Parkliner changes - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2017, 07:04 AM   #61

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
There seems to be a lot of misinformation on here about the cassette toilet.
I just read an article from a RV magazine about dumping regular black tanks. There were statements like holding the hose under the valve to catch any leaks after taking the hose loose. Using a clear adapter so you wont take the hose loose before the tank is empty. How to get stuck solids out of the slinky. Wheew!
And based on that article, there's alot of misinformation about conventional RV tanks as well.

There are no leaks when disconnecting the sewer hose after dumping. If anything, a few drops of gray water. The black tank gets dumped first, then the gray.

The clear adapter is fine but I've never needed one to tell if dumping is completed.

Stuck solids in the slinky? I suppose that could happen but it's never happened to me. If the black tank is maintained properly (we keep enough water in it to cover the bottom of the tank and use the packets), solids become liquids and don't clog anything. And again, any residue from the black tank in the sewer hose gets flushed by the gray water.

Really, there's no "wheew". Dumping RV tanks is easy peezy.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:18 AM   #62

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryNJWildlife View Post
Could you help me figure out how to do a search on this site?
Mary; there is probably an easier way, but using the search function at the top of the page I couldn't find what you want, So here's what will work; go into "registry" near top of page, then find "Brian M. in NY" (members are in alphabetical order), then click on him and you can get to all his posts. Scroll down through until you find his posts of "reset air conditioner". It may have some good info, I know he did some mod that seemed to help.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #63

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
And based on that article, there's alot of misinformation about conventional RV tanks as well.

There are no leaks when disconnecting the sewer hose after dumping. If anything, a few drops of gray water. The black tank gets dumped first, then the gray.

The clear adapter is fine but I've never needed one to tell if dumping is completed.

Stuck solids in the slinky? I suppose that could happen but it's never happened to me. If the black tank is maintained properly (we keep enough water in it to cover the bottom of the tank and use the packets), solids become liquids and don't clog anything. And again, any residue from the black tank in the sewer hose gets flushed by the gray water.

Yeah I did realize it was written for newbies. I just wanted to correct some misconceptions about the cassette system (same a a bucket etc.)
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #64

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
For the folks that are looking for a Parkliner without a roof a/c because they did not want holes in the roof.... Just to clarify - the original Parkliner may have had the a/c down low but there was a HUGE hole in the roof for the escape hatch as well as a normal size hole for the Maxx Air fan.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #65

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Hey Y'all,
I was at the Liberty Outdoors factory in Liberty, NC, this May and got a tour to see the corporate in-progress conversion the factory for ParkLiner, as well as setting up the additional MyPod manufacturing at the factory. They will be producing at their largest scale ever by the end of 2017.
For all that are curious about the new ParkLiner, it will be showcased at the Eggshells at The Outer Banks rally, as well as the other premiere Liberty Outdoor brand trailers. The representatives will be on hand to answer any questions that you may have.
For rally reservations, go to Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:01 PM   #66

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
A recent Ohio factory tour here. Clean and organized, Wow. I'm not sure where all the GFM Industries, LLC , Little Guy Worldwide, LLC merged to form Liberty Outdoors, factories are all spread out at. The company sure seems to keep growing and growing
https://youtu.be/W_7Bzb1DegA

Did any interesting information or impressions stand out for you on the NC factory tour? Their latest press release said 16 and 20 foot models are coming.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #67

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Quote:

I agree with Robert here. When we were waiting on our camper, my two biggest, "wake me up in the middle of the night" fears was dumping the tanks and backing into a campsite. And both ended up being no big deal. I did a lot of worrying over nothing.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:09 PM   #68

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
There seems to be a lot of misinformation on here about the cassette toilet.
I just read an article from a RV magazine about dumping regular black tanks. There were statements like holding the hose under the valve to catch any leaks after taking the hose loose. Using a clear adapter so you wont take the hose loose before the tank is empty. How to get stuck solids out of the slinky. Wheew! The cassette is easy to use. Just slide it out, carry to dump point or toilet. It is completely sealed until you rotate the spout and take off the spout lid. You place the spout in the toilet or dump pipe and push the button. After dumping add a little water, rinse and pour it out again. Add your chem, close and slid it back into the port. Very easy and clean. Some of you would rather deal with black tanks. That is OK with me. I just get tired of the constant misinformation by advocators of the old system.
Yeah... a port-a-potty only less portable!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 06:49 PM   #69

North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post

With a black tank you "port" a lot more "potty". [emoji38]
Old 07-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #70

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
With a black tank you "port" a lot more "potty". [emoji38]
Um, no you dont transport anything. You dump and then you leave. And you dont have to hand carry a container to a dump point to do it.

Honestly, the debate about black tanks here has me bewildered. They are simple, they work, and they've been in use for many decades. Each and every waste disposal method has it's plusses and minuses.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:13 PM   #71

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
If you are walking through the campsite carrying a cooler full of beer, you'll be welcomed to join the campfire conversation.
If you are carrying a porta potti or a cassette, not so much.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:39 AM   #72
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Like pulling one of these?
Click image for larger version

Name:	_20170720_053826.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	109104

Quote:
Each and every waste disposal method has it's plusses and minuses.
I couldn't agree more.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #73

North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
If you are walking through the campsite carrying a cooler full of beer, you'll be welcomed to join the campfire conversation.
If you are carrying a porta potti or a cassette, not so much.
Now you are just being silly
Old 07-20-2017, 09:11 PM   #74

North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Um, no you dont transport anything. You dump and then you leave. And you dont have to hand carry a container to a dump point to do it.

Honestly, the debate about black tanks here has me bewildered. They are simple, they work, and they've been in use for many decades. Each and every waste disposal method has it's plusses and minuses.

I was under the impression if you were boondocking you would have to haul your waste to a dump station. I have been in campgrounds where campers towed blue tanks behind their tow vehicle to the dump station. That isn't much different than a porta potty, just bigger.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #75

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
I was under the impression if you were boondocking you would have to haul your waste to a dump station. I have been in campgrounds where campers towed blue tanks behind their tow vehicle to the dump station. That isn't much different than a porta potty, just bigger.
That's true, it's not much different - but I've never had to use an external container. If I'm boondocking my black tank (19 gallon) takes a long time to get filled - more time than I usually camp in one place. Just head to the dump station on the way out. The highest level my black tank has ever seen was two thirds, and that was after 12-13 days of camping at two areas of a National Forest. By then I was ready to move on anyway. I suppose if we were a larger family instead of just the wife and I, we would fill a black tank much quicker.

The gray tanks are another matter. It's amazing how fast we can fill a 26 gallon gray tank, and that's with "conservative" water use. Of course there are many boondocking locations where they allow you to drain gray tank water on the ground, so depending on where you camp, it may not be a problem.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:36 AM   #76

North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
That's true, it's not much different - but I've never had to use an external container. If I'm boondocking my black tank (19 gallon) takes a long time to get filled - more time than I usually camp in one place. Just head to the dump station on the way out. The highest level my black tank has ever seen was two thirds, and that was after 12-13 days of camping at two areas of a National Forest. By then I was ready to move on anyway. I suppose if we were a larger family instead of just the wife and I, we would fill a black tank much quicker.

The gray tanks are another matter. It's amazing how fast we can fill a 26 gallon gray tank, and that's with "conservative" water use. Of course there are many boondocking locations where they allow you to drain gray tank water on the ground, so depending on where you camp, it may not be a problem.
In the end it's a matter of personal preference. I have a 30 gal grey tank. It is usually not a problem to empty it. I won't mention the places I have dumped it. We don't need another heated discussion about that.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:20 AM   #77

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
In the end it's a matter of personal preference. I have a 30 gal grey tank. It is usually not a problem to empty it. I won't mention the places I have dumped it. We don't need another heated discussion about that.
I hear you.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:01 AM   #78

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
I see the advantage of each type. ( not fond of that plastic bag in a bucket thing though)
One note... If your gonna have a gray tank, you might as well have a black tank.
Those extra trips with the blueboy are often just gray water.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:07 AM   #79

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
By the time I need to dump my black and grey tanks, I also need to fill up the fresh and resupply my beer and grocery cache.
Never seen an outhouse or toilets with a beer and wine store.

Tags
parkliner