Scamp 16-6 vs Parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #1

Name: dave
Trailer: no longer looking at Parkliner,04 Honda Odyssey
Pennsylvania
Scamp 16-6 vs Parkliner

Hello everyone! I have been reading Fiberglass RV for a while now but this is my first post. Hope I do it right! We are looking to upgrade from our Coleman SantaFe popup to something still towable by our 04 Honda Odyssey w/air assisted springs. Probably gonna go for either a Scamp 16 layout 6 or a Parkliner. Like some things about each one but we need some owners experiences to help decide. Greatly appreciate any advice! Thanks!
flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:20 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Welcome! Ideally you'd benefit most from someone who's owned both, but I'm not sure if there are any folks who have. So you may just get feedback from those who've owned one or the other.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:23 PM   #3

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Hi Dave, and welcome to FGRV forum family. Scamp vs Parkliner will come down to personal preferences. We have had two 13' Scamps, (a standard and a deluxe) and when we were going to go larger, we were seriously looking at the Parkliner to fit the bill, over a larger 16' Scamp. We felt it had more storage space, and felt roomier even though it is a 15'. We don't have grandchildren, so extra sleeping areas were not needed, so we went a different way when we were able to sit inside a Lil Snoozy, and felt it be a better fit for us. Go to a raley and sit/stand in as many different trailers as you can, and see if you can picture yourself in one for any extended length of time. Good luck finding your dream camper.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:04 PM   #4
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I've never seen a Parkliner in person. But with all the opening windows and the Queen size bed, they'd get a very serious look if I were in the market. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #5

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
I've had both and the ParkLiner wins hand down!
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:17 PM   #6
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Dave
When we were ready to purchase we had decided what were our must haves vs our nice to haves. We discussed the style of camping we liked best and ultimately what would make us happy 2, 4, even 10 years down the road. After all the discussions and research we were convinced enough to place an order and drive 1200 miles southwest ( vs 150 north) and pick up our little dream maker.
I would share those details with you but they would be of little to no use since your priorities, values, expectations, and desires are probably different than mine.
The best advice has already been given, go to a rally, wander through a few campgrounds, or like us tour a few at a state fair (or whatever venue you can find them in). That more than anything else helped us decide what to choose or not choose.
But if you are taking a poll 2 years in and we still love our Parkliner with zero regrets!
Sid
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:30 AM   #7

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Dave, for us it was all about size. The Parkliner is taller, wider, and has more storage space. My wife and I sold our much loved Uhaul CT this Spring and moved up to the Parkliner; no regrets! Parkliner is back up and running; new owner, new facility, and taking orders.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:53 AM   #8
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Parkliner price increase coming July 1st so if you are seriously interested get your order in before that!
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 08:58 AM   #9

Name: dave
Trailer: no longer looking at Parkliner,04 Honda Odyssey
Pennsylvania
Thanks everybody for your advice. I like the fact that the Parkliner has more space,more interior choices and is more updated than the Scamp. We also looked at a T@B S which is very cool but at 6' I just did not fit especially in the shower. Even Elaine, my wife, at 5'8" felt cramped. The Scamp is,I am sure, more developed after all these years but to me the Parkliner has more of the coolness of the T@B and I actually can stand up in it. Plus the monocoque advantage of fiberglass. No leaky wall seams. Maybe Scamp will take notice and attract younger buyers. I am 62 but I try to not act my age unless I have to!
flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:22 AM   #10

Name: R.T.
Trailer: Big Foot
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lauver View Post
Dave, for us it was all about size. The Parkliner is taller, wider, and has more storage space. My wife and I sold our much loved Uhaul CT this Spring and moved up to the Parkliner; no regrets! Parkliner is back up and running; new owner, new facility, and taking orders.

George I can't believe you sold that great Uhaul,it was special. Can't wait to see what you do to the Parkliner. Going to Cherokee this fall?
dblcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 06:55 PM   #11

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Yes Richard, it was a tough decision but we decided to make the jump to the dark side as some would say. Yes we will be in Cherokee in October; same site just a different camper. Come join us around the fire pit!

George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 08:02 AM   #12

Name: Mary
Trailer: Parkliner; TV 2012 Nissan Murano
New Jersey
Prospective Parkliner owner

Dave,
I've never owned a camper but it's been my lifetime dream. I've been researching the fiberglass campers for 3 years now. I went to a rally and would definitely recommend doing that. I toured a few different types and was sold on the Parkliner. The materials were very high quality and that's important to me. I want this to be a once in a lifetime purchase. The cushions were especially supportive and comfortable, way beyond my expectations. I can definitely see myself sleeping on them. Seeing that prices will go up July 1, I will be ordering mine next week. If you would like to see one, the easiest thing would be to call up Parkliner and talk to their salesperson Tom Bass who is the nicest guy you would ever want to speak to. He will set up an appointment with you, and tour the factory if you'd like, and demonstrate his own Parkliner camper to you.
Best wishes,
Mary
MaryNJWildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #13

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Hi Dave, I looked and studied Fiberglass trailers for 2 years and decided on the Parkliner. Lots of things I love about it but one thing I never see talked about is the material used in the Parkliner as opposed to some of the others. All my trailer doors and drawers are marine grade plywood so there is no toxic chemicals emitting fumes. All the windows open, which, from my understanding, is not the case with all the trailers. I would buy my Parkliner all over again, it is just easy to love.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:41 PM   #14

Name: Sandra
Trailer: Parkliner SOLD November 2017
South Carolina
Registry
Hi Dave,

I am also looking at getting my first RV and was trying to decide between a Scamp, Casita, or Parkliner. By reading the responses to your question, I have made up my mind to get a Parkliner. I live in SC and the Parkliner factory is about a 3 hour drive, so I'm going to schedule a tour. The Oliver is also a very nice RV, but is above what my price range is.
Sandy54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner, scamp