Parkliner base price increase. Wow! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2016, 10:10 AM   #41

Name: Bill
Trailer: Parkliner 2013
North Carolina
I see now that the way you plan to use your camper has an impact on The combined gray/black waste-water tank question. I, too, was confused by Walter's insistence on separate systems. Carol's commentary was also helpful in understanding that boondocking requires some additional planning and preparation related to water usage. Most of the use of our ParkLiner has been in travelling as opposed to boondocking for longer periods of time. When I say travelling, I mean getting on the road, going for a few hours and then parking somewhere new almost every day. This represents about 90 percent of our camping experience including our 2014 65-day trip to Homer Alaska and back. Most of the time we park in a campground with fresh water hookups and a dumping facility. On those occasions when we do not have those luxuries we've never experienced a hardship passing up those chores for a couple of days. Odor was never a problem. The mascerating toilet worked just fine. Now, if you are a committed boondocker with limited water supplies that is probably a very different story but for our style of camping the ParkLiner has been a very trouble-free and thoroughly enjoyable experience.
Bill Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:41 AM   #42

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Bill
Well said. Yes it does depend on your camping style. And a lot of mine is much like yours, but not all. No only do I have several boondocking trips every year, but I also frequent campgrounds that have water and electric hookups but not sewer. I much prefer state and national park campgrounds to commercial ones. I have even camped in state park campgrounds that have a designated place at each site for dumping grey water to water the foliage, but obviously that wouldn't work with a Parkliner.

Happy camping to all in whatever way suits you.

Walt
Old 08-26-2016, 11:39 AM   #43

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Berry View Post
I see now that the way you plan to use your camper has an impact on The combined gray/black waste-water tank question..
Bill you are 100% correct.

What works well for one person may not work well for another depending on were each plans to camp & type of travel. For someone who is purchasing their 1st trailer it is hard for them to know what they can live with and not live with until they have done some real life trips. That is why this list is valuable resource.

I do feel bad when I see someone who was originally all excited about their new trailer comment here after six months or so that in hind sight they wish they had gotten such and such an option or such and such brand trailer and as a result are selling their trailer. Having said that I know from personal experience that as Donna likes to say you can indeed "love the one your with" and still get out and make lots of good memories and find work arounds for what ever the short comings the trailer might have in regards to your style of travel.

As indicated I do think that the Parkliner is a great trailer and it will indeed do the job well for some but not for others depending on camping style. Pretty well the same with every trailer out there, each has some pros and cons.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:32 AM   #44

Name: Sandra
Trailer: Parkliner SOLD November 2017
South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
A 15 gal tank is going to get you by for a few days but personally would not expect to have much if any left in the fresh tank to flush anything out with.

Out of curiosity did they give you any indication regarding how much water you will need to flush each time the macerating toilet is used in order to generate a heavy enough water flow/pressure for the toilet to do its thing?
Carol - I spoke with Tom Bass at Parkliner last night and this is what he told me about the macerating toilet: 1) you control how much water is used; 2) you can do a full flush or you can do a 'dry' flush (for liquid waste; and 3) you can allow water to enter the bowl.

As I said, I do not plan on going off grid regularly. I've dug enough pit toilets and done off grid camping when I was in the Army Reserve to know that in my senior years (I'm 62), I want some of the comforts of home, with still being able to get out of the house and explore. I am retiring next January and part of the reason I want a RV is to be able to take my dog on vacation with me, and to sleep in a bed that thousands of other people haven't slept in.
Sandy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:49 AM   #45
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
I really can't disagree with anything said here but just to add another perspective....
The Parkliner with its one dump tank exactly fits our style of camping. I grew up in a camping family so I knew that for me sitting in line to dump a black water tank was a no go. YMMV
The Parkliners 15 gallon fresh and 30 gallon grey (for us) tanks allow us to go a week or more without refilling or emptying, and that includes showers!. I should mention that we do bring bottled water for drinking and cooking.
So all that along with the six and a half foot ceilings, queen bed, and abundant storage made our decision an easy one.
Sid
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:05 AM   #46

South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
I really can't disagree with anything said here but just to add another perspective....
The Parkliner with its one dump tank exactly fits our style of camping. I grew up in a camping family so I knew that for me sitting in line to dump a black water tank was a no go. YMMV
The Parkliners 15 gallon fresh and 30 gallon grey (for us) tanks allow us to go a week or more without refilling or emptying, and that includes showers!. I should mention that we do bring bottled water for drinking and cooking.
So all that along with the six and a half foot ceilings, queen bed, and abundant storage made our decision an easy one.
Sid
Sid - Just out of curiosity, what options did you select for your Parkliner? I'm about to order one, and the options can really add up. I'm trying to determine what I can leave out without too much inconvenience.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:48 PM   #47
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy54 View Post
Sid - Just out of curiosity, what options did you select for your Parkliner? I'm about to order one, and the options can really add up. I'm trying to determine what I can leave out without too much inconvenience.
Sandy,
We went with the range, fridge, furnace, water heater, outside faucet, and screen door. By all means get the screen door! It adds a lot of ventilation during the day.
We also added the magic table/couch. Since we leave the queen bed setup full time that one isn't really necessary for us. We got it for the resale value but as much as we are enjoying the Parkliner that will not be a concern. Perhaps when grandchildren enter the picture our default set-up will change. We may even then get the bunk bed.
I should also mention our not so special requests we received.
1- No "rat fur" or tile behind the galley. We like the clean look of fiberglass there.
2- Replace the slider galley window with the smaller frosted one found in the shower. That way all windows can be left open in the rain and no curtain is needed. To our eye it makes the galley area look cleaner and bigger.
Sid
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:34 AM   #48

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

This was a fun blast-from-the-past read down memory lane : )

Many of the questions in this thread were touched on back in January of 2013 when I spoke to Chandler at length several times over the phone (yup, back then it was possible!! even had his private cell#).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Bill you are 100% correct.
What works well for one person may not work well for another depending on were each plans to camp & type of travel. ...
Totally agree.

And for Cari's and my style of primarily camping in US Forestry Camps that have only a public pit toilet and rarely potable water available, our "Style" has some particular needs/tweeks.

On base price? I'm currently out of the shopping loop since our van is dialed in and meeting our needs, but back in 2013 the PL base price was $14,500 when we ordered PL #35. We went with the porta-poti option as it fit our needs and desire to be able to take the canister to the pit toilet and dump as needed. Though I thought the combined 30 gallon grey tank with macerating toilet (something I appreciated on our family sailboat) was a nice design.

For Cari's and my back-to-basics dry-cabin sort of RV preference, we had the freedom to order PL#35 to meet these needs. And Chandler, after going over my purchase order, stated it was very close to the exact build he had for his family. We left out many of what most would call comforts such as room/water heaters, AC, etc. BUT we luv'd that little trailer and IF we were to get into the market to get more civilized in our adventures, the Parkliner, even with the base increase, would still be a must see during the shopping/research phase. To date we have only seen one other trailer (an Oliver) that we felt a heart-tug when viewing...but that's us. The fun thing about all this, as others have shared, is that variety is the spice of RVliving.

: ) Thom

Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:41 PM   #49

Name: Andrew
Trailer: On the market
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Snoozy's price is up there already, too. So PL is comparable to several mfrs.
The Snoozy I priced out came to $26,000!
saltydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #50

Trailer: 1997 13 ft Scamp Deluxe and 2006 Airstream 75th Anniversary International Bambi Prototype
How does this weird homemade-looking bunk work and where does it store when you aren't using it??? Or, is it NOT removable? Can you still use the dinette some sort of way?

Jeff G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:29 PM   #51

South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff G. View Post
How does this weird homemade-looking bunk work and where does it store when you aren't using it??? Or, is it NOT removable? Can you still use the dinette some sort of way?

It is removable. The wood beams come apart and I assume you store them in the closet. You probably can't use the 2 person dinette while the bunk bed is assembled. I didn't get the bunk option in my Parkliner.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:04 PM   #52

Trailer: 1997 13 ft Scamp Deluxe and 2006 Airstream 75th Anniversary International Bambi Prototype
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy54 View Post
It is removable. The wood beams come apart and I assume you store them in the closet. You probably can't use the 2 person dinette while the bunk bed is assembled. I didn't get the bunk option in my Parkliner.

So you basically have to build it? How long does THAT take? Where would you store those long wood pieces? Doesn't seem like they would fit in the closet...it just kinda looks like something someone would make in their garage.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:09 PM   #53

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff G. View Post
So you basically have to build it? How long does THAT take? Where would you store those long wood pieces? Doesn't seem like they would fit in the closet...it just kinda looks like something someone would make in their garage.

I have the bunk option in my PL. it takes about 3 minutes to put up the bunk. All of the pieces fit in the closet quite nicely. The front part of the bunk frame folds down between the seat. It's actually quite of an ingenious design!
When not in use, the area is either used a Chase lounge or dinette. I've used the bunk several time and it's works great.
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:13 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie1 View Post
I have the bunk option in my PL. it takes about 3 minutes to put up the bunk. All of the pieces fit in the closet quite nicely. The front part of the bunk frame folds down between the seat. It's actually quite of an ingenious design!
When not in use, the area is either used a Chase lounge or dinette. I've used the bunk several time and it's works great.
How long is the longest piece of wood that you have to store?

How much space in the closet do the bunk parts take up?

Where does the mattress for the bunk store?
Old 07-26-2017, 08:18 PM   #55

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
I'm going to NC this weekend and will try to remember to take some pics. There are straps in the closet to secure the frame. There's still room for hanging clothes, trash can, broom, etc. There is no mattress, it's the back cushions that make the mattress and there fit and made accordingly. You can't use the, while the bunk is launched bc the bunk is in the way. The top bunk is quite sturdy and suitable for a full size adult. The bottom is not for the obese crowd)
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:15 AM   #56

Name: Robert
Trailer: Shopping
North Carolina
Keep in mind that the new Parkliners are double-hulled. Something that definitely sets them apart from Casita, Scamp and maybe a few others. Add to that the elimination of any wood in the flooring system and you cannot compare the aforementioned to the Parkliner. I will own one ASAP.
rdcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:55 AM   #57

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Storage is here Jeff, in this nook, really good design. And hey the patented magic table too, pretty neat.
Attached Thumbnails
parkliner.jpg  
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:43 AM   #58

Andrew, have you quoted a comparable Scamp 16 or Casita 17? That is ALOT of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltydog View Post
The Snoozy I priced out came to $26,000!
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:51 AM   #59

Name: Andrew
Trailer: On the market
Florida
More than $26,000?!
saltydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:59 AM   #60

You lost me...you saying you HAVE and it's more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltydog View Post
More than $26,000?!
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner