Trillium 13' VIN plate? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2016, 05:42 PM   #1

Name: Chris
Trailer: '77 Trillium 1300
Oklahoma
Trillium 13' VIN plate?

Hey, all. I feel silly, but I can't seem to locate the VIN/Serial # tag on my "new" '77 Trillium. I need to register it, so I'll need to know where it is. Anyone point me in the direction? Thanks in advance!
respond2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #2

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by respond2us View Post
Hey, all. I feel silly, but I can't seem to locate the VIN/Serial # tag on my "new" '77 Trillium. I need to register it, so I'll need to know where it is. Anyone point me in the direction? Thanks in advance!

It should be on the back of the closet door.. If someone remodeled it then it maybe gone... I renovated one and replaced all the cabinet and closet doors so I bought a set of numbers and letter dies and stamped the serial number on the tongue, also done the same on the other 7 I owned at the time so that in the future it would be there..
If it's still there it should list everything that was installed when it was built.....
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:23 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Thanks! I'll check.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:07 PM   #4

Oklahoma
It doesn't seem to have one. Looks like I'm ordering a new vin plate. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #5

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
It doesn't seem to have one. Looks like I'm ordering a new vin plate. Thanks for your help.

Do you have the title for it... if so you can stamp the serial number on the tongue like I did, and it is not a "PLATE" it's a white piece of paper glued to the back of the door...well it's not really paper but more like a plastic film.. I really don't know where you would get a new plate for it......................
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:39 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I would expect to find the VIN on the Bill of Sale, for one. Seller should have had registration papers with VIN as well. The sheet of paper in a cupboard or closet would look similar to this.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape Specs Form.jpg  
Old 11-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #7

Oklahoma
Definitely haven't found a paper like that anywhere. Yes, I have the VIN on the registration and the bill of sale, just can't find it in the camper.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Definitely haven't found a paper like that anywhere. Yes, I have the VIN on the registration and the bill of sale, just can't find it in the camper.
Well, that's a relief! Just have to wait until somebody here with the same experience posts.
Old 11-10-2016, 10:24 PM   #9

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Just do as Randy suggests, stamp it in the frame rail with 1/4" stamps. I've never run into a problem with the DMV, all they're looking for is matching numbers.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:10 AM   #10

Oklahoma
Yes, I agree. That's what I'll do. Thanks for the help, all.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:04 PM   #11

Trailer: 77' Trillium
registration info?

Look under one of the covers of the space for the seats of the dinette/bed in rear.
Nadine Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:26 PM   #12

Oklahoma
Nadine, (and everyone else!) thanks for the suggestion! I have a few more places to look when I get home.

This morning, I ordered a metal stamp kit so I plan to stamp the VIN on the frame of the camper. Also, I got some blank copper tags that look pretty "vintage" that I'm going to stamp it on also, and put one inside the closet or some other place that it would likely be.

My only concern is getting it registered. Once that's done, no more worries.
Old 12-28-2016, 07:34 AM   #13

Oklahoma
Thanks a million!

Thanks, all, for the help... Randy, extra thanks to you as your suggestion worked! I actually bought some "old looking" copper plates on Amazon with my stamp kit, and stamped a plate then adhesed to the tongue of the camper. All the DMV wanted to see was a picture of the VIN, which was fine with me. Got my new Oklahoma title in a couple days ago (and my tag) so I'm ready to camp.

Thanks again... you guys rock!

Tags
trillium, vin