New Parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2014, 06:10 AM   #1

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
New Parkliner

I ordered my Parkliner, she will be ready August 29th WAHOO!!!!!! Can't wait
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:30 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Congratulations Pat! You have to be excited. Are you picking it up, or having it delivered?

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #3

Michigan
We are going down to pick it up, I can't wait…..
Old 07-26-2014, 07:53 AM   #4

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Great. I can't get my ordered Escape 19 until after Feb 15. Unfortunately, way after.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #5

Michigan
Pat if you don't have plans, there is a Rally in Algonac, MI from 5-7 Sep. Might be a great place to go show it off if you're back in MI by then. Link:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ble-61725.html

Tom
Old 07-26-2014, 11:18 AM   #6

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Sweet! I'm sure your gonna love it! I love mine(as I'm sitting in it typing this!)

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Wow congratulations Pat! We've had ours for just under three months and love every minute of it. We will be going to Mackinac August 8 if you want an advanced peek.
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #8

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Congratulations. What's your 1st mod going to be?
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #9

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
That is so cool Pat! And I was there when you ordered it! Like Deryk, I am sitting in my ParkLiner typing this, camping at the Lehigh Gorge Campground near Scranton PA. Having a beer after a great dinner near here at a place called the Powerhouse. Yum, yum! Long day of driving, all the way from Waynesboro VA, stayed overnight there at the 340 North campground. We love ParkLining!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:21 PM   #10

Michigan
Frank you must be on your way back home, sounds like you're enjoying the trip, Huck, I don't think I know enough yet to start changing things, I am hoping that I pretty much like it just the way it is for now. TomK, before I ordered mine I had planned on going over and seeing the trailers, I may still try to get there and look around, will you be there? Sid, my husband and I went down a week ago and saw three of them, love them. Nice to know that everyone seems to love their Parkliners. Deryk, I am sure I will love mine.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #11

Michigan
You bet we'll be there Pat in lot #140. Stop by if you go. That will be our first Rally. I'd love to see that ParkLiner.

Tom
Old 07-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #12

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Forgive the highjack, but hows that campground Frank, we usually stay at Staunton our first night out when we head south.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:41 PM   #13

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Forgive the highjack, but hows that campground Frank, we usually stay at Staunton our first night out when we head south.
I assume you mean North 340? Very friendly people, both in the office, & brief neighbors we had on both sides of us. Kinda tight camping, but I liked the concrete pads at every site. Our waste water hook-up would not work, but we didn't worry about it, just moved on. The campsite we're at now is better for all hook-ups, so we'll be fine later today coming home.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-26-2014, 09:56 PM   #14

Name: Bob
Pennsylvania
Sid- You won't be the first Parkliner to Mackinac. We just spent 2 days (18-19th) at Mill Creek, Mackinaw City. Fabulous weather. Lunch buffet at the Grand Hotel was super. Have just finished the Michigan loop tour, now headed back to eastern PA.
Cap'n

PS- Important mod for all: make sure to put a drop of super glue on the bathroom door lock. If that latch gets locked and the door accidently closes you will lose two linear feet of valuable Parkliner real estate!
Capn Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:40 AM   #15

New York
[QUOTE=Pat in Michigan;472567]Frank you must be on your way back home, sounds like you're enjoying the trip.[QUOTE]

I'm enjoying it now Pat, as I sit at a picnic table next to our ParkLiner, under our Gander Mtn. canopy, enjoying a fresh brewed cup of coffee in Lehigh Gorge, PA. Had a great night's sleep in that roomy queen sized bed. All the comforts of home. Last couple of days have been kinda nutty, but today's easy, only maybe 4 hours to home. Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful day too!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #16

Michigan
So I am debating about taking the ParkLiner to the Algonac fiberglass rally, as some of you know I am really green and will be coming alone with 3 dogs and a bird. What kind of things are have to haves in order to stay overnight. I had kind of planned on working at this slowly but looks like I might have to be a quick study.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #17

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
So I am debating about taking the ParkLiner to the Algonac fiberglass rally, as some of you know I am really green and will be coming alone with 3 dogs and a bird. What kind of things are have to haves in order to stay overnight. I had kind of planned on working at this slowly but looks like I might have to be a quick study.
Hmmm. Dog food? Water for the dogs? No clue what to tell ya about the bird Pat. Some sheets and maybe a quilt - queen sized! We buy these small containers in a 6 pack and throw one in the toilet that keeps everything fine for up to a week, you can get it at any RV place, probably even Walmart. You might want to fill your water tank if you're not going to be hooked to water. A word of advice - if you're not hooked to shore power, unhook your tow vehicle from your trailer so you don't draw your tow vehicle batteries down. It's good to have some wood pads for you stabilizers, and wheel chocks. I carry rubber gloves for hooking up and unhooking the waster water line ("stinky slinky"). Then just stuff you would eat and drink. I bet you'll do just fine. I wish we could join you! Plus you'll get lots of help from other egg owners when you're there.

Best of luck to ya Pat!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #18

Michigan
Thanks Frank, these sites have electric so I am thinking that is good, I already got a quilt and pillows, orange of course. I will start putting the rest of the stuff together. Thanks Frank.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #19

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Hi Pat,
Congratulations on your new ParkLiner! Just a few more weeks!
While we waited on our new arrival, I gathered things in what Joel called my "hope chest". You might not need all of it for your first trip, but here's what I had.

queen size sheets and blanket
bath towels
shower curtain
RV toilet paper and IKEA suction TP holder
kitchenware- cutlery, can opener, Corelle dishes,
Camco mini dishdrainer plus their dish tub (it all nests)
pots & pans
knives and cutting mat (knives in their own sheaths to keep
blades covered and saves room)
coffee pot
Hanging shoe organizer for the closet- holds flashlights, raingear, first aid kit,
and lots more, all right by the door
And a welcome mat for all the folks who will want come in and see!

Have a great time,

Tammie
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #20

Michigan
Pat! That's good news. The hard part will be over. You'll have a trailer! We're in the same boat. This will be our first rally and other than camping our way home for 5 nights, this will be only the second time using the new Scamp. There are still plenty of things we need to get, but that will come later. We want to find out how the things we already have, work. You don't need special "camping" dishes, pots and pans, silverware, bedding, etc. Bring what you already use at home or from tent camping. Dog food and water dishes... same thing. We're bringing our 2 pups, and they'll love it.

Algonac State Park is like many in MI. There are electrical hook ups, but water comes from a few water stations scattered throughout the camp. You can fill your tanks when you get there, and then fill water jugs if you need more. If you look closely at the map, you'll see where the water points are located. Pick a campsite near one of those if that's important to you. We did. We'll be in #140. Look us up if you'd like. We'll learn about this stuff at the same time.

Tom

Tags
parkliner