SOLD: 1977 Fiberstream 17 ft, So Cal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2011, 10:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 79 13 ft Scamp and 74 Compact II
SOLD: 1977 Fiberstream 17 ft, So Cal

I have a 1977 Fiberstream that is fully self contained and ready to go. Has 110/12 volt systems. It is in excellent condition with new paint, laminate flooring, curtains and upholstery to match, double sink,stove/heater combination toilet, shower. Has 110/propane hot water heater and refrigerator. Dual axle, wheel bearings packed, new hubcaps. Fully enclosed awning and front window awning on the window guard.
It is lightweight and easy to tow. There is a full length shelved pantry and full length closet. Overhead cabinets and storage under the beds. Two twin beds or one big king size. I have a larger dining table that goes in the trailer, but I only use the two shelves in the photos. There is a vent below the shelf for a free standing portable airconditioner. (not included)
Much more, but I have a you tube video to show the trailer better. Asking 5,000.00 for it.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:35 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking This is a rare 1st Generation Fiber Stream!

Awesome Trailer! Yours is one of only 3 examples of a 1st generation Fiber Stream that I am aware of, and is in the best condition. It should sell fast at that price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
1. First Generation: 1975 thru 1977:
400 West Main Street.......... Diversified Travel Enterprises
El Cajon, California 92020... (619) 440-3361... (619) 562-5700

The sales page states that the company started building Trailers in El Cajon, California in 1975.
These early units can be identified on the outside from the rear, as they have a very small Bathroom Window offset farther to the street side than later years, and Round "Wedding Cake" style Tail Lights. Their roofs were molded flat, with 4 aluminum ribs attached outside on top from side to side. They may not have been equipped with electric brakes from the factory. (The 2 examples I am aware of did not have brakes at first)

The significance of the smaller bathroom window is evident upon entering the trailer; as the early bathrooms were tiny wet baths, no larger than the corner shower pan. The toilet is installed on top of the shower pan facing forward. The floor of the Bathroom is at the same level as the floor in the rest of the trailer, and the drain plumbing hangs below floor level.

Because the bathroom is so small, there are Two Closets across the rear. In the Curbside rear corner, opposite from the bathroom, is a 2-foot deep closet with a hanging rod and 1 upper shelf. In the center of the back wall, between the "hanging" Closet and the Bathroom, is a 1-foot deep (front-to-back) 2-foot wide pantry/linen Closet, behind a hinged door, all shelves.

The kitchen has a double-bowl sink on the left and a 3-burner range/oven on the right below a large slider window with an overhead cabinet above. (The range/oven is a new replacement unit in Art Lindsay’s 1977 trailer). The 4 cubic foot Magnavox Instamatic 2-way gas/electric refrigerator is in a cabinet opposite the range, and there is a small vertical bin covering the part of the wheel well that sticks out between the refrigerator cabinet and the entry door. The divider wall beside the range is solid. The single plain roof vent (no fan) is centered in the trailer and is approximately between the range and the refrigerator, but slightly forward into the front compartment. The one example of a first generation trailer I have seen has very dark paneling on the divider walls, and the upper kitchen cabinets have surface mounted hinged doors that open up toward the ceiling. The walls of the hull are un-insulated, and just painted on the inside.

The front compartment has 2 bench seats that can be used as twin beds. Four numbered boards (which fit best if placed in order) allow the back cushions to fill in the space between to make a king size bed. There are 3 equal size slider windows around the space, and a shallow overhead cabinet across the front above the window that matches the look of the upper kitchen cabinet. The water system is under the street side bunk, and the battery is under the front of the curbside bunk, accessible to the outside in front. The rest of the under-bunk area is storage.
At the time I wrote my "history" of the Fiber Stream brand, I had seen only one and knew of yours. I had since seen a Craigslist ad for an unfinished heavily modified but still gutted body which had been converted to single axle.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #3

Thank you Frederick. You have seen the trailer before and we have contacted you before for info on the trailer. I hate to sell it, but we just aren't using it anymore.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
OMG----absolutely stunning!
Old 06-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #5

Thank you very much. We have loved camping in it and will miss it, just aren't using it anymore and it is too nice to sit here and deteriorate.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #6

Here is a still shot of the Fiberstream
Old 06-13-2011, 11:08 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Where in SoCal are you located?
Old 06-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerK View Post
Where in SoCal are you located?
Hi, We are located near Lake Perris, Sun City area just off the 215 freeway and highway 74 east toward Hemet.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 AM   #9

Name: sherry
Trailer: Traveleze
Alaska
I LOVE IT!! Beautiful trailer!!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Thank you for the prompt response. That truly is a lovely trailer, or as my wife says, "It's so stinking cute!"
Old 06-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #11

Name: rich
Trailer: In the market
California
Hi- call me I'm interested in your unit 951-686-7630, have been unable to reach you by e-mail on craigslist Thanks Rich
Old 06-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #12

Trailer is now Sold!

1977 Fiberstream is now Sold! Thank you to all who expressed interest.

Tags
fiberstream