Fuses in Lil Bigfoot? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2016, 03:42 PM   #1

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Fuses in Lil Bigfoot?

I've been all through my owner's manual and don't find anything about the location of fuses. There is a "breaker box" under the sink that has two switches! both are "on." The 120 plug under the upper cabinet in the front of the trailer, the light over the sink, and the plug on the front of the sink cabinet all work. But the plug under the rear upper cabinet does not.

Any ideas about where I'd look for the problem?

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-15-2016, 05:24 PM   #2

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
not....

not familiar with Lil BFs...but am familiar (sort of) with the thinking at the factory.....pictures would help BTW

when you say " But the plug under the rear upper cabinet does not." I take it that is a twelve volt cigarette plug...guessing here...

in larger BFs the factory was fond of installing a cigarette plug and TV signal amplifier / gizmo in that particular location....this circuit was fed directly from the batteries (three possible fuse locations in larger BF fuse panels...the three at far right in pic below...red wire runs to that rear upper location mentioned) this was done because 12V from the converter would cause "noise" in electronics like TVs)

sorry can't be more help...good luck
Attached Thumbnails
elecr3.jpg  
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:39 PM   #3

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
Franswa, If it weren't raining right now (yay!) I'd dash out and take a photo, but the plug under the rear upper is a 120, just like in the house. The trailer has 3 total (inside), and the one in the back doesn't work. There's another one outside in the fridge access door -- haven't tried it but something from inside is plugged in there.

There were no 12V sockets until I had them installed (and they all work great).

Tags
bigfoot