weight of 17' Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #1

Name: Julie
Trailer: Hunter
USA
weight of 17' Burro

Hello, I am about to purchase a 2001 17' Burro, no bathroom, but the owner is unsure about the weight. Does anyone have one and can tell me how much it weighs or how to find out? I can't find anything online. The title doesn't say and the tag on the tongue says the GVWR is 3500, but that is how much the trailer can handle and not the dry weight, right?

We have a Honda CRV with a 1500lb towing capacity. He advertised it at 14' (from pacing it off), which made me think it would be light enough, but the tag on the tongue says 17'. I looked at NADA guides, but they don't have Burro (unless it's listed under another name?). I also looked at the "Trailer Weights in the Real World" spreadsheet on this site and their are only 2 17' Burros, both of which are too heavy, but the one we're looking at does not have a bathroom which I think would make a significant difference in the weight, right? The spreadsheet doesn't list if they have bathrooms.

I'm a newbie, any help is appreciated! Thanks.
juliep1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #2

Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft / 2001 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Julie, take a look at this sticky for trailer weights in the real world. There are a couple Burro 17' listed at about 3200 lbs. I never weighed mine but that sounds realistic. I did weigh my trailer's tongue and it was 300lb+. If your CRV has a 1500lb. towing limit a Burro 17' would exceed both your tongue and towing limit.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rld-43010.html

No bathroom would only save you a couple hundred pounds I would guess.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #3

Name: Julie
Trailer: Hunter
USA
Thanks Thomas! We ended up going with a Hunter Compact Jr and are very excited!
juliep1114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro, weight