Used Cabinet across the rear of a Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2014, 01:13 AM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
California
Used Cabinet across the rear of a Scamp

Does anyone have a used rear cabinet for a Scamp 16'? I mean the one that goes from one side cabinet to the other side cabinet in the rear above the rear dinette .
I haven't checked with Scamp yet and I was hoping to find a used cabinet.
Does any one have an idea what one from Scamp shipped to San Francisco might cost?
Frank F
Old 11-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #2

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Frank,

I built a cabinet to use that space. If you look under Preparing a 1991 Scamp under Modifications you can see it.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:43 AM   #3

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
California
Thanks but I like plug and play!!
Frank
Old 11-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #4

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Frank, Best if you call the Scamp factory yourself to get the price and shipping. I haven't seen too many people in this forum that have ordered those cabinets and had them shipped to SF specifically.
Be ready for sticker shock because plug n play doesn't usually come cheap and that cabinet is bulky to ship.

You might also want to check on Scamp specific forums.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:26 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Unless things have changed, on the 16' the front and rear cabinets are wood. AND, if you find a fiberglass one from a 13' Scamp... it won't fit.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Unless things have changed, on the 16' the front and rear cabinets are wood. AND, if you find a fiberglass one from a 13' Scamp... it won't fit.
Actually someone picked up a couple of the fiberglass bins from Scamp a couple of years ago for an older 13' Scamp and brought them back to the Pacific North west. They ended up only using one of them as Scamp has different bins for the front and the rear and somehow they had provided the party with two of the same. A Scamp overhead bin designed for the front of the trailer will not fit the rear. I took the front bin they could not use for my use in my 92 16'. It fit my Scamp 16' but in the end I decided not to use it as Scamp had pre cut the opening of the door of it and the opening was to large to work well with my side bath 16'.

At a trailer meet we tried the bin out on a number of Bolers as well (it actually end up in one) and it fit most of them as well..... not all of them though - it appeared while dry fitting the bin that there would be some fairly large gaps between the shell and the bin on a couple of the Bolers we tried it in. Its unknown as to how well those gaps may have filled in or how noticeable they may have been once the bin was riveted into place though. If you have rat fur & foil on the trailers walls its very possible the bins for the 13' would work out OK in the 16' as there is enough cushion on the walls to fill in any minor gaps between the bin and the walls once you snug it up with the rivets.

EDIT: I have no ideas as to how well a 13' rear bin might fit a 16' though as we did not have one to try out.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp