AL SOLD Another Trillium 4500 for Sale - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #21

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Randy Bishop's 1978 Trillium 4500
California
Hello,

Is this one still available? Its right in the range I wanted to spend, the bathroom/shower are not important to me, (a portopotty is fine.) I'm actually looking to live in it. I'm a nurse and when in Alaska had a dry cabin so, It is not a radical change for me. Thank you, Jen
Old 10-14-2015, 05:53 PM   #22

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennaver View Post
Hello,

Is this one still available? Its right in the range I wanted to spend, the bathroom/shower are not important to me, (a portopotty is fine.) I'm actually looking to live in it. I'm a nurse and when in Alaska had a dry cabin so, It is not a radical change for me. Thank you, Jen
Yes it's still for sale... There's someone on here "Go-Jane-Go" who said they might drive down from Pennsylvania to look at both of them, this one and the 1300... The way she talked it seemed like she was more interested in the 1300.. All I know is first one to come gets first choice.......
Old 10-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #23

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
I don't really know how much they weight, someone on here can probably answer that question because I have read on here where people have carried them and weighted them.. There are several pictures of each one I have for sale.. there's a link on each one that shows the renovation except for this one...But if you need more pictures tell what you want a picture of and I'll take it and post it....
Thank you Randy, I am going on leave until the end of October so it works for me for Go Jane to have first dibs.

I'll check the links and message you.

Jen
Old 10-16-2015, 05:56 PM   #24

Name: Tobin
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Arkansas
Trick to removing front window in 1980 trillium 4500

Hey Randy, I've removed all the screws and putty from the outside of the front window, it feels rather loose except the bottom. The inside aluminum flange seems to be one piece with the outside and it's way too big to go thru the hole. Any tricks to get it out. It was leaking in top right corner and needed to be resealed..Any help would be appreciated..Thanks
Old 10-17-2015, 06:32 AM   #25

Name: pete
Trailer: Trillium
North Carolina
Registry
We just bought Randy's other 4500 and I can vouch for the quality of his workmanship. I've seen all three of his Trilliums and would have loved to snatch them all up!
Old 10-18-2015, 09:28 AM   #26

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by perronp View Post
We just bought Randy's other 4500 and I can vouch for the quality of his workmanship. I've seen all three of his Trilliums and would have loved to snatch them all up!

Wonderful!

Hopefully there will still be one for me in a couple weeks!

Jen
p.s. but I can only haul under 2K lbs with my car so fingers really crossed.

p.p.s. you get to change your status to "owner"
Old 10-18-2015, 10:23 AM   #27

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Congratulations Pete. I love Trilliums and hope I get to see yours before too long. You don't say where in NC you are, but we aren't too far apart.
BTW, we're having a mini rally at Hungry Mother State Park, near Marion, VA, Nov, 1-4 if you feel up to a cool weather camping trip. Full hookups available.

Walt
Old 10-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #28

Glad to hear you are pleased with the camper, hope you get years of camping out of it and keep me informed on any upgrades you do.. I love seeing idea's other people come up with on these little campers to make them their own... Headed to South Dakota in two weeks and I'm already packing.. can't wait to get my dog out there and let him do what he was breed for hunting pheasant's and ducks.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by perronp View Post
Old 10-20-2015, 10:25 PM   #29

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
I am still shopping. The rally showed me that 13 footers are 2 small for me and 3 girls. I would luke to have moredetails about this FGRV and what it has/doesnt have, e.g. heater, fan, a/c, what kind of fridge, is portopotty included? Has anything been updated or added? What is the surface of the walls inside? What is on the floors? Are they soft anywhere? Do any windows leak? Does the sink work? What size hitch? Sorry so many questiins but I want to pull the trigger before bad weather here in Indiana. And I would love to see more pics of the inside. You can answer here or LynnG@remax.net. Thanks, Lynn
Old 10-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #30

There is very little difference between a 4500 and a 1300 so if the 1300 is too small I wouldn't recommend the 4500 you probably need a 16' Scamp or Casita...................
Old 10-31-2015, 01:05 AM   #31

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Randy how much does your trill 4500 weigh

Quote:
I'm going to sell 3 of my Trilliums...Here's another one I want to sell...
1978 Model...Want $5500.00 firm.....Pictures....
when empty with one Propane tank, 1 battery on hitch, foam in place on the beds kitchen supplies for 2, need to know this for Tow Vehicle.
Your only one province away from us.
also would let me vist relations in Standard, Medicine Hat, and a good friend in Trochu, Al
Stude
Old 10-31-2015, 01:12 AM   #32

British Columbia
David Re-Fridge size

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I really don't understand the requirement for a bathroom. There is a porta-potty garage under the gaucho. I realize that privacy may be a concern for some. During the day the trailer is usually empty, so not a problem. During the night, well just keep the lights off.

A shower is another story. But, that can be done too:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ium-39176.html

This trailer, like all of Randy's trailers, has been meticulously restored. But I have to say, I think it is likely a 1977. This is based on a couple of things. The window in the door does not open, the kitchen does not have an extension to accommodate a larger fridge, and the serial number is in the 1977 range, but just barely. So, I could be wrong.

Not that any of this detracts from the fact that this is an awesome trailer. Note the alloy rims and bare aluminium fridge vents. Very nice!
What if one remove the drawer and put the cook top up higher I would think one could put the next higher fridge in place which would include the venting work to. There is usually a way to make changes even if only small ones. For me I like a slightly larger Fridge to one to keep my insulin cold in plus when I did my 09 Trip it was left on 24/7 though it occasionally blew itself out but still kept it cold. I learned to drink warm water, lucky for me I had place outside at the back where I could store items that stayed cooler there.
Stude
Old 10-31-2015, 02:47 AM   #33

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Quote:
There is very little difference between a 4500 and a 1300 so if the 1300 is too small I wouldn't recommend the 4500 you probably need a 16' Scamp or Casita...................
Or Boler, if you can find one.
Walt
Old 10-31-2015, 07:13 AM   #34
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
I would disagree with that, although they look simular there is a huge difference in size and mainly where it matters most the beds. It is closer in size to the 16 ft scamp than to the 1300
Old 10-31-2015, 10:01 AM   #35

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Stude, Randy and his Trilliums are in Alabama so quite a distance from BC. If he was closer I know they would have all been snapped up by buyers in a flash.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:57 PM   #36

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Stude, Randy and his Trilliums are in Alabama so quite a distance from BC. If he was closer I know they would have all been snapped up by buyers in a flash.
He is less than a two hour drive from me and I'll be going as soon as we can meet! I definitely KNOW I'm lucky.

Jen
Old 10-31-2015, 07:20 PM   #37

British Columbia
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennaver View Post
He is less than a two hour drive from me and I'll be going as soon as we can meet! I definitely KNOW I'm lucky.

Jen
: lucky u having what u want so close, though I have found several right in our area but not the Hunter model or the Cadet Model as either will work for my sister in laws car, or mine, but we now travel in some luxury with walk around Queen, 3 piece washroom, Micro, stove w/oven, furnace, AC, Gen set for those hot nights if not plugged in. Oh it is so nice after sleeping on the ground worry about not get zapped by a Rattler or a bear and where we are camping the bears are really big. even having a 1/8th" wall is better than Canvas.
Stude
Old 10-31-2015, 07:24 PM   #38

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
: lucky u having what u want so close, though I have found several right in our area but not the Hunter model or the Cadet Model as either will work for my sister in laws car, or mine, but we now travel in some luxury with walk around Queen, 3 piece washroom, Micro, stove w/oven, furnace, AC, Gen set for those hot nights if not plugged in. Oh it is so nice after sleeping on the ground worry about not get zapped by a Rattler or a bear and where we are camping the bears are really big. even having a 1/8th" wall is better than Canvas.
Stude
Oh yes! I've seen how big the bears are in BC when I drove through from Fairbanks last summer. Huge, that and the Bison too. What amazed me were the cyclists, even solo cyclists. Granted, they could probably see a bear from a distance and just wait them out but, good golly, not me!

Yes also that I am very lucky to be just down the road from Mr. Bishop. If my car can handle the 4500, then fingers crossed I'll be the lucky person.
Jen
Old 11-05-2015, 09:50 AM   #39

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Jennifer, Were I you, which I am not, I would get in my car now, and drive to Randy Bishop's place and get this trailer. It looks like the stock coupler, so you will likely need a 1-7/8" ball.

Many here have waited for a year or more to find the right trailer. I can assure you that this trailer is worth every cent. Randy has documented a couple of his restorations, he is very through.

There are two schools of thought when it comes to buying an old fibreglass trailer. Randy, and I both think the same. Get a fixer for cheep and do a nice job restoring it. If you have the time and skills, this is not just good economics, it's fun. The other school of thought is to buy the best trailer you can afford. This makes sense because if you have to get the work done by an RV shop, it gets very expensive, very fast.

What Randy is offering is a trailer in top notch condition, for the same price that others are selling fixers for. Should you miss out on this, there will not be another opportunity like it for a very long time.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:52 AM   #40

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
What if one remove the drawer and put the cook top up higher I would think one could put the next higher fridge in place which would include the venting work to. There is usually a way to make changes even if only small ones. For me I like a slightly larger Fridge to one to keep my insulin cold in plus when I did my 09 Trip it was left on 24/7 though it occasionally blew itself out but still kept it cold. I learned to drink warm water, lucky for me I had place outside at the back where I could store items that stayed cooler there.
Stude
The issue is not hight, it is depth. The kitchen cupboard in later 4500's stick out further where the fridge is.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ons-53368.html

Tags
trillium