Didn't like "feel" of 1998 16' Scamp vs. Casita 17' Build Quality? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #41

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy P. View Post
I disagree.

That wasn't meant as a definitive explanation of their procedure. I gave only a cursory description but even this simple test can easily reveal a leak. Heck, that's exactly what we tell people on this very forum to do all the time for leak detection. If a moisture meter is employed even better.

The point being, Casita does test their trailers for leaks and maybe if Scamp did likewise they could avoid the kind of issues we've been discussing.
To quote Larry the cable guy...
"Now I don't care who you are... That's funny right there!"
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #42

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy P. View Post
I disagree.

That wasn't meant as a definitive explanation of their procedure. I gave only a cursory description but even this simple test can easily reveal a leak. Heck, that's exactly what we tell people on this very forum to do all the time for leak detection. If a moisture meter is employed even better.

The point being, Casita does test their trailers for leaks and maybe if Scamp did likewise they could avoid the kind of issues we've been discussing.
Actually, as best as I can recall, this is only about the 2nd or 3rd post concerning leaks in NEW Scamps that I can remember, it's not like it's a common problem I don't think!

I think that the OP's leak story has to play out before judgments can be made. And, with what was called a tiny leak, that only showed up after raining all day, I doubt of anyone's leak test would have caught that.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:18 PM   #43

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Casita does have a spray booth that they use to check for leaks (Yes ; l actually saw the spray booth and saw a trailer being tested) That being said the first hard rain after picking up our Casita the bathroom fan leaked. All manufactured products have defects and even with proper testing procedures defects go undetected. I have owned both a 1999 Scamp 16 ft and a 2013 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe and both are fine trailers . The perfect trailer does not exist and even if it did ,I doubt I could afford to purchase it. Scamp and Casita offer value at a fair price IMHO.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:11 AM   #44

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
... That being said the first hard rain after picking up our Casita the bathroom fan leaked. ....
Interesting because the bathroom fan (vent) was one of the two leaks I had in my new Scamp. It is a Vanair vent with fan (designed to be used in vans, hence the name). Scamp left a gap of a about 1/2 inch in the sealant. It was hard to see until I got almost on top of the trailer (not physically on the roof of course). Once I spotted the gap it was an easy fix.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, scamp