Need help with Boler windows inspection/care - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2016, 12:16 AM   #1

Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
Need help with Boler windows inspection/care

New 1975 Boler owner here. As we are getting ready to clean up inside the trailer before an eventual paint job inside and outside, I'm wondering if I shouldn't start with windows (and door?) inspection.

What do you experts think?
Should I systematically change the rubber around the windows?
Some of the plexiglass windows look really rough. Should I change them?
Am I right to want to look into it before painting?

I looked a little bit in the different threads but didn't find what I needed right away.

Where do I get the rubber and plexiglass?

Thank you beforehand for your answers and/or links to good info!
Uncle Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:53 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Hi Sylvio; - I'm in the same boat as you with my 1973 Boler. I obtained the rubber for the front and back windows from Paul Nuemeister at 'A-1 Auto' in Sebringville, ON. He's the Boler 'guru' for almost 'everything' Boler or Trillium, in Ontario; and is easily talked to; worked with; etc. YMMV - But, I have decided to pull the windows prior to painting inside or outside, likely in the spring. My plexiglass is in reasonable condition and I won't be replacing it; but, others have indicated that a replacement piece is usually easily available from your local 'glass' dealer. Sounds like it is fairly easily cut to size.
Good luck with your reno plans.
bullfrogeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #3

Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
Bullfrog,

Please give us a report when you do change the rubber seal on your windows.

I also looked at Complete Guide to 13′ Boler Fiberglass Trailers, a link that someone gave me when I join the Forum. Helpful. I think I'll take care of the windows before the paint job. Once I can get the trailer* inside, I'll take a better look at everything.

I wonder if we have any "Boler guru" in Québec...

*I'm thinking about "Super Bol" as a nickname for my trailer. French allusion to the Superbowl, to the name "Boler" and to a bowl of cereal, my nickname on this forum that I might explain later, when I have time... :-)
Uncle Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Paul Nuemeister operates an automotive repair shop (A-1 Auto) just north-west of Sebringville (near Stratford). He dies Boler work for many persons in Ontario, as well as into the neighbouring 'States'. He has acquired a 'moderate' stock on hand for Boler materials (door hinges, etc.) and does axle changeovers, etc. I'd check him out for anything Boler (or molded FGRV) related.
bullfrogeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, windows