shower drain in a Biggar plugged? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #1

Name: Stu
Trailer: Biggar
Saskatchewan
shower drain in a Biggar plugged?

Hello, I was wondering if there is something besides a plugged drain that would stop water from draining out of the shower. Pretty sure it's plugged, but this is my first trailer and I am not wanting to force anything and end up costing myself big dollars in repair costs. Thanks, Stu.
Saskstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
is the tank empty? Only time I ever had water in the shower floor was when the grey tank was full....
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
it posted twice!
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskstu View Post
Hello, I was wondering if there is something besides a plugged drain that would stop water from draining out of the shower. Pretty sure it's plugged, but this is my first trailer and I am not wanting to force anything and end up costing myself big dollars in repair costs. Thanks, Stu.
You sure you do not have a shower pump that needs to be turned on. many trailers have them. Switch on the wall of the bathroom some place??? Go under the trailer and look to see whats under the shower drain area - there may be a trap or a pump that needs cleaning.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #5

Saskatchewan
Gee, you guys are quick, I was hoping to finish my beer before I went back out to look. Tank is empty, I will look underneath and see what I find. Thannks, Stu
Old 06-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #6

Saskatchewan
Well, I couldn't find a pump or a switch for a pump and under the Biggar is all fibreglass so there wasn't much to see. I took a plunger to the drain and couldn't move any water at all, a snake is next I suppose. Thanks for the help. Stu
Old 06-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskstu View Post
I was hoping to finish my beer before I went back out to look. Tank is empty, I will look underneath and see what I find.
What you see may depend on whether or not that was your first beer.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #8

Registry
Stu, is there no way of removing the shower drain from above?

If you dont have one yet a handy item to have which may or may not help in this situation but helps to give the tanks a real good rinse is a tank wand. It reaches into the tank and helps at getting dirt build up off the top, sides and bottom of the tanks.

Sorry we werent of much help on this one.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #9

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Stu, please post what you find out. I also have a Biggar but I haven't tried the shower yet, so don't know if it's working or not. Thanks, Marina
Marinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinab View Post
Stu, please post what you find out. I also have a Biggar but I haven't tried the shower yet, so don't know if it's working or not. Thanks, Marina
Marina, didnt your trailer come with all the original manuals? Is there anything it it regarding the shower or a water pump for it?
Old 06-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #11

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
We had a shower that wouldn't drain and it was because the P trap had slipped and the drain pipe was running level so it wouldn't drain. Shoved it back into place and tightened... all better.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #12

Saskatchewan
Well, the beer was fine, only had one and didn't find much out till this morning. Seems the 3rd valve is just for the shower. Open the valve and the shower should drain...problem is, the gate valve is broken and I have to figure out how to fix that without ruining the rest of the plumbing. Thanks for all the help.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #13

Registry
The gate valve should have 4 screws on it making it fairly easy to remove and fix or replace.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #14

Saskatchewan
Carol, yup, 4 screws, but that is for the whole assembly, the one valve that was broken, is glued in place. I drilled a 1" hole on the side of valve body, below the gate, and pryed the gate down with a screw driver.I am going to try to glued the bar back to the gate later, I have to make pizzas now...wood fired pizza oven...fun and delicious. Have a great day

Stu
Old 06-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #15

Registry
Stu, I don't know if this helps. Good Luck. If you need manuals, I have the originals. Marina

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	47691
Old 06-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #16

Saskatchewan
Marina, I have manuals...woohooo! I have discovered that the type of toilet i (maybe we by the looks of your manual) is gone with no replacement or aftermarket parts available. The guy at the rv place in regina will sell me a new toilet for $188.95 I will keep looking. Stu
Old 06-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #17

Registry
I was very excited to recieve the manuals in the mail from the previous owner. Manuals for fridge, stove, toilet, water pump, furnace and the Biggar manual. It even has a wiring diagram and authorized appliance service stations, (most of them will probably be out of business now ). Still cool to have though. Marina
Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #18

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 19' 1977 BIGGAR
British Columbia
Heya Marinab / SaskStu: do you guys know if any of the Biggar manuals may be available online? I checked the document centre here and found one for the overall trailer, but none of the appliances. Thanks!!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #19

Trailer: Aliner
Just an off the wall suggestion. My Casita shower started draining slower and slower until finally water was backing up a couple of inches when we took a shower. P-trap was clean. Valve was open.

When I lifted up the shower's little round drain cover, the 4 little bars underneath had hair on them. I picked off the hair and the drain worked fine.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #20

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by calindor View Post
Heya Marinab / SaskStu: do you guys know if any of the Biggar manuals may be available online? I checked the document centre here and found one for the overall trailer, but none of the appliances. Thanks!!
Hi Clayton, I have some manuals for my Biggar...Oven, Furnace, Refridgerator, etc. Which one did you need? I don't know if the
appliances are the same in the Boler as the Biggar though.
Marina

Tags
biggar