Awning for 1977 Surfside Triple E - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Surfside Triple E
Hi;
I need some help on where I can buy an awning in Calgary and what size/type I need for a 13 ft Surfside Triple E. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
njrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #2

Trailer: Surfside 14
Quote:
Hi;
I need some help on where I can buy an awning in Calgary and what size/type I need for a 13 ft Surfside Triple E. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Wow, tons of replies! Oh, well. I have one too and although not very popular they are perfectly fine little wagons. Mine came with the original slide-into the-channel awning but it was pretty light duty so mine is pretty ratty.

Do you still have the original channel strip running along the edge of the roof, over the door? That takes 1/4" nylon cord sewn into any size of good tarp material.
Francis McDermott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #3

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Just curious, is a 13' Surfside Triple E one that's made in Boler-type molds? Or did they make one that was like a Trillium 13?

(I thought Triple E made some Bolers, yet I realize this is a Surfside; but OTOH I thought the Surfsides were all ~15'.)

Maybe that's one reason people haven't been answering
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #4

Trailer: Surfside 14
Raya,

Triple E made this TM-14 from what appears to be the same mould patterns as did Trillium from back in the day. I can't say about Boler pattern models as all I've ever seen are variations on the Trillium 13 and 15. These model designations are pretty generous since the TM-14 MIGHT be 14' from bumper to hitch on a warm day. I do see your point about njrucker's reference to a 13' SurfSide and I think it must be another TM-14 which is the same as Trillium 13.

The awning question is answered in part elsewhere as in "Add-a room" and stuff like that. My opinion is that when I put the effort into an awning I will go further and either adapt an add-a-room or a screened gazebo.
Francis McDermott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi Francis,

Thanks for the reply, although I'm still a little confused. The Surfsides I know are made from the Trillium 4500 molds, which are about 14.5 or 15' in manufacturer-measurement, which means the actual shell is about 12' long (a bit less I think). At least that's what I understand to be the TM-14

The Trillium 1300 (13') would be about 13' in manufacturer-measurements, and about 10' for the shell.

I thought that Triple E might have made some Boler clones, but I didn't know they made any 13-footers based on the Trillium 1300 mold.

Thanks for clarifying,

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 Bigfoot 13.5 ft / 05 Freestar
Quote:
Hi;
Thanks!
I agree with Raya L. that TM-14's I've seen were from Trillium 4500 molds. There always seems to be confusion about trailer measurements. The Trillium 4500 is 4.5 metres(14.76') hitch to bumper and mine is 11' front to back of cabin interior. I believe the 1300's were 13' hitch to bumper and about 9' 8" front to back of cabin interior. Maybe this will help get the right size awning. If this is a 13' Triple E it could be interesting. A photo would probably solve the puzzle because the 4500 has a distinctly different side profile.
Bill
Bill F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #7

Trailer: 1977 Surfside Triple E
Ummmm...sorry for the confusion! I am looking for a roughly 13 ft awning for a 14ft Surfside TM-14. I might have got a bit excited with my first post. It never had an awning but I would like to add one but after looking will probably look for an add a screen room (apparently I already think my trailer is smaller than it actually is)! We just discover a new leak and am looking for a good adhesive for the insulation which is also falling apart...SIGH...the awning may have to wait.
njrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #8

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Many of us Trillium Owners (and Surfside's as they share the same mold) use Shademaker bag awnings. On a 1300 an 8' awning rail will support either an 8' bag awning or a 9' (though the bag itself will hang off the ends).

As your trailer is 1.5 feet longer a 9.5' awning rail and 10' bag awning would work for you. There is a great article on installing these items here: Awning Install

There are many posts about Shademaker awnings on this forum - many of purchased them from http://interwestsports.com/. Most RV stores can get them so you may want to see how the USD/CDN dollar plus duties compares.
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surfside