Replacing windows in my 1973 Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #1

Name: Heidi
Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300
Alberta
Replacing windows in my 1973 Boler

Hello, I am new to the boler world and so far am very excited to start fixing it up! I found my boler last summer and got a steal price ad the guy selling was desperate for money! I am wondering if anyone has ideas about replacement windows? I am thinking tinted glass and sliders. I live close to Edmonton, Alberta. Any ideas, thoughts, or tips would be greatly appreciated!
heidster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #2

Name: Russ
Trailer: 1972 & 1978 Bolers 13ft
Alberta
Hi,
I also live close to Edmonton, St.Albert to be exact. I have a 1972 boler and looking to replace my side window. The only option I've come across is via Outback RV in Calgary. They have glass slider windows that cost $250 each + labour. A bigger hole would need to out during the install.

My issue with my current windows is they let in all sorts of dust/dirt when travelling down gravel roads.

I'm also looking to replace my crank out window in my door if anyone has parts they are willing to sell?

Cheers
Rusty99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
I suggest you connect with Hehr International. Many, many replacement options, though each one will require some mods to your shell.

Can't speak to cost and shipping details to Canada, but these guys supply all of my window replacements.
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #4

Alberta
Thanks, I may have to look into it as I am not having any luck! I called an RV place today and told them my plans of replacing the side windows with sliders, they actually told me that since bolers are round, u can't put modern windows in and I would have to go find another boler to part off of to replace my existing windows!!!! I was like "wow"! I kindly told the lady on the phone I would go somewhere else, because you can replace bolers windows with newer modern ones! I hung up the phone and chuckled to myself and thought, if u don't know what ur talkin bout, don't say it! I couldn't believe my ears! Back to searching I guess!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #5

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
I noticed that scamp sells replacements windows on their site. Will these fit an older boler?
glamourpets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #6

Alberta
I thought of scamp as well, but I live in Canada. Trying to keep it on this side of the border to avoid heavy shipping/duty charges. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:47 PM   #7

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
Scamp only ships UPS, which really drives up the cost to ship into Canada. I agree. Its a problem. I get around this by picking stuff up when I make trips into the US. The savings is substantial over having it shipped directly.
glamourpets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #8

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Give Trillium Trailers in Calgary a call I am pretty sure they will point you in the right direction.

Another good spot to connect with Canadian Boler owners if you have not found it is the Bolerama site.

Also try asking Paul Naumeister at Fibreglass-rv.ca I am pretty sure he will have some ideas for you as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #9

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Vintage trailer may have seals and such for your windows. Not exactly sure what your vintage boler windows are like. But take a look.
http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/Windows_s/126.htm

Shipping to Canada is a regular thing and they do have some options that may be better priced. Scamp site shipping is uber expensive (shipping & air travel cost for Minn. are horrid)

http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/help_answer.asp?ID=11#40
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #10

Name: Lethbridge
Trailer: 13' Boler
Alberta
What about this ad on kijiji

Boler Replacement Windows - Alberta Travel Trailers, Campers For Sale - Kijiji Alberta Canada.

It is in Alberta, very close to you and they look great. I was thinking of putting them in my Boler this winter, but they are pretty expensive. If I replace all windows, the windows would cost me more than I have in the trailer so far lol
davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:58 AM   #11

Alberta
Smile

Davis,
Thank you, thank you, thank you a million times over for that link! This has been a frustrating adventure being new to restoring anything let alone a Boler! Like everyone else, i am trying my hardest to keep the costs down as low as possible. I have contacted that person and waiting to hear back. At least maybe i will get an idea of where to look if he can't help me out! This is becoming an expensive obsession! But i can't wait for my Boler to be done! It will be worth it in the end, and it will be something I did myself and can be proud of! Well mostly myself! lol
Old 08-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #12

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Scamp site shipping is uber expensive
Yup they will ship it using one carrier and a very expensive one at that - which kills it for anyone wanting them to ship parts to Canada. I asked the other day about a $140 dollar part - they said the shipping was going to be the same as the cost of the part. No kidding. Don't even bother to ask if they can send it via good old US Parcel Post or via any other popular shippers that many US merchants use to ship to Canada with cheaper rates - just not going to happen! In today's market I honestly don't get it
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #13

Name: Laurie
Alberta
Hope you have had luck in finding sliders for your project. I am looking for a replacement louvered side window (sink side) which was damaged beyond repair this summer. Are you interested in selling your old one? emil : ander5@telusplanet.net
landerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think Escape gets their windows from Sun-View Industries in BC
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #15

Name: David
Trailer: Boler
Manitoba
hey...did you find out anything? If you do let me know...I am trying to find a replacement side window for 1973 boler. David
dhwilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, windows