Amerigo owners manual - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #1

Name: Janine
Trailer: 1973 Amerigo
Michigan
Amerigo owners manual

Hello all:

I have an original owners manual for my 73 trailer if anyone needs a copy. I also have all the original paperwork that came with it as I am the 3rd owner. I didn't realize until I saw the floor plan that you could have a bunk bed over the dining area as optional and a bathroom. The bathroom closet in mine has a hold cut in the plywood where i believe a toliet existed at one time .

So if anyone needs copies let me know.

Janine
jazmine525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #2

Trailer: Wilderness 5th Wheel
I could use it Please!

I have an Amerigo that was totally empty and am still recreating the look inside. And An Owners manual would help as to appliances also.
Dogeron52@yahoo.com
Thank You ever so much
Marty V.K.
Marty V.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:37 PM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Hi Janine
First take a look at the Amerigo FG-16 currently listed on the Tri-cities craigs list in Walla-Walla, WA. It has the optional bunk bed showing in several pics.
I think that the most Amerigo ever offered was a portapotty kind of Loo. I don't think that they ever offered a black holding tank in the FG-16
Then put me on the list for a scan or a copy of your manual. I will send you a scan of an original sales brochure if you don't already have one.
Many Thanks

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Why not put a PDF of whatever you have for the Amerigo in the Document Center? That would be helpful for all current and future owners of that brand. If you need to, send me... I'll get it them in there! Send me a PM and I'll give you my e-mail address.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #5

Michigan
I can send you a memory card that i put everything on. I tried to put in documents here but it wouldn't let me for some reason. All i ask iis for the memory card back when you are done with it.

Janine
Old 08-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #6

Michigan
i sent you a message but your message limit is full.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #7

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Hi Janine
First take a look at the Amerigo FG-16 currently listed on the Tri-cities craigs list in Walla-Walla, WA. It has the optional bunk bed showing in several pics.
I think that the most Amerigo ever offered was a portapotty kind of Loo. I don't think that they ever offered a black holding tank in the FG-16
Then put me on the list for a scan or a copy of your manual. I will send you a scan of an original sales brochure if you don't already have one.
Many Thanks
Thanks you I will be sure to take a look. The paperwork I have says they offer a recirculating toliet but I found literatire for a thermasan waste destruction system so I'm thinking that they had that installed in their primary trailer hauler and removed it when they sold it. I don't plan on doing that but it might interest someone else.

Janine
Old 08-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #8

For those that are trying to send me a PM.... my membership on FiberglassRV has changed and so has the number of PMs I can receive. The admins are working on it. I don't think they ever expected to have a member with as many posts as I have and that affects my mailbox.

STAND BY!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #9

pdf upload

I want to thank Jasmine525 for the manuals. and I have put the pictures in a couple of pdf's and looked for the way to upload them, but was unsuccessful. It was interesting reading a manual from the 70's. I have a few pictures of my bare trailer.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:09 PM   #10

upload Manual

found the link tried to upload file. said I was missing a security token. Oh well.

Marty v.k.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:55 AM   #11

Marty I sent you a PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #12

Name: Jakob
Trailer: 1976 Amerigo
Kentucky
If anyone has a PDF of the owner's manual let me know. There are only brochures in the document center.
JakobDulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #13

Jakob, I sent Marty a PM. I'm trying to get the PDF to put it in the Document Center then everyone can have a copy.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #14

pdf sent

I sent three pdfs hope you got them.

Marty v.k.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #15

Marty, if you were responding to me... I did NOT receive the PDFs. I've sent you another PM
Old 09-17-2015, 06:30 AM   #16

Name: George
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
Texas
Amerigo owners manual

I have been trying unsuccessfully to download the 3 documents on the site. I would very much appreciate copies and would be more than willing to reimburse you for the paper, toner and postage. I am a new owner of a 1972 Amerigo and am very much looking forward to a semi Nomadic lifestyle again. I am also new to this site and not very computer literate, so I am not sure how contact info is shared here. I will await a message from you. Thank you for your time. Mesquite
Mesquite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:54 AM   #17

Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
George, I also have a '72 that I purchased from the second owner & it came with all of the original paperwork such as the Certificate of Origin, brochures, tire warranty info and the owners manual. I have posted most of that info here: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...2-a-67664.html

I didn't copy/post the owner's manual as it is very generic with no specific info covering the FG-16's. It's about 16 pages of worthless info, here's the section on appliances and you'll see what I mean by worthless:

"Appliances:
The initial operation of your furnace, air conditioner, water heater, cooking range and refrigerator is checked out by your selling-dealer or his agent at the time of purchase. He will explain the operation of the appliance by demonstrating the proper use. He will make minor adjustments at that time.

A separate warranty accompanies each appliance. Most state: any part or portion of the appliance which the company's examination shall disclose to be defective in workmanship or material during the period of 1 year from the date of purchase, will be replaced free of charge except for labor and transportation expenses incidental to replacement.

If service problems do develop under the separate warranty, contact your selling-dealer first. If he is not authorized to repair the appliance or make adjustments, he will tell you where to get it done. In submitting a request for service be sure to give the complete model and serial number."

Here's the section on frames:

"Frames:
Use a rust-proof paint to prevent rust developing on the protruding "A" frame. It is also advisable to paint your gas bottle each year."

I think you get the picture. My scanner took a dump last year. I can get copies made of this but to be honest I don't think you'll get any useful info from it.

Honestly you'll likely get better info from members and other FG-16 owners on the forum here.
SteveV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #18

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
About Amerigo Appliances

You can google the appliances manufacturers name and model number and you will usually come up with a set of the original manufacturers documents.

When the FG-16's were built. Sunrader & Amerigo, were both owned by Stewart Gardner companies, well known for minimal documentation, as well as common use of appliances.

That said, IF you have the Duette combination stove/oven/space heater, you will want to do a substantial amount of research on that one before using the space heater function. Information I received about that appliance, as installed in a Sunrader camper I owned, was that they were all recalled due to CO leaks, not a good thing.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:26 AM   #19

Name: Bianca
Trailer: 1973 Amerigo FG-16
California
Jazmine, you have no idea how happy I am to have found this post. I’m not sure if your still active, given the date you posted it. But, your still around plz let me know what I can do for you in return and if you are still able to send me one.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 10:17 PM   #20

Name: Don
Trailer: Amerigo
Texas
About how much does it cost to replace the hubs and wheels with standard hubs/wheels? Did it require a new axle? Anyone with an Amerigo FG16 with the optional bunk bed over the rear seating area? Have you removed it?
Don in TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amerigo