Portable holding tank for ParkLiner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2016, 05:52 PM   #1

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Portable holding tank for ParkLiner

The sewer drain on our ParkLiner is fairly low, and one portable tank we tried, a Thetford Smart Tote, couldn't be configured to drain properly. Does anyone have any recommendations for a tank that works for them? Thanks!
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:56 PM   #2

Trailer: Aliner
Tammie, Bargman makes a low profile portable tote for tent campers that might be just what you need. I'm thinking about getting one for our older Casita.

Barker Folding Tent Camper Tote-Along, 15 gallon - $112.10
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:10 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
The sewer pipes are low on our '96 Casita. I bought, from Amazon, an 11 gallon Tote-N-Stor tank. It has only 2 wheels and is fairly low, about 9" I believe. A tow handle is available for it. Even at that height it's going to be close to line up with the drain on the trailer. Since I'll only be dealing with liquids to drain I've figured out that I can use the short washing machine type hose that came with it, a 90 degree adapter on the tank, and drain my trailer tanks through that hose and look in the 3" opening to see when the tank gets full. Then wheel it to the dump station and empty it using the 3" outlet. My other option is to put blocks under the trailer tires to raise it up a little, a couple 2 X 6's should do it, and then drain my trailer tanks using the 3" hose. Also thinking of using a mini 110V pump that has garden hose fittings to pump from trailer into the portable tank.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #4

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
I guessing this is for an extended stay without full hook up; other wise you would just use the dump station?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:01 PM   #5

Alabama
Thanks for the suggestions!
Most of our camping has been at state parks with only power and water provided, and I can't even remember the last time we had full hook-ups anywhere. We're planning some longer stays and hope the portable tank will keep us from having to break camp just to go to the dump station.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:37 AM   #6

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
This thread reminds me why I transferred my macerator pump from boat duty (which it never was used for) to trailer duty. I don't have the high lift axle and no tank available at the time was low enough to drain from the trailer into a tote. Inserting the macerator pump at the outlet allowed me to pump black water "uphill" into the tote.

While I may be "full of it" I rarely stay long enough in one spot to need to drain the black tank in mid-visit.

I've also used it to speed up draining of the grey tank and once to get the grey water up over a berm around a dump hole at a private campground. It was a weird arrangement.

To power the pump I put a Marinco 12v outlet back by the shore power outlet.

But back to the topic which is having to deal with a low sewer outlet...

I have two totes, only one of which I pack on any given trip. A wheeled one (~15 gallons) and a 5 gallon tote I use to "decant" off some grey water (when I feel guilty about snaking a hose off into the woods). In those cases I just use a hand bilge pump to get the water up into the 5 gallon tank. Plumbed it with some lightweight bilge hose and one of those 3" termination caps with the hose fitting and the pump mounted to a short piece of 1/2" plywood so I can step/kneel on something dry while keeping the pump from skating around while I'm pumping.

It's another device I had for the boat and repurposed to the trailer. The hand pump won't deal with the chunky bits, if you will, of waste water, but will do perfectly fine for grey water.
Attached Images

I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #7

Alabama
Hey Steve,
Thanks for the"low down" Very helpful!

Tags
parkliner