Rotten frame-Trillium-where to get fixed - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #21

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
There are allot of shops that can and are willing to do the frame. What there is not allot of shops that can or willing to strip the body off the frame and then replace the body back on the new frame. Do you have the ability and place to remove and replace the body?
Sometimes these things are a house of cards. A trailer with a badly rotted frame is likely to need more work than just a frame replacement.

Welding shops like to build steel structures its what they live for. Most welding shops wont even want to paint the new frame when its done.

Step 1 remove the body shell.
Step 2 order the new axle.
Step 3 once the axle comes in take the new axle and old frame to your local trailer builders and weld shop and ask for help.

Don't bother calling these shops just to hear a big we don't do that. Make them see the problem and deny or quote face to face. You will eventually find a place to help you. There's always welding night classes you can take to get it done.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:37 PM   #22

Name: Don
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
I ham having my axle replaced tomorrow locally In Barrie. They are removing my Trillium from the frame as not to damage it when welding the new axle on. I will ask them if they are able to make a new frame. They are great guys and also gave me some ideas for future projects.
Don ravinerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 06:30 AM   #23

Name: stefan
Trailer: 76 Trillium 1300
Waterloo, Ontario
Hey Gypsee,

Sorry to hear about your trailer. Speaking from experience, many of us have spent too much on our trailers not knowing how much work they really require. It's a hard learned life lesson. I think some others here might not be willing to admit their mistakes or they've just been extremely lucky.

Anyhow, you should be able to find a welding shop near you that can build you a frame. If you were on this side to TO, I'd recommend Paul Neumeister
Fibreglass RV Parts, Repairs, and Service by Paul Neumeister

You may just want to give him a call as he has a welding shop, is a really decent guy, and may be able to build a proper frame for you. He has experience in this area. Hate to make you drive back to the Baden area and beyond but a phone call might be helpful or he may know someone close to you.

stefan
stefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:48 AM   #24

Name: Don
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
These guys will reproduce a new frame for you or repair your old one. They are located just off Hwy 400 in Barrie

www.trailerservicebarrie.ca
Don ravinerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:15 AM   #25

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
This weekend I drove to Vernon BC to pick up a Trillium 1300 frame. He wanted $300 for the frame. The frame is in good shape, but the axle is shot, so I will also need one of those. In addition to the frame, I bought the front, back, (both the six pane version) and one side window, as well as the door, from the 1300 that he used to make mould for a Trillium variant.

No trailers were ever produced from this mould.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium