New option for ParkLiners - Installed Awning - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2014, 10:55 AM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
New option for ParkLiners - Installed Awning

ParkLiners are now being offered a Fiamma 45S awning that is over 10' wide and will project over 8'. The first one was installed yesterday in a long process that involved making a template so the 2nd and following installs will be much easier. The awnings will be anchored with a substantial backing piece inside the very upper parts of the starboard side. It will be offered on new campers as well as for existing ParkLiners. While I do not have a picture of it extended yet, here's a teaser:

As soon as I get new pics with it extended from the owner of this ParkLiner, I will add them here.

I have other pics from my visit this past Saturday I will get to as I can. I already posted a few of their custom chassis somewhere else.

Enjoy!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #2

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
This is a great awning. I'm glad to see ParkLiner offering this for their customers. I hope many take advantage of it.

We put one on our 16' Scamp before we left on our cross country madventure. I can actually put this awning out without Craig's help when necessary. It is also a bit wider than the old Scamp awning giving us a little more coverage over the door. Craig even came up with a new piece that holds the door open under the awning so we can leave it open on warm, rainy days.

Josie

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #3

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yax2go View Post
This is a great awning. I'm glad to see ParkLiner offering this for their customers. I hope many take advantage of it.

We put one on our 16' Scamp before we left on our cross country madventure. I can actually put this awning out without Craig's help when necessary. It is also a bit wider than the old Scamp awning giving us a little more coverage over the door. Craig even came up with a new piece that holds the door open under the awning so we can leave it open on warm, rainy days.

Josie
That's great Josie! Got any pics of it extended? I would love to see one on an egg!

Thanks,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #4

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Frank here that is the awning Scamp offers. We ordered it for ours after asking for a demo. It's only 8' wide for the 13's. Bigger of course for the 16 and 19 models. Here is a link to the Scamp FB peg that shows the operation in a short video.
Link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #5

South Carolina
Registry
This is a pic. of our awning after we finished the installation and the second pic. shows our extended door keep.
Attached Thumbnails
new canopy 1.jpg   door keep 1.jpg  

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
Old 07-22-2014, 11:36 AM   #6

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
Frank here that is the awning Scamp offers. We ordered it for ours after asking for a demo. It's only 8' wide for the 13's. Bigger of course for the 16 and 19 models. Here is a link to the Scamp FB peg that shows the operation in a short video.
Link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Tom
Great video Tom, thanks! How good are they at shedding heavy rain?

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-22-2014, 11:38 AM   #7

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yax2go View Post
This is a pic. of our awning after we finished the installation and the second pic. shows our extended door keep.

Very cool! How is it at shedding heavy rain?

Thanks,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #8

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
On the thread Flamma Awning! you will find a video of one on a Casita at Post #16 as well as photos of them on various Scamps.

Although the Flamma is a vast improvement over the old Dometic/Catalina awnings Scamp was using for years if I was in the market for a new awning I would also give the CareFree awning a serious look. Escape uses them and people seem REALLY happy with them as far as how easy they are to put up and take down and the biggie is there is no gap between the trailer and the awning.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:47 AM   #9

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Hope this picture loads...
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00396.jpg  
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #10

South Carolina
Registry
Last night we had some rain and it seemed to do a good job. Here is another pic. of it fully extended and the door keep in place.
Attached Thumbnails
awing1.jpg  

Old 07-22-2014, 11:59 AM   #11

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Frank, have any idea what the ballpark installed price is?
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Here is Carefree. You have option of removing arms from the trailer and standing them upright. Easy up, easy down.
Attached Thumbnails
toad deep bay 3.jpg  
Old 07-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #13

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Here is Carefree. You have option of removing arms from the trailer and standing them upright. Easy up, easy down.
Glenn, which Carefree awning model provides that seal between the awning and the trailer that Carol mentioned? Looks like yours is sealed as well?

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #14

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Gap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
On the thread Flamma Awning! you will find a video of one on a Casita at Post #16 as well as photos of them on various Scamps.

Although the Flamma is a vast improvement over the old Dometic/Catalina awnings Scamp was using for years if I was in the market for a new awning I would also give the CareFree awning a serious look. Escape uses them and people seem REALLY happy with them as far as how easy they are to put up and take down and the biggie is there is no gap between the trailer and the awning.
We have the Flamma awning on our 2013 Casita and find it much easier to use than the Dometic on our old Scamp . One of the reasons I did not like the awning on our old Scamp besides being difficult to deploy was the fact that there was no gap between the awning and the roof . Our Scamp had a foam seal between the awning and the roof which trapped dirt , water and leaves causing the roof to stain and making it harder to clean Plus there was several rivets that were covered by the seal which leaked and were almost impossible to get to , I realize when it rains ,water run through the gap but I prefer that to having to scrub the black stains off the roof 4 or 5 times a year
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #15

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We have the Flamma awning on our 2013 Casita and find it much easier to use than the Dometic on our old Scamp . One of the reasons I did not like the awning on our old Scamp besides being difficult to deploy was the fact that there was no gap between the awning and the roof . Our Scamp had a foam seal between the awning and the roof which trapped dirt , water and leaves causing the roof to stain and making it harder to clean Plus there was several rivets that were covered by the seal which leaked and were almost impossible to get to , I realize when it rains ,water run through the gap but I prefer that to having to scrub the black stains off the roof 4 or 5 times a year
I hear ya Steve. So far, we have used a Gander Mountain canopy which takes two people to set up, but does cover the starboard side such that no water gets in. Plus it came with the trailer, and did not cost us extra!

It got a real workout over the July 4th weekend, both torrential rain and heavy wind, yet never failed us.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Glenn, which Carefree awning model provides that seal between the awning and the trailer that Carol mentioned? Looks like yours is sealed as well?

Frank
I think mine is 'Fiesta'.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:25 AM   #17

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

I can vouch for the robustness of the Fiama 45 10' awning. It has held up under some fairly crazy wind conditions on the fiberglass roof install on our van conversion.

and one in camp.

The idea of having one installed on our PL has crossed our minds. Time will tell if we take the jump.

One thing for us while using the Fiama in our windy PNW conditions is we prefer to have the vertical support poles staked down with an aluminum stake that will allow the _foot_ of the pole that is being staked to ground to ride vertically on the tent stake. We have witnessed the staked foot lifting off the ground in high winds yet remain secured/safe from lifting off and away, or worse yet, being staked without the ability to bleed off the gust and possibly place undue stress on the mounting hardware on the fiberglass roof.

OH...a PS... We awoke one morning to a very loud metallic crack/crash from somewhere outside in the state park we were at (Agate Beach on the Oregon Coast). There had been a freak Pacific Storm come through the area and while Cari and i hunkered down and took all awnings down (we had our weather alert radio on as usual)...other Non-Oregonians didn't really bother. Well it was one of these visiting RVers in a ~35+ foot fifth wheel that had their ~14ft awning ripped right off the side of their rig and end up in another camp site. It was a sad picture.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:24 AM   #18

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Yup, I never leave the awning down at night or if I am away from camp. By the time you know the wind is up it's pretty much to late.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:02 AM   #19

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
I am having mine installed in a couple of weeks.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:00 AM   #20

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
I can vouch for the robustness of the Fiama 45 10' awning. It has held up under some fairly crazy wind conditions on the fiberglass roof install on our van conversion.

The idea of having one installed on our PL has crossed our minds. Time will tell if we take the jump.

Thom
Boy, what a sharp looking rig ya got there Thom. Lookin good. How's Cari doing with the gold panning?

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006

Tags
awning, parkliner