Cover for Parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #1

Name: BillC
Trailer: Parkliner; 2013 Honda Ridgeline
North Carolina
Cover for Parkliner

We have been looking around for an easy to install well fitting and reasonably priced cover for our Parkliner. One of our requirements is that it allows us easy access to the entry door. Any ideas or experience? Camping World has ADCO covers on sale for a "less than 15 feet" trailer for about $167, but it's not clear from the ad where the door access is nor how it might fit.
Thanks.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #2

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
We bought the Adco cover you're looking at, knowing it was going to be too big. The white roof area hung down on all four sides about a foot and a half, and the sides were also that much too long, puddling on the ground. The door opening was in the right place, but the low-hanging roof section prevented the door from opening.
Our solution was to cut a 16-inch wide band out of the white roof, on all four sides, about 2 inches above the seam. The remaining roof rectangle will be smaller than the rectangular hole where it will be reattached. We marked the center point of all 4 edges of both pieces, and pinned them together, working out from the center points to the corners. At the corners, you will have excess fabric on the "walls" so we made pleats on the front and back that fold from the corners toward the center of the front and back sides. This is also where Adco provides straps that cinch to fit, so our pleats are not noticeable.
The band of roof fabric we removed included the velcro straps that hold the door flap rolled up, so we had to remove and reattach them after the cover was reassembled.
I was unsure that it would all fit, but Joel's spatial perception is better than mine, and we are very happy with the fit and the price!
Attached Thumbnails
Adco cover for Parkliner side.jpg   Advo cover for Parkliner front.jpg  

Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #3

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Our Sunbrella cover was not cheap (Calmark), but the zipped door entry was in the right place.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #4

North Carolina
Parkliner Cover

Thanks for the detailed description and pictures of your Parkliner cover mod, Tammie. Did you reassemble it yourselves or have it done?
Old 09-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #5

Alabama
Hi Bill,
I put it back together on my home sewing machine. The material is Tyvek, so it's lightweight and easy to sew. The only difficulty was due to the size of the cover which, when laid out, covered my entire sewing room.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:34 AM   #6

Name: Janice & Rick
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Nova Scotia
Registry
Hi - We purchased a breathable cover for our Trillium, only to discover that after having it on for a few weeks mould was growing on the ceiling in patches of black like dots . . . . was so disappointed - so out came the bucket of soap, water and bleach. It is all clean again but I am hesitant to put the cover back on but want to protect it. Should I do something else to prevent moisture build up?
JRTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:30 AM   #7

Alabama
ADCO update

Hi Bill,
Just discovered this morning that the Adco cover is deteriorating, and l can't recommend buying one. Ours is 8 months old. The white Tyvek top is in good shape, but the tan sides have rotted and shredded in places. The sides are made of a lightweight polypropylene material similar to a "fabric" shopping tote.

I guess it would have made a good dust cover inside a garage, but not outside exposed to the elements.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:35 AM   #8

New York
We have no complaints about our Sunbrella Calmark cover. Pricey, but come with a 6 year guarantee: RV Covers 6 YEAR warranty, rv cover, trailer cover, 5th wheel cover, toy hauler covers. CalMark RV Cover Co - Sunbrella RV Cover

One of the great things about it is they build in an oversize zippered access for the door, which is great, as it allows us to do stuff inside after it's been winterized and stored.

We've used ours one winter, and it will be going back on by the end of October. There's still one more camping trip to do, probably this coming 3 day weekend.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-06-2014, 08:14 AM   #9

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Not the kind of cover you asked about but this is what I bought for my Scamp: http://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-20-ft-portable-car-canopy-69034-8696.html You can find them several places for around a $100-$110 on sale. It fits neatly in a shady corner of my backyard under the tree canopy where it is convenient to back the Scamp into. I was pleased to see that it cleared the factory installed TV antenna of my Scamp, so it should clear roof mounted A/C as well. I don’t know how long the tarp part will last, but I may contact a local awning company about making a better fabric top when the old one goes. Or I may just buy another (silver) tarp from HF and pull it over the old frame. Anyway, it keeps the Florida Sun, rain, and tree trash off my Scamp and that is what I wanted.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #10

Alabama
There's a door opening in the Adco in the right place, but at this point, I can only recommend it as a dust cover.

Guess l just need to pony up and call Calmark. Thanks, Frank!
Old 10-06-2014, 08:28 AM   #11

New York
Sure Tammie. As far as I know, they have done at least two ParkLiners, maybe 3. Ours fits loose, and I like that. Also, somewhere here is a thread about how I carved up some 2" blue insulation panels to fit in the roof indentation so that (dreadful) snow does not sag down into that indentation. It's not too difficult and it's easy to figure out when you look at the roof of your trailer.

Best of luck to you!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-06-2014, 10:42 AM   #12

Name: Janice & Rick
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Nova Scotia
Registry
Am I the only one who has experienced mildrew on the ceiling of my trailer inside since putting on the cover?
JRTrillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #13

North Carolina
Unhappy Thanks for the info on your cover, Tammie

I appreciate your info on the cover, Tammie. I was sorry to hear that your's is deteriorating after all of your good work to adapt it for your Parkliner.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #14

North Carolina
I will follow Timber Wolf's lead and try the Harbor Freight cover. I only need it for the summer at our mountain cabin.
Thanks for the help.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:16 PM   #15
DJO

Name: DJO
Trailer: Parkliner #40 something
Colorado
Registry
Also sorry to hear Tammie. We splurged on a Calmark last year and it has fit and worked pretty well. As Frank says it's nice to have a door zippered into the cover. We used plywood to keep the water from settling on the top but this year I think we'll make a tipee out of pvc pipe as Tom Bass suggested to me.
DJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:49 PM   #16

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
DJO how did Tom suggest you make the pvc teepee? I have a Calmark coming, Frank, they should give you a commission
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:52 PM   #17

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
DJO how did Tom suggest you make the pvc teepee? I have a Calmark coming, Frank, they should give you a commission
Yeah Pat, I agree. Wouldn't that be great!

I'd like to hear more about the Tom Bass proposed pvc teepee too.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #18
DJO

Colorado
Registry
You know he didn't give details. I just thought that I'd go to home depot and play around till I made something 4-5 feet long with little legs. Like a tinker toy.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:43 AM   #19

New York
I'm not sure what you're using it for then I guess DJO. I use 3 pieces of 2" blue foam board cut to size to fill the cavities on the roof before I put the cover on. That way snow and/or rain do not stretch the fabric or stay on the cover.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #20
DJO

Colorado
Registry
I like your idea better than using PVC pipe.

Tags
parkliner