FL 2015, Feb. 9-15: Florida Scamp Camp - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #41

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
OK. Time to clarify for non-Floridians. It is called Highlands Hammock because it is in Highlands County. And a hammock is an area of high, dry land surrounded by a swamp/wetland. So technically, if you stay at HHSP and you doze off, you are sleeping on a hammock.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 01-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #42

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
OK. Time to clarify for non-Floridians. It is called Highlands Hammock because it is in Highlands County. And a hammock is an area of high, dry land surrounded by a swamp/wetland. So technically, if you stay at HHSP and you doze off, you are sleeping on a hammock.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
The irony persists
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:09 AM   #43

Name: john
Trailer: Compact Junior
Michigan
I'd love to visit the rally......

I'm going to be in Sebring that week escaping winter, but not it a camper.

does any one know the date and time of any kind of "open house" inspection tour that week?
john madill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #44

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
I believe its on Wednesday. You're more than welcome to stop by our site, 038, at any time.

Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by john madill View Post

does any one know the date and time of any kind of "open house" inspection tour that week?
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #45

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Al is correct. Trailer tours are Wednesday. The schedule didn't list a time. Anytime we're there works for us too. Site 026

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:14 PM   #46

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by john madill View Post

Al and Cindy reflect the attitude of nearly all Scamp owners.
We welcome tours any time or day except "quiet time".
Stop on by(site 76)!
The tour day is Wednesday as previously stated.Look for a ribbon tied in a prominent place at the sites who are prepared for visitors.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #47

Name: Herman & Ann
Trailer: Casita SD
Pensacola Florida
We are going to be on site 2 if my back problems don't keep us from making it. If we're there stop by anytime we're always happy to show Snowball to anyone.
Herman M Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:28 PM   #48

Pensacola Florida
On my previous post I inadvertently put site 2 and I meant to put site 1 (one). I think the ongoing back problem has stabilized enough that we are heading out on Monday Feb 2nd with stops in Marianna Fl at the caverns then down to Oleno state park then to Highland Hammock. Hopefully if I cut down my drive time each leg all my body parts will still work when we get there. Herman
Old 01-25-2015, 06:29 AM   #49

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman M Parker View Post
On my previous post I inadvertently put site 2 and I meant to put site 1 (one). I think the ongoing back problem has stabilized enough that we are heading out on Monday Feb 2nd with stops in Marianna Fl at the caverns then down to Oleno state park then to Highland Hammock. Hopefully if I cut down my drive time each leg all my body parts will still work when we get there. Herman
Glad your back is mending Herman. We're leaving IL on Feb 1st and plan to be in Pensacola on the night of the 2nd. Staying at Oak Grove CG at Pensacola NAS for 2 nights. Then we're on to Manatee Springs SP for a few nights before we arrive Highland Hammock on the 8th. We'll be at site 026, and look forward to meeting you.

Tom
Old 01-31-2015, 04:07 PM   #50

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2005 Casita 17 LD
Florida
Hi, We're newbies and will drop by on Saturday (still working). We, along with another couple hope to visit with and see a few units. It would be great if the ribbons were still up for those open to visitation. I look forward to seeing you there.
PC Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 06:38 PM   #51

Name: Danny
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Kentucky
Friends of ours were planning to come to Scamp camp with us but have had to cancel. They had site #77 at Manatee Springs on Friday the 6th and site 107 at Highland Hammocks for six nights beginning on the 7th. They made the cancellations at 7:30 pm EST Feb. 1st. We would love to have someone from the forum as neighbors.
Danny1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #52

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
I've got a good night's worth of firewood for the group campfire, and at least two items for the White Elephant/Flat Stanley trade.
I'm booked to check in on Tuesday afternoon and leaving Friday AM.
Hidalga will be open to tour on site #5. Look forward to Scamp Camp!
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #53

Name: Norm and Ginny
Florida
Ginny and I hope plan to get to the Scamp Camp on Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #54

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2005 Casita 17 LD
Florida
PCSteve won't be able to use the spot. We'll see you on Saturday.
PC Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:13 PM   #55

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
We're headed down that way tomorrow morning. 2 nights at O'Leno, then 2 nights at Fort Desoto, and arrive Sebring on Friday. Hoping to leave the rain at home.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #56

Pensacola Florida
PC Steve we willbe on site one and if you want to stop by on Sat and see a Scamp 5er you are more than welcome.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:34 PM   #57

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny1953 View Post
Friends of ours were planning to come to Scamp camp with us but have had to cancel. They had site #77 at Manatee Springs on Friday the 6th and site 107 at Highland Hammocks for six nights beginning on the 7th. They made the cancellations at 7:30 pm EST Feb. 1st. We would love to have someone from the forum as neighbors.
Danny and Tammy, Joanne and I are going to be at Manatee Springs, site Loop 070 , MAG2 from 4 thru 8 Feb. We'll try to find you. We're in Pensacola now.

Tom
Old 02-02-2015, 06:39 PM   #58

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Craig and I are looking forward to Scamp Camp # 3 for us and to seeing friends old and new.

Due to last minute changes we will be playing Campground Shuffle by squatting in #33 on Friday, Feb.6; #107 Saturday, Feb 7 ; finally settling into our homespot #124 Sunday, Feb 8 through Monday, Feb. 16.

Visitors are welcome anytime the door is open to display the "Welcome" sign...unless it's raining or really cold then you can just knock if the 4Runner is on-site and the bikes or the dog are not gone. This will be Miss Skye Diva Dog's first Scamp Camp...she loves company...so come on by.

Josie

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:35 PM   #59

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
Danny and Tammy, Joanne and I are going to be at Manatee Springs, site Loop 070 , MAG2 from 4 thru 8 Feb. We'll try to find you. We're in Pensacola now.

Tom
Last February, we stayed at site 70 in Manatee Springs, our first trip in our new ParkLiner. Loved the spot and the deer, raccoons, and cardinals.
This year's midwinter getaway is Feb 15-20 to Highlands Hammock, booked a couple of weeks ago. Just now saw the Scamp Camp thread, so if any of you guys are staying longer, we'll be in site #2. Would love to meet more fiberglass folks!
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:25 PM   #60

Name: Michael
Trailer: Escape 21
Georgia
To all who could not attend:

Sent from my LG-V410 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
lijMichael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp