ParkLiner low water drain - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2014, 07:00 AM   #21

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
On right is water input, on left is hot water tank, center is where tap was added for outside faucet.
Thanks Huck!

Tell me, do you have a low water drain over on the other side of the trailer, as shown in their new DVD?

I got a kick out of the DVD for a number of reasons, but especially their calling these trailers the ParkLiner 15. Sounds like an expanded ParkLiner is afoot.

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:27 AM   #22

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Frank, Our EggCamper has two drains: 1) a spigot valve drain coming out the bottom of the onboard fresh water tank that drains through a hole drilled through the camper floor and 2) a tube coming out of the water heater drain valve which also goes through a hole drilled through the camper floor. I also pull the screen cover off the water pump and let water drain into a little bowl because I found out that's a low spot that doesn't drain even when I force compressed air through the system to force water out of the lines and faucets. In your case, it seems that if you simply found one or two low spots in the lines back up under the cabinetry, spliced in a "T", attached a spigot valve to the "T", then drilled a hole big enough for the tubing to drain water from the spigot valve through the tubing and out the hole, you could get the job done. Again, I'd suggest blowing compressed air through the water inlet, back through the faucets, etc., to force water toward the low spots where the spigot drain valves are located.

On another note, we have two drain traps (sink and shower) that I use a long piece of plastic tubing and a basting syringe to syphon the water up out of the traps so there is no water in there to freeze over the winter.

Best of luck....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #23

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Frank, Our EggCamper has two drains: 1) a spigot valve drain coming out the bottom of the onboard fresh water tank that drains through a hole drilled through the camper floor and 2) a tube coming out of the water heater drain valve which also goes through a hole drilled through the camper floor. I also pull the screen cover off the water pump and let water drain into a little bowl because I found out that's a low spot that doesn't drain even when I force compressed air through the system to force water out of the lines and faucets. In your case, it seems that if you simply found one or two low spots in the lines back up under the cabinetry, spliced in a "T", attached a spigot valve to the "T", then drilled a hole big enough for the tubing to drain water from the spigot valve through the tubing and out the hole, you could get the job done. Again, I'd suggest blowing compressed air through the water inlet, back through the faucets, etc., to force water toward the low spots where the spigot drain valves are located.

On another note, we have two drain traps (sink and shower) that I use a long piece of plastic tubing and a basting syringe to syphon the water up out of the traps so there is no water in there to freeze over the winter.

Best of luck....
Thanks Dale, good suggestions, and I need good luck!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-29-2014, 08:11 AM   #24

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Thanks Huck!

Tell me, do you have a low water drain over on the other side of the trailer, as shown in their new DVD?

I got a kick out of the DVD for a number of reasons, but especially their calling these trailers the ParkLiner 15. Sounds like an expanded ParkLiner is afoot.

Thanks!

Frank
Yes.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 06:50 AM   #25

New York
Close up pic of water drain valve?

I can see from the video ParkLiner sent out that there is a valve over by the water pump, but can't see any detail in the video. Could any of you ParkLiner owners with the factory drain/valve take a pic or two for me so I can replicate it?

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-30-2014, 09:40 AM   #26

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Thanks Huck!

Thanks!

Frank

Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:52 AM   #27

New York
Excellent! Thanks again Huck, you are an absolute fountain of knowledge!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #28

New York
Well, it took a while to drain the tank, but it's done!

Now I have to get a "t" into this hose that runs from the bottom of the tank to the pump. Not much room, but I think it can be done...

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #29

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
We stayed at a campground in Virginia last year that had in their rules a statement that if you were caught washing your rig or vehicle on your site you would be subject to a surcharge of $350.00. Check the rules before hooking up that outside faucet.
Funny thing is we stayed at a large campground in Myrtle Beach S.C. three years ago. The rules were "No washing of campers in the campground". However, there was a local company and posted number you could call that would professionally wash your unit on your camp site; and that was allowed. Seemed to me the campground were setup with this washing company. Hey all the water and soap ran onto the ground anyway. That's when I had my 36' 3-slide. Crew ask if I wanted mine washed for $150.00. I said not NO but H--- No. I hate things like that.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #30
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Food for thought

Trillium did the tank drain this way. The one picture shows the tee. The drain line goes through the floor while the other line, hidden by the fill line, goes to the water pump. The drain is located behind the tire. The good is that the drain valve is easy to get to. The bad is that because they put the tee in the tube, it reduces the drain I.d. to 1/4", making draining the tank a very long process. I redid the whole thing and replaced the tank outlet with a tee that maintained a 3/8" I.d., the tubing size. This drains faster but still takes a while. Finally, you will notice they placed the drain valve higher than the tank bottom. Go figure. I added an elbow and a piece of tubing to create a siphon. Sorry,no picture. Seems to work. Raz
Attached Thumbnails
image-2850386290.jpg   image-2036101333.jpg  

Attached Images

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner