN,MI,WI IA/2015-SD,IA,MO,OK,TX/2016-AR,MS,FL,MO,IN,VA,NC,TN/2017-KS,CO,UT,AR,MS,FL/2018-IL,IN,SD,MN,Canada,IA, OK,TX,NM/2019-OK,TX,AR,NE,SD/2020-AR
Old 07-20-2014, 05:47 PM   #8

New York
Finally trying the pictures again. We camped this weekend and the folding door mod was great! No reservations. Well, don't know if the pics made it...feeling like a digital dunce!
Old 08-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #9

New York
Trying again to post the photo of folding door on EggCamper closet. It appears to have worked. I simply compressed the photo and voila! Still pleased with this mod after several trips.
Attached Thumbnails
folding door for egg camper.jpg  
Old 08-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #10

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
I liked the way it sounded and love the way it looks. Great job!
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #11

Looks great!

Tags
eggcamper